View Poll Results: What handedness are you?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left handed

32 19.05%
  • Right handed

120 71.43%
  • Ambidextrous

16 9.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Left or Right handed?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What is normal ratio of left vs right? Last time I heard anything, it was something like 10:1 (4:1 so far here)

Yea pretty sure it is 10%.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Can conclude out of this topic that left handed people like to post, and right handed people are lurker
    lol qft, right handed people are emo.
    lol I can actually only snap my fingers with my right, who knows.
    Us southpaws own, we are the better pitchers .
    Left handed people believe they are unique snowflakes that need to be appreciated.

Us rightys are just normal people that know no one else truly gives a fuck how we pick up a beer.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol, 49 votes for right handed, not even half of them posted, it must be a [fact]!

< Ambidextrous

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Left, and it's strange because only one other person in my family is: my GREAT Aunt.

I really like being left handed, except in classes where the desks are close together because I always hit people with my elbow, same for restaurants.

But, I really love it. Plus I have nice handwriting which isn't too common for lefties!

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I really like being left handed, except in classes where the desks are close together because I always hit people with my elbow, same for restaurants.
    omfg I know, I always make sure I sit on the left of people at restaurants so I don't hit people.
    I suppose that just makes us more unique snowflakes right Raineer? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    i can only snap my fingers on my left hand >.> right one is fucked
    lol Me, too. My friends called me handicapped for not being able to snap with my right hand.
    I'm a closet lefty, and I write ugly with both hands anyway. >=x

80ish % of the world is right handed, the rest are left handed except for like >2% of "true" ambidextrous people. "True" meaning can write exactly the same with both hands at the same time.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Can conclude out of this topic that left handed people like to post, and right handed people are lurker
    lol qft, right handed people are emo.
    lol I can actually only snap my fingers with my right, who knows.
    Us southpaws own, we are the better pitchers .
    Left handed people believe they are unique snowflakes that need to be appreciated.

Us rightys are just normal people that know no one else truly gives a fuck how we pick up a beer.
    qtf

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Lefty also. Only I am *almost* ambidextrous. I write with my left, use scissors with my left, pick up drinking cups with my left, but almost everything else I do with my right hand. Swing a bat, use a tennis raquet, shoot a gun, golf, all with my right hand. When it comes to punching, I can take either stance: right handed or southpaw. Very, very strange.

Oh ya, and left handed people are the only ones in their right minds. 8)

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm cackhanded.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah its really fucking rare you find someone who is truely ambidextrous. Most are just lefties who learned how to use shit right handed or vise versa. They don't use both hands with a completely equal level of aptitude when they are like that. My brother though is really ambidextrous and it is freakish to be honest.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

<- lefty, mom is left-handed too

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    omfg I know, I always make sure I sit on the left of people at restaurants so I don't hit people.
    I suppose that just makes us more unique snowflakes right Raineer? lol
    I always have to make sure my bf sits on my right so we don't bump elbows :/ (he's right-handed)

Jujubie

Lefty. Only one in my family. Then again, I have all the recessive genes, red hair, green eyes. pfft.

I throw a ball and bowl and use scissors with my right hand. Yea, I hated those "lefty" scissors in school.

Question, don't you hate it when you go to a store and use your credit card/debit card and the pen to sign the machine or your slip is chained in on the right side ..... it never wants to reach. How annoying. Put the damn thing in the middle ok!

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Left

Edit: Although, I use scissors with my right hand, probably because they only made right handed scissors when I was in elementary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujubie
    Question, don't you hate it when you go to a store and use your credit card/debit card and the pen to sign the machine or your slip is chained in on the right side ..... it never wants to reach. How annoying. Put the damn thing in the middle ok!
    That makes me want to rip the pen off the chain and stab it in somebodies eye when that happens. Stupid chains.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    80ish % of the world is right handed, the rest are left handed except for like >2% of "true" ambidextrous people. "True" meaning can write exactly the same with both hands at the same time.
    Yeah, but people like to pretend they are better than everyone, hence why we get 20% ambidextrous.

Right Handed

Can only do stuff with my left hand if im drunk for some odd reason.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

< Lefty

Think my father was left handed too but got "corrected" so much at boarding school as a kid that he only uses his right hand now. What was the deal with all that bs back then anyway?

It had to do with something with the bible I think...

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Cultural stigmatisation

Until the latter part of the twentieth century, Roman Catholic nuns in American elementary schools (and possibly elsewhere, for example Dutch and German primary schools) would punish children for using their left hand to write, typically by slapping their left hand with a ruler if they attempted to pick up a pen with it. As late as the early 20th century, school teachers in the Netherlands would force right-handed writing (thus, ambidexterity) on left-handed writing children. An example of such treatment involves baseball players Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth, who both hit and threw left-handed and wrote right-handed after enduring left-handed suppression during their formative years.

Left-handedness was often interpreted as a sign of Satanic influence, and thus prohibited. Many examples can be found in the Christian-Greek scriptures in which the wicked or evil sit at the left hand of God, while the righteous sit at the right hand of God, during Judgement. The Inuit also believed that every left-handed person was a sorcerer.