+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lost Odyssey Gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9tMOMRboWs

Pretty nice seamless transition from the cutscene to gameplay. I am surprised that this is shaping up well. Perhaps this game can double xbox 360 sales in Japan (from 4 owners to 8?).

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just me, but I dont think that game looks very good with a turn based system, would seem it would be better being a Fable-ish deal.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah maybe this can sell a few systems in Japan as it is made by former SE employees who worked on FFVII and the company Mistwalker was formed by the guy who created Final Fantasy. The game shows alot of promise, and I think it will be well received over here. In Japan they probably will be forced to take notice just due to who made the game lol. Blue Dragon will get their attention before this even comes out. That doesn't mean they will buy Xbox360s though.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Just me, but I dont think that game looks very good with a turn based system, would seem it would be better being a Fable-ish deal.
    You are comparing it to Fable just because it is on Xbox360 when this game is made by former Square employees lol. It is turn based like just about every other RPG Square-Enix makes. Sounds like you have a predisposed bias towards this game solely based on what system it is on. Developers are what matters most, and Mistwalker has some heavy hitters working for them if you actually read up on it.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Hope theres a ton of attacks, because that looks like it would get old fast ;x

Transition didn't impress me, but the 4 minute cutscene did. That's an awful lot of artist time pissed away for a demo!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

looks breathtaking

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah it looks like almost every FF game I have played, and those got really old fast too right? I am sure there are many different attacks. Do you think that Mistwalker is going to make a crap game like that? Seems to me you have no fucking clue who is making this game. Also take into account this game isn't being released until next year. Blue Dragon supposedly is coming out this year (I have my doubts).

Looks great, glad they weren't such pussies about the violence either. I liked the whole turn-based system like in FFX where you could see who's turn was when etc, but I also miss the real-time battle system.

The music sounded like something out of Fantasia though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Yeah it looks like almost every FF game I have played, and those got really old fast too right? I am sure there are many different attacks. Do you think that Mistwalker is going to make a crap game like that? Seems to me you have no fucking clue who is making this game. Also take into account this game isn't being released until next year. Blue Dragon supposedly is coming out this year (I have my doubts).
    Take it easy, I think you're being a little over-confident in the designers. Squaresoft did make flops and I don't see how this company can be immune either.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Of course Mistwalker isn't immune to making flops. Which real time combat system do you miss lol... there aren't any in FF history except for FFXI and FFXII really. These guys made FFVII and the guy who founded the company created FF, they know what they are doing. This game is make or break for them. FF games previous to XI (X-2 doesn't count) have had either turn based or fake real time systems (ATB gave the illusion of being real time lol). Never had a true real time system in a regular FF until XII (you can still do wait mode though). I wouldn't expect FFXII to be immune to not being a flop either, I wasn't too impressed with the demo that came with DQ. Lost Odyssey looks like another FF game to me, that might be good or bad depending on how you look at it. Square-Enix had alot of their FF team quit and join this company. Mistwalker's 3 announced Xbox360 games could all fail, but that is highly unlikely considering who they are.

The music for Lost Odyssey is by Nobuo Uematsu.
    The trailer is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adIAc1UB_ew

I haven't bought a 360 as of yet, but this game along with a few others might change my mind.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Am I the only one who thinks it looks pretty retarded...?

Just not my type of game, I guess.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks pretty retarded...?

Just not my type of game, I guess.
    Graphic wise, you think it looks retarded? Or just not a fan of JRPGs? I doubt the game (or 99% of JRPGS) will be innovate, but it sure is pretty.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Graphics look great and all, nice long cutscene, undecided on the music... But what the heck is up with the physics? Is it just me or is it reminiscent of Power Rangers or something with the moving-as-if-everything-is-made-of-aluminum? Especially around the 45 second mark? I'm all about sci-fi/fantasy/unrealism, but it just looks silly.