+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'm going to get PSU and try it out too when they release it here. I just hope the online problems from the JP launch don't follow into the US.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Too much JP cock in people mouths here.

I loved PSO myself, and will get PSU solely for that purpose. The fact is PSU IS better than PSO, and thats good enough for me, or any PSO fan. Probably the reason the JP dont like it much because of all the server fuck ups and such, I do hope all that will be cleared up in a month..

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

I loved PSO myself, and will get PSU solely for that purpose. The fact is PSU IS better that PSO, and thats good enough for me, or any PSO fan. Probably the reason the JP dont like it much because of all the server fuck ups and such, I do hope all that will be cleared up in a month..
    The reason we(not that im JP) dont like it is because its fucking trash. Any reason I can give you to why nobody likes it will only spark the response "ya, thats phantasy star" so i'm not going to bother. But this is 2006, the same fucked up mechanics that seemed decent in 1999 arent going to cut it anymore. The environments are boring, the enemies/action is mindless, and you feel like youre playing the same game you were years ago.

Except that youd be better off replaying PSO to avoid the lag everpresent in PSU.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So the reasoning is that it's not enough of an upgrade over PSO?

I'm not too worried about laggy servers during a launch, that shit will get fixed when the load isn't as high, they tweak it, or add more servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

I loved PSO myself, and will get PSU solely for that purpose. The fact is PSU IS better that PSO, and thats good enough for me, or any PSO fan. Probably the reason the JP dont like it much because of all the server fuck ups and such, I do hope all that will be cleared up in a month..
    The reason we(not that im JP) dont like it is because its fucking trash. Any reason I can give you to why nobody likes it will only spark the response "ya, thats phantasy star" so i'm not going to bother. But this is 2006, the same fucked up mechanics that seemed decent in 1999 arent going to cut it anymore. The environments are boring, the enemies/action is mindless, and you feel like youre playing the same game you were years ago.

Except that youd be better off replaying PSO to avoid the lag everpresent in PSU.
    Uhhh. I really dont give a fuck, I thought that the battle system in PSO was fine as it was, I was hoping that they wernt gonna change it much. I wasnt expecting a huge upgrade in the textures and maps. The only thing I was hoping for was an upgrade in the enemy AI, but you know what, you can only care so much... As long as I can get Huge spells to take out rooms at a time then the AI doesnt really matter now does it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'll think about it, but we have yet to see if Sega's learned it's lessons about bugs and hacking.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    I'll think about it, but we have yet to see if Sega's learned it's lessons about bugs and hacking.
    This is why I'm not going back.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    This is why I'm not going back.
    Yup, PSO was totaly ruined by both of those things...and I played from launch on the Dreamcast. And by all accounts from the JPN launch, Sega still hasn't learned anything.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=mmrsirai

For people interested at all in PSU. Here's some gameplay videos I dug up.

anyone know where to find the beta char creator?

playing PSU while not raiding on PC probably since xbox360 isn't connected to the other servers.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Time to upgrade my 3 year old PC. =/

this game looks to be in higher demand for a game controller, than FFXI.

Looks like alot of button mashing.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This necrobump has been approved by the administration. >.> BUMP because I'm wondering if, since the game's come out today, it's worth running out and spending what little cash I have on it. How's the offline mode? Is the online mode anything to shake a stick at? Does it have the old PSO problems after all, or is it something new and fun? This thread was sort of divided pretty bad. Let's hear some reports. :D

Many retailers are having their shipments delayed until 10/26, so you might not hear much about the game until then.