Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Let's be serious, if I'm swinging a sword, the first time I do it I'm going to fucking SWING THE THING. When I see how cool it is, I'm going to continue until my arms fall off. But, being the clumsy girl I am, I know atleast one of those times that remote is going to go FLYING out of my hands.
    lol Gamespot wrote an article about how the Wiimote works with Zelda and they said to swing the sword all you really need to do is a flick of the wrist, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. It does not need to be a full body motion like swinging a bat lol. lol.. I can so see some people just going buck wild with it.
    And yes it is crazy how many of us are left handed. I thought the stat was like 10% of people are or something.
    When you get your Wiimote are you going to puss out and flick your wrist, or are you going to be a man and swing your SWORD?
    I'm gonna tape it to my wrist and get the power glove I never got when I was 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Let's be serious, if I'm swinging a sword, the first time I do it I'm going to fucking SWING THE THING. When I see how cool it is, I'm going to continue until my arms fall off. But, being the clumsy girl I am, I know atleast one of those times that remote is going to go FLYING out of my hands.
    lol Gamespot wrote an article about how the Wiimote works with Zelda and they said to swing the sword all you really need to do is a flick of the wrist, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. It does not need to be a full body motion like swinging a bat lol. lol.. I can so see some people just going buck wild with it.
    And yes it is crazy how many of us are left handed. I thought the stat was like 10% of people are or something.
    When you get your Wiimote are you going to puss out and flick your wrist, or are you going to be a man and swing your SWORD?
    rofl, greatest idea ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    Omg this part is so funny. When I was little my pre-k and k teachers warned my mother that I might have to be in special education classes when I get older. Why? Because I couldn’t cut with scissors very well at all. They didn’t really have left-handed scissors at my school and the right-handed ones always gave me difficulties. My mother, who is also left-handed, just laughed it off because she knew exactly what I was going through (they tried to make her right-handed when she was young too, but it didn’t work).
    I'm left handed to and we didn't have any left handed scissors in my house So when I was cutting stuff for school in highschool my mom always got pissed off at me because it looked like an S where I cut. What I need is Flanders' Leftorium, that'd be awesome.

and wtf with all the lefties on BG?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...powerglove.jpg
    It fucking sucks. You're better off strapping your dick in there so at least you get some kind of enjoyment.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

that's how I planed to play metroid prime >_> use my left hand to change buttons like samus does and have it held like a cannon >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Next thesis any of you writes, should be on the relationship between lefthandedness and videogame playing...time..thing;/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well, finally Link's using his head! My scientific theory is that more left-handed people die of cancer each year.

And I base this on absolutely nothing.

lmao, I am sure at first I will swing it. But you said you are left handed too, and it would be weird to really swing it and have it move the opposite way because Link would actually be swinging with his right.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm gonna play with THIS!

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/2533/1/22060.jpg

What? I don't like gimicks. I just wanna play games all straight-forward like.

This makes me happy because I actually have an interesting dilemma. I'm pretty much ambidextrous but would prefer to swing a sword in my left hand. While saying this, I have no problem using my right to swing, I would have a serious problem getting used to moving around with the analog stick using my right hand so this solves the problem :D. Just wondering if other lefties are planning on using the nunchuck in there right hand because that just seems akward to me after getting so used to controlling movement with my left hand.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Every nerd are lefty. That's common knowledge.
    That's why we are all gathered on a video game forum

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    On an interesting facts note, they were doing studies on people who are right-handed. They took people who stutter a lot and taught them how to write with their left-hand, and in many cases the stuttering went away. They figure it’s based on the fact they were really left-handed and their brain was ‘causing them to stutter since so much stimulation was coming from their right-hand instead.
    In regards to that, my dad grew up being told and taught to be right-handed though he was left-handed (I forget the exact thing but being a lefty meant you were stupid or something back in the 50s), and he has a very slight stutter that might happen a handful of times a week. This is exactly what he and other people have thought it was though, the whole lefty switched to righty bit.

Also a gamer lefty myself, but I do almost everything with my right. I write, shoot pool, and use a bow lefty but then everything else like throwing with my right.

I'm a righty, you guys are a bunch of backwards buffoons.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I'm a righty, and I punch left handed nubs

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Yep, I did miss that D: Anyway, you should just give it a try. I'm sure you would adapt really fast.

You don't need a gamepad for lefty when you play console, do you? If you're forced to use something one way, you will probably end up being able to use it just as was well everyone. That wont be much different than that.
    Ya but things like game pads are a little different because they split things up. I actually find controllers easier than if they were reversed.

If you think about it you control the movement with your left hand which is the hand I'd want it in anyways and buttons with the right. I'm not totally useless with the right but I prefer controlling movement with my left. Just is much more natural to me. But I'll try anyways if nothing else I'll let my bf play and I'll yell at him like a 90-year-old backseat driver. D:

Xavier

Whole thing doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I'm left handed, but it doesn't mean my right hand is worthless to me. I'd obviously enjoy swinging the remote more w/ my left hand since I have slightly better control, but it doesn't phase me much.

And if its really that big of a deal, just wait and buy the gamecube version and play it on your Wii anyway w/ your gc controller. I don't think the Wii grahics are enhanced, just the controls.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    in some countries its considered rude to shake with your right hand because its the same hand traditionally used to wipe youre ass
    You mean left. You eat and shake with your right and you wipe with your left. Having lived in Nigeria for some time. I can confirm that. i have not been to every country on this planet though, those right handed ass wipers might exist.

Oh as for being a righty... ;_;
    I'm right handed... but some things should not change.
    He wears green
    He wears a cap
    He's left handed
    etc

I never even noticed Link was left handed.. does it really matter lol? (sotry wise, guess theres some sort of problem gamewise >.>)

Im a righty, and wipe my ass with my right, and im sure most people do the same >.> THATS RIGHT, I wipe my ass, shake someones hand and then eat all within 5 minutes.
    I hope there is some hand-washing in between those activities.
    well in impoverished nations thats exactly why this standard developed, due to lack of hygiene. and yea i knew it was one either the left or right hand just wasnt positive (one of those random facts ive heard over the years stored away lol).

im sure there are better hand washing and soap available to eveyone so its not a matter of hygiene but more a tradition.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Well, finally Link's using his head! My scientific theory is that more left-handed people die of cancer each year.

And I base this on absolutely nothing.
    I recently read in a reputable scientific magazine that right handed people are 92% more likely to cite made up statistics than left handed people.

I read it in the American Journal of Made up Statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Every nerd are lefty. That's common knowledge.
    That's why we are all gathered on a video game forum

As far as the graphics thing that Xavier mentioned I think they said at E3 the graphics on Wii would be better, but I am sure the differences are not all that extreme, just higher resolutions, blah blah blah.
    Fuck it though, I'll flick my wrist with my right hand if I have to.