+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Link will be right handed     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yes it comes with a wrist strap.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

in some countries its considered rude to shake with your right hand because its the same hand traditionally used to wipe youre ass

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    in some countries its considered rude to shake with your right hand because its the same hand traditionally used to wipe youre ass
    You mean left. You eat and shake with your right and you wipe with your left. Having lived in Nigeria for some time. I can confirm that. i have not been to every country on this planet though, those right handed ass wipers might exist.

Oh as for being a righty... ;_;
    I'm right handed... but some things should not change.
    He wears green
    He wears a cap
    He's left handed
    etc

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I do hope they really think about this though since I'm totally useless with my right hand :/
    I'm also left handed, but really, I don't think it will be a problem, as long we start using it just like everyone. Do you have any problem using a keyboard/mouse? It's not really different here.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm amazed by the number of left handed people here.

Old Merits
    BG Level

They say left handed people use the right side of their brain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Anyway, I'm left handed too, and got tortured for it as a kid :D

I have um.. a very "special" family who told me stupid stuff as a kid like left handed people go to hell, eating with the left hand is sinful, etc. They even got me a book and tried forcing me to write with my right hand every day >_> Yeah smartypants, I really chose to be left handed, my right hand is still redundant to this very day . Don't see what the fuss was all about!
    My mother did the same thing to me. She tried to force me to become right handed when I was very young. Appearently, in Croatia and other european countries back twenty years ago, if you were left handed you were considered retarded, or so my older sister tells me.

And I'm getting GCN version anyway, so this doesn't bother me. Left-handed heroes for the win!
    That actually happened to my mother. When she was young they forced her to only use her right hand, they smacked her when she tried to use her left. When I started school she asked the Principal if this was going to be an issue with me, he said that they didn't do that any more. (But I was still forced to use right handed scissors.)

The only things I can do with my right hand are cut, throw, use a mouse, and punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    Not all lefties are right-brained, and there is an even smaller group of lefties that have brains that are less differentiated making them "center-brained".

P.S. They can burn in hell for making Link a righty.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

The only things I can do with my right hand are cut, throw, use a mouse, and punch.
    Atleast you can cut with right handed scissors. If I was ever doing a group project in school, I'd try to cut and everyone would stare at me like a retard when I couldn't do it. I could NEVER figure out why I couldn't do it right until I was in like middle-high school or something...When I started sewing though I bought some really nice left handed scissors and thought they were the coolest things ever for a while haha.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    You mean left. You eat and shake with your right and you wipe with your left. Having lived in Nigeria for some time. I can confirm that. i have not been to every country on this planet though, those right handed ass wipers might exist.

He wears green
    He wears a cap
    He's left handed
    etc

I never even noticed Link was left handed.. does it really matter lol? (sotry wise, guess theres some sort of problem gamewise >.>)

Im a righty, and wipe my ass with my right, and im sure most people do the same >.> THATS RIGHT, I wipe my ass, shake someones hand and then eat all within 5 minutes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle

Atleast you can cut with right handed scissors. If I was ever doing a group project in school, I'd try to cut and everyone would stare at me like a retard when I couldn't do it. I could NEVER figure out why I couldn't do it right until I was in like middle-high school or something...When I started sewing though I bought some really nice left handed scissors and thought they were the coolest things ever for a while haha.
    It's funny, when I was in kindergarten we were graded on a 1, 2, 3 system. Cutting was the only thing that I got a 2 in. Damn right-handed scissors.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

He wears green
    He wears a cap
    He's left handed
    etc

I never even noticed Link was left handed.. does it really matter lol? (sotry wise, guess theres some sort of problem gamewise >.>)

Im a righty, and wipe my ass with my right, and im sure most people do the same >.> THATS RIGHT, I wipe my ass, shake someones hand and then eat all within 5 minutes.
    I hope there is some hand-washing in between those activities.

He wears green
    He wears a cap
    He's left handed
    etc

hahahah

Oh I'm a lefty too

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He wears green
    He wears a cap
    He's left handed
    etc

Depends whos hand im shaking :3

Physiologically speaking, the majority of people are dominant on the side of the brain opposite of their dominant hand. It's due to the wiring of the CNS and the fact that information crosses contra-laterally as it goes from the brain stem into the main processing centers via the corpus callosum.

There are more in depth reasons as to why the dominance exists in the first place, but physiologically speaking this is more or less an abbreviated version of why.

Though, this is not 'every' case it is certainly the majority.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I do hope they really think about this though since I'm totally useless with my right hand :/
    I'm also left handed, but really, I don't think it will be a problem, as long we start using it just like everyone. Do you have any problem using a keyboard/mouse? It's not really different here.
    Because of the forums split I would figure you missed my wow post about trying to find a way to make WoW easier since I play with the mouse in my left-hand. :D

Not all lefties are right-brained, and there is an even smaller group of lefties that have brains that are less differentiated making them "center-brained".
    When I was getting my masters I had to take a child psychology class. One day the teacher gave us a test on how “right-brained” or “left-brained” we were. I was on the extreme right-brained category. :X I guess those with the center-brained are the ones that can multi-task a lot better, and can recover from a stroke faster.

It's funny, when I was in kindergarten we were graded on a 1, 2, 3 system. Cutting was the only thing that I got a 2 in. Damn right-handed scissors.

Omg this part is so funny. When I was little my pre-k and k teachers warned my mother that I might have to be in special education classes when I get older. Why? Because I couldn’t cut with scissors very well at all. They didn’t really have left-handed scissors at my school and the right-handed ones always gave me difficulties. My mother, who is also left-handed, just laughed it off because she knew exactly what I was going through (they tried to make her right-handed when she was young too, but it didn’t work).

On an interesting facts note, they were doing studies on people who are right-handed. They took people who stutter a lot and taught them how to write with their left-hand, and in many cases the stuttering went away. They figure it’s based on the fact they were really left-handed and their brain was ‘causing them to stutter since so much stimulation was coming from their right-hand instead.

Let's be serious, if I'm swinging a sword, the first time I do it I'm going to fucking SWING THE THING. When I see how cool it is, I'm going to continue until my arms fall off. But, being the clumsy girl I am, I know atleast one of those times that remote is going to go FLYING out of my hands.
    lol Gamespot wrote an article about how the Wiimote works with Zelda and they said to swing the sword all you really need to do is a flick of the wrist, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. It does not need to be a full body motion like swinging a bat lol. lol.. I can so see some people just going buck wild with it.
    And yes it is crazy how many of us are left handed. I thought the stat was like 10% of people are or something.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm just glad I am abidextrous and I don't have to worry about things like this. =P

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Lefty also but the only things I do with my left is write and bat <_< throw, eat, etc with my right.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Because of the forums split I would figure you missed my wow post about trying to find a way to make WoW easier since I play with the mouse in my left-hand. :D
    Yep, I did miss that D: Anyway, you should just give it a try. I'm sure you would adapt really fast.

You don't need a gamepad for lefty when you play console, do you? If you're forced to use something one way, you will probably end up being able to use it just as was well everyone. That wont be much different than that.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Let's be serious, if I'm swinging a sword, the first time I do it I'm going to fucking SWING THE THING. When I see how cool it is, I'm going to continue until my arms fall off. But, being the clumsy girl I am, I know atleast one of those times that remote is going to go FLYING out of my hands.
    lol Gamespot wrote an article about how the Wiimote works with Zelda and they said to swing the sword all you really need to do is a flick of the wrist, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. It does not need to be a full body motion like swinging a bat lol. lol.. I can so see some people just going buck wild with it.
    And yes it is crazy how many of us are left handed. I thought the stat was like 10% of people are or something.
    When you get your Wiimote are you going to puss out and flick your wrist, or are you going to be a man and swing your SWORD?