+ Reply to Thread
    A. Body
    BG Level

New Level5 RPG.... but more importantly

http://www.jp.playstation.com/movie/tgs ... knight.asx

it's FF13 battle system preview! you pre-set commands to execute in battle which shows cinematically during the fight, but you will also have the option to manuelly execute individual commands during the battle itself

pretty sweet :D

Best Signature EVER!

EDIT - that videos wicked too

I was actually just watching this trailer just before I saw this thread lol. And yea it looks pretty cool.

@the sig: I wish they taught me how to curse in other languages

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You should listen to the accompanying CD in that sig.

http://maritan.ytmnd.com/

You might actually pick up some japanese viewing that.

edit: that's nsfw (mostly the audio)

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    You should listen to the accompanying CD in that sig.

http://maritan.ytmnd.com/

You might actually pick up some japanese viewing that.
    ROFL I've never seen that, that was amazing

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Haha! Wonder if Arlee from Full Metal Jacket has seen that...

White Knight is gonna be awesome

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Stop showing me cool looking stuff for PS3 i don't want one!

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    Stop showing me cool looking stuff for PS3 i don't want one!
    i hate to say it, even thought i do want a wii because of the price and overall fun it looks like to play... only 2 games so far, well i guess 3 games make me want to buy it; zelda mario and being able to play old games... The ps3 so far has at least 5 things i really want for it. I looked over the Wii launch list and only saw one thing, zelda... since mario wont be there at launch ; ;

Even down the road, only 3rd party things look like fun, the same 3rd party things that will be on ps3. Down the road ps3 looks more promising. Fucking 600$ price tag.

A. Body
    BG Level

all you have to do is go stand in line overnight for a couple, ebay them, and you got yourself a free ps3, all the launch games and then some

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Judging by how much it was costing to get a hold of a 360 (900$+) i'm thinking ps3 is gonna be insanely high priced on ebay and whatnot. 400k units make it even more likely. I'm half tempted to stand in lines to get ps3's and ebay them so i can pay off my car and credit cards.

god I hate windows media player.. any other place I can view this? hehe..

anyways, from what I COULD see.. I really hope it's not the kinda travelling it seems (world map) just point and click to location.. that's ghey.. GHEY!!!!

God does this game look any cooler? <_<;

Old Merits
    BG Level

This game is made by Level5, which I believe made the DarkCloud games and works for Sony only. The gameplay looks almost exactly like the FF12 battle system lol (not FF13 like the OP wrote). Very scripted sequence like everything we see these days (Lost Odyssey looked scripted as well). The graphics jump from PS2 to PS3 is nowhere as huge as the previous PS1 to PS2 graphical leap. Really not that impressed with the game at all. Windows Media Player sucks, the video is really choppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    This game is made by Level5, which I believe made the DarkCloud games and works for Sony only. The gameplay looks almost exactly like the FF12 battle system lol (not FF13 like the OP wrote). Very scripted sequence like everything we see these days (Lost Odyssey looked scripted as well). The graphics jump from PS2 to PS3 is nowhere as huge as the previous PS1 to PS2 graphical leap. Really not that impressed with the game at all. Windows Media Player sucks, the video is really choppy.
    having played and completed JP FF12 i will have to completely disagree with you on that.

FF12 battle system is more like FF11. Having seen the FF13 trailer, you see the same interface in the short sequence where you can see it, which is very similair to this game's interface.

video wasn't choppy for me

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Wasn't choppy for me either.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I was referring to the setting up the AI for the characters and how it is real time. The way the interface as far as menu layout of course is different, that of course has nothing to do with the actual battle system. The FF13 trailer I watched looked like it was totally scripted with just a interface for a battle system put on top. Looked cool, but a little hectic. This game didn't impress me graphically like the FF13 video did. Real time RPGs seem to be either fun or too simplistic in the strategy involved. I like to micro-manage in RPGs.