Thread: /sigh, overcrowded mire     submit to reddit submit to twitter

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

/sigh, overcrowded mire

90+ on Siren atm. Mobs are popping claimed... this is fucking nuts.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Give it a few hours, its still early. Kids got school tomorrow so probably 3ish hours and it'll be almost empty.

I really only xp in the early morning, a few times i've had mammool to myself and we were waiting for repops. If its really bad though, go into mamook. There is places in there that noone goes to.

Use your Fafhogg bots.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hint: There are other ToAU places to merit, but NAs don't need to know about them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw mamool ja staging point completely empty the other day. I contimplated taking a screenshot...but I didn't.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Hint: There are other ToAU places to merit, but NAs don't need to know about them.
    There are other, better, ToAU places to merit...

Anything more than 1 party for Mire and I'd rather go somewhere else, 2 if they agree to where they fight, maybe 3 parties in Thickets and 2-3 in Mamook.

Banned.

BG Level

HELP ME, I AM A SHEEP WHO CAN NOT THINK FOR HIMSELF. ARE THERE ANY SHEPARDS OUT THERE THAT CAN THINK FOR ME?

Trolls are fun. So are Qutrub.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Give it a few hours, its still early. Kids got school tomorrow so probably 3ish hours and it'll be almost empty.
    ?

And the grownups have work. So who in North America is left playing at that time of day aside from the few 3rd shifters?

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron
    >.>
    ?

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Nothing, I just hate qutrubs. Probably has something to do with my 1/56 on spinal cleave.

Partied there twice and didnt care for it, though I guess it is better than sitting in an overcrowded area.

Ahh, I can see how that would spoil your enjoyment of them. From a Samurai perspective, they are heaven in a rotten body. About the only problem is that it's pointless trying to persuade the sheep to go there. Most don't even have Dvucca Isle SP - especially the "my only 75 job is a BRD" types.

Did someone say Eternus?

Dvucca is awesome, but you need a KRT-style backline of rdm, whm, brd. A lot of people tend to go 4 melee 2 mage, or double-bard; neither of those work as well as having a whm in this location.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I have a feeling the Qutrubs take a peircing bonus, my damage wasnt as good as it should be, compared to other people in the party. Just a warning

I bow before your superior knowledge wafik. I couldn't really tell, but I'm still getting used to this new THF damage thing.

However, IMO SATA is pretty much a must out here. I turn mobs off PLDs in XP at the best of times, but on Qutrub it's not even funny how much hate WS pulls. Of the available DDs to close light off a start from Kasha, THF have the superior TP gain to keep up with me.

@aurik: I'd agree with the utility of a WHM out here. Other things that work well are a well geared PLD/NIN, a Samurai (obviously) and (horror of horrors) a Black Mage.

@aurik: I'd agree with the utility of a WHM out here. Other things that work well are a well geared PLD/NIN, a Samurai (obviously) and (horror of horrors) a Black Mage.
    A Good BLM can make himself useful in any of the ToAU Zones where the mob tends to have high Def or Hp.

Pre-Sardine Packed Mamool Ja Point the best party I had was with a wee Taru BLM [about 6 levels lower than the rest of the pt] who would take a nice chunk out of the Mamool's Hp which really helped keep chain, nowadays it's a chore to find a mob there, let alone keep a good chain going.

To the OP: I never go near the Mire, too much AoE Silence and too many retards who never buy Echo Drops. Bards, Mages, /nin, all of them. I got tired of bombing Silena only to have them get silenced 2min later.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I <3 joining a merit party and either

A.) the leader taking us to a 5-party mire
    B.) "i dont have that stageing point lol"

I was being sarcastic, i'm well aware of the utility of a BLM for spike effect for chain maintainence. The same could be said for BLM free-nukes on Trolls after Diamondhide.

The other job I like to have along on Qutrub is SMN. Qutrub don't sleep (either type), and have a nasty habit of resisting Bind at the wrong moment. A good SMN puller can happily pet pull, pet kite and hold for a PT working in the tunnel on the north side.

And anyone who has time to be flagged up has time to be getting their missing staging points. There's really no excuse by this point. It's not even that difficult to get to Dvucca isle if you can read a map and have some basic common sense with aggro avoidance.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It's not so bad taking people to Dvucca anymore , just make sure they have a Silver Coin to go underneath the ruins and it's a small walk away.

I've done that place 3x,
    1 great PT : MNK WAR NIN BRD WHM RDM (did we have a nin or a 2nd war? aurik was in this pt and prolly remembers it better)
    1 ok PT : MNK SAM NIN BRD BRD RDM
    1 bad PT : NIN NIN THF BRD SAM RDM

So long as the DD's are explosive, war, mnk, sam, all awesome choices to bring here.
    When I took my thief the other DD's were doing the same and sometimes more, when usually I can deal much more than the other members in my party too. I wasnt parsing, just going by hand, so maybe I was just a bit paranoid. But I am 70% Confident that these are just like skeletons and take a peircing penalty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast