+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Link will be right handed     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Link will be right handed

IGN reports that Link will be only Right-handed in the Wii version of Twilight Princess. He will, however, be left-handed in the GCN version. Apparently, Link was going to be lefty in the Wii version, but Nintendo assumes there are more right-handed gamers than left-handed. IGN reports Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed all of this in a Q&A session today.

Update: Nintendo of America, Inc. will not be issuing an official statement about this, it will be revealed through natural game coverage and upcoming previews on websites and magazines. However, a very, very reliable Nintendo source has just confirmed to me that Link will only be right-handed in the Wii version - the early report was pre-mature and I'm not gonna name a name to protect that person's identify, but this is the first "wrong" info I've ever gotten...but oh well. To clarify, Nintendo of America sources, and Shigeru Miyamoto, have confirmed that Link is only right-handed in the Wii version.

So, sorry lefties. Now another reason for players to want the GCN version even more.
    For those that don't know, Link has always been a lefty, and in the premier version of the game (Wii) he will be a righty.
    Maybe the first thing Nintendo has done wrong by not giving you the option, maybe they will change it.
    I hope so since I am left handed

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I can see the being Left-Handed argument, but not all Links are the same, therefore can't all be left handed.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I dont see why it's even a big deal to change link to right handed. Does anyone really pay attention to which hand his shield/sword will be? I know I hardly ever. Sounds like IGN are having a slow news day and need something to fill their void.

Anyway, I'm left handed too, and got tortured for it as a kid :D

I have um.. a very "special" family who told me stupid stuff as a kid like left handed people go to hell, eating with the left hand is sinful, etc. They even got me a book and tried forcing me to write with my right hand every day >_> Yeah smartypants, I really chose to be left handed, my right hand is still redundant to this very day . Don't see what the fuss was all about!

Hey Wafik, imagine swinging the Wiimote with your left hand and Link swings it with his right, that is what I think is going to create [albeit] a small issue, but an issue nonetheless. I do not care as much about keeping tradition, blah blah blah, but for us lefties that never use our right hands for anything, it could make it a little more convoluted.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The reason people know about this is becaused it was noted in the original that he would be left handed except when facing east, he would then swing with his right, pointing his shield at death mountian.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Hey Wafik, imagine swinging the Wiimote with your left hand and Link swings it with his right, that is what I think is going to create [albeit] a small issue, but an issue nonetheless. I do not care as much about keeping tradition, blah blah blah, but for us lefties that never use our right hands for anything, it could make it a little more convoluted.
    I thought they were made in a way so they can become interchangable? So you can have the remote in any hand and the nunchuck in any hand, and it'll still be fine. Boo I say.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

im left handed, but i throw stuff with my right hand >.> not that im getting a Wii (lol$)~ but i personally wouldnt take issue with a right handed link

(they could always convert the right handed movements of the player onto the left handed link, couldnt they?)

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

damn fast posters

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik needs to take more Mithra screenshots for me
    I thought they were made in a way so they can become interchangable? So you can have the remote in any hand and the nunchuck in any hand, and it'll still be fine. Boo I say.
    I would think they'd be interchangable.

Well ideally they would be interchangeable and maybe they will change that for launch, but at this point Miyamoto has pretty much said it will be right hand onry.

They are technically interchangeable, but it's more complicated than that.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Well, according to some report elsewhere that I don't remember where I READ IT.......This isn't the same Link from all the other games. It's a new kid! And a new horse, at that.

Anyway, I'm left handed, so I hope trying to swing the sword with my right hand isn't hard, but I imagine that it would be harder for me to do this than a right handed person.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Well, according to some report elsewhere that I don't remember where I READ IT.......This isn't the same Link from all the other games. It's a new kid! And a new horse, at that.

Anyway, I'm left handed, so I hope trying to swing the sword with my right hand isn't hard, but I imagine that it would be harder for me to do this than a right handed person.
    *imagines Lbelle as a little-sister type bouncing around the room poking people's eyes out with her controller*

aside from the cost, and the obvious sillyness of swinging the sword for hours on end i really think i'd eventually SMASH my hand on something (table/wall/TV) while playing >.>

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

none of the links are the same person... they're all reincarnations of the hero. Zelda, Link and Ganon are all just reincarnations that appear in various times/places.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk

none of the links are the same person... they're all reincarnations of the hero. Zelda, Link and Ganon are all just reincarnations that appear in various times/places.
    Some links are the same (OOT to MM for example.) All the ganons are the same.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Po
    I think what they're saying is you can wear it in either hand but Link will only register it as being in his right.

In other words say you want to swing the sword towards your body on your left-hand, since link is right-handed he would instead swing away from his body. Making this rather confusing for left-handed people to get used to.

I do hope they really think about this though since I'm totally useless with my right hand :/

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The swinging motion seems like a gimmick to me, and I'm a huge Wii supporter. I read a blog that all they did was map the swinging motion to the A button, instead of mapping to the sword, so you could swing upwards, and it would just swing horizontal.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Anyway, I'm left handed too, and got tortured for it as a kid :D

I have um.. a very "special" family who told me stupid stuff as a kid like left handed people go to hell, eating with the left hand is sinful, etc. They even got me a book and tried forcing me to write with my right hand every day >_> Yeah smartypants, I really chose to be left handed, my right hand is still redundant to this very day . Don't see what the fuss was all about!
    My mother did the same thing to me. She tried to force me to become right handed when I was very young. Appearently, in Croatia and other european countries back twenty years ago, if you were left handed you were considered retarded, or so my older sister tells me.

And I'm getting GCN version anyway, so this doesn't bother me. Left-handed heroes for the win!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I was talking to my friend about this today, and was wondering: Are they going to making a wristband or something so the remote doesn't fly out of your hand?

Let's be serious, if I'm swinging a sword, the first time I do it I'm going to fucking SWING THE THING. When I see how cool it is, I'm going to continue until my arms fall off. But, being the clumsy girl I am, I know atleast one of those times that remote is going to go FLYING out of my hands.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I was talking to my friend about this today, and was wondering: Are they going to making a wristband or something so the remote doesn't fly out of your hand?

Let's be serious, if I'm swinging a sword, the first time I do it I'm going to fucking SWING THE THING. When I see how cool it is, I'm going to continue until my arms fall off. But, being the clumsy girl I am, I know atleast one of those times that remote is going to go FLYING out of my hands.
    Lbelle this may be the only time I ask for a vid of you, but please please record that lmao. XD <3