Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question on Tiers T0/2?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i had 5 HQ on elite beret while skilling up clothcraft, i was 1 under cap as my natural level, but i was using +3 items and +3 support. I leveled on them for 2 levels, but got all 5 HQ during the last level of skilling.

On my goldsmithing mule i've had unnatural luck with T0 HQs... including a plat. earring, many ingots and sheets, hairpins and rings. I think i've HQ'd something of every item i've skilled up with except for 3 items, and the mule is now lvl 65. All these HQs happened with support, however, and the support bringing the character over cap on the item. EXCEPT! The plat. earring i was still below the cap on the item, WITH support.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

while skilling up im pretty sure i HQd every major level stage item (unfortunetly a lot of it was leather stages). All the way until panther masks.... 10 levels of those and no HQ. I even made 50 afterword for the hell of it, no hq....

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Green Ribbon +1
    2x Corsair Hat +1
    Uncountable amounts of rainbow.

Banned.

BG Level

I got like 10 total hqs during skillups for leather 1-100, including a 2 feral masks at 90 and 2 panther mask+1 at 96 and 97(AFTER FUCKING TAU RELEASE WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

HQ during skillup that i remember:

Green Ribbon +1 - happened to HQ it as i hit the cap on the item which was a fitting end to that shitty stage of cloth

Arhat's Hakama +1 recently

countless threads/cloths

only 90 Cloth so far so we'll see what happens in the last stage

I just hq'd a Triton ring while skilling up on it.

93 cap, i'm 92.5+3. got a .1 skill up on it too.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've HQ'ed a few Tiger/panther masks lvling up, to bad the turbon has made them worthless

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Too bad the Turban looks so ugly. ~_~ I'd rather wear the tiger/panther mask if they had the same stats. >_>

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

None were signed however, so i got rid of them. It helped my costs a good bit though. Feral masks 300-500k Panther+1 800k-1M. I havent made any recently, its probably even lower now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm wondering why people use support/gear when they are skilling up on an item that has a worthless HQ(when close to cap).

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    I'm wondering why people use support/gear when they are skilling up on an item that has a worthless HQ(when close to cap).
    I use gear on my skill ups cause they cost 1 mil each(depending on synth), and i'd rather have every bit of luck in my favor not to break. If it's a relatively cheap synth to make, then i forego the gear unless i'm more than 2 away.

Generally i try to keep myself either 2 under if it's a cheap skill up, or at least even with cap if it's very expensive.