Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question on Tiers T0/2?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Question on Tiers T0/2?

I've been pondering this question for quite awhile now regarding Tier0.

Does the rate of HQs increase even marginally between being below the synth cap and being 1-10 lvls over the synth cap?

ie. if im 93 and skilling up on a 95 synth my HQ rate is 1%, if im 105 trying to HQ a 95 synth I still only have a 1% HQ rate?

I just can't believe that the HQ rate on someone over the cap is the same as someone still trying to skill up on the synth. Anyone ever have a discussion on this or know where some information regarding this info is at?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Question on Tiers T0/2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles

Does the rate of HQs increase even marginally between being below the synth cap and being 1-10 lvls over the synth cap?

ie. if im 93 and skilling up on a 95 synth my HQ rate is 1%, if im 105 trying to HQ a 95 synth I still only have a 1% HQ rate?

I just can't believe that the HQ rate on someone over the cap is the same as someone still trying to skill up on the synth. Anyone ever have a discussion on this or know where some information regarding this info is at?
    It's the same rate, but that's assuming you mean that you are using support+ gear or actual support.

If you are 93+0+0 and skilling up on a lvl 95 synth your HQ rate is like .00000000001 or just flat 0, I never had a skillup under those exact circumstances, I was always at or above the cap (with support) when I HQ'd skilling up.

From 0-10 (HQ0 tier), I think most people would say 1% is about correct.

I believe it's less. I think, and I definately didn't test for this, and why should anyone, that maybe in my entire crafting career I've HQ'd only 3 items while skilling up from what I can recall. This was actually being below cap, without support of any kind. Others might have some better info on this.

What is noticable are fail rates. You will fail slightly more until you can reach cap with support, even at 1 level below cap using support.

its rare but it can happen ive gotten a bunch of HQ's while under cap no support lvling my Gsmithing maybe 4 or 5 times in over a 1 1/2 years working on it

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Calina
    its rare but it can happen ive gotten a bunch of HQ's while under cap no support lvling my Gsmithing maybe 4 or 5 times in over a 1 1/2 years working on it
    You sure your were under the cap including +goldsmithing gear? I've always figured it /might/ be possible but never physically had it happen.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Question on Tiers T0/2?

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles

It's the same rate, but that's assuming you mean that you are using support+ gear or actual support.

If you are 93+0+0 and skilling up on a lvl 95 synth your HQ rate is like .00000000001 or just flat 0, I never had a skillup under those exact circumstances, I was always at or above the cap (with support) when I HQ'd skilling up.

From 0-10 (HQ0 tier), I think most people would say 1% is about correct.
    I can't begin to speculate on if the % is the same for hq'ing below or T0 as the chance is already extremely low.

I remember bitching extensively about my HQ luck as I HQ'd 2 thief tools synths in about 5 synths. I was under the skill cap for both the main gold portion of the synth and also the wood portion of the synth (but over cap on smithing).

I have HQ'd 2 Tsars Eggs 2/2 now ^^

The first was for an impatient friend, I was 90.6 Goldsmithing +3 +3 and HQd it.

The 2nd Time i was 99.2 Goldsmithing +3 +3. It's probably about 1 in 10,000 at best. The only time it has ever happened to me. and on a shitty egg ; ;

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The first was for an impatient friend, I was 90.6 Goldsmithing +3 +3 and HQd it.
    Wow, well that's proof positive it can happen... I've never seen it and I have many,many levels of skilling up across characters.

I would say it is, without a doubt, much more rare than a simple HQ0.

Tsar's egg synth follows desynth-style hq and break rate.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've never HQed anything below cap without imagery or skill+ equipment.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've done maybe 2-3 HQs under cap, but of course, they were stupid things like rabbit mantle +1 and dhalmel mantle +1, zomg! ~_~

When leveling woodworking i HQ'd a couple Chestnut wands ( i think that was them iunno it was some wand) i had 0 equipment and didn't have synth support on. so i know you can hq when below cap.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

I remember while skilling on dhalmel leather I got two or three HQ animations without any skill gear/support (I was out in bubu). It can definitely happen, but that's the only time I've seen it in leveling crafts myself.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've probably had a few on leathers, I tend to start a synth and watch TV back and forth though usually, so, not sure. :/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I have made 3 things while skilling up, all of which totaled a whole 5k! Its a shame I cant even HQ Tire II + items now [0/14 etc]

Items HQed:
    Bone Patas x2
    Horn Hairpin

Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Quote Originally Posted by Calina
    You sure your were under the cap including +goldsmithing gear? I've always figured it /might/ be possible but never physically had it happen.
    Absolutely. My first HQ was a skillup on a Heko Obi, and I HQ'ed a silver hairpin during skilling up GS, as well as a leather bandanna +1 of all things. And once or twice making alchemy while skilling up, too.

out of about 400 levels of crafting i can remember a silver hairpin+1 being my first hq skill up, overall the rate is in the region of 0.05-0.1%
    for practical purposes being at cap or over is therefore 10x more likely to give hq, more if you face east ;D
    it's not worth considering the chances of getting an hq on skill up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oddly enough I HQed a Silver Hairpin when I was leveling goldsmithing ever so long ago. No support, one or two below cap. I wore it with pride on my WHM and BLM.

I also HQed rice dumplings and rice balls while skilling up on them without support gear on. But I think those items have a naturally high HQ rate.

I HQ'd a Jadagna +1 while 2 levels under the cap, no support, but did have Smithing gear on (89+2 for a 91 cap). I HQ'd Darksteel Cuisses twice while leveling off them (they were profit at the time, HQ was profit but hardly ever sold) -.-, at least some sucker bought them...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I went 3/40 ish on Chronos Tooth, level 100 bonecraft synth skilling up. Go me...