+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Job Changes.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Future Job Changes.

I thought I'd start a new topic for this. As i know the discusssion will take up most of the other thread, and I dont think Kuno want's that. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Valikyule
    Since I dont see any full translation and this is my first time to post, I've translated the interview. Hope it helps

■How to weaken Absolute VIrtue

If you defeat as much monsters (Ru'phuabo Qn'xzomit Qn'hpemde) as you can summoned by Jalier of Love, his regen will be reduced by half. Furthermore using elemental magic and skillchains based on certain vana day will remove the remaining regen.

■Warrior
    【Job's Strength】
    Master of weapons and able to use a large variety of WS
    We will adjust weapon limitations imposed by subjobs and types of weapons limited to warrior.

■Monk
    【Job's Strength】
    Highly dextrous H2H fighter with high HP

We'd like to adjust monks to be able to adjust their moves based on various situations.

■WHM
    【Job's Strength】
    An expert in white magery, excels in healing and support.

We will furthermore enhance whm's advantage as the main job and enhance its support ability to the party.

■Blm
    【Job's Strength】
    A black magic expert that excels in dealing elemental magic damage.

Adjusting blm so that by partying with other jobs, blm will stand out more.

■RDM
    【Job's Strength】
    Enfeebling Magic expert

We'd like to emphasize the pleasure of utilizing rdm's flexibility to deal with various battle situations.

■THF
    【Job's Strength】
    Attacker that deploys crafty attacks such as Sneak Attack and Trick Attack.

Adjusting thf so that they can improve the entire party's strength.

■PLD
    【Job's Strength】
    The party's shield with high defence.

We'd like to improve PLD's ability to fight battles in succession.

■DRK
    【Job's Strength】
    Attacker with key points in high attack and abs magic

Improving drk's strength when wielding scythe.

■BST
    【Job's Strength】
    Expert in taming and controlling various monsters.

No change to its solo ability
    We'd like to improve its potential as a party member.

■RNG
    【Job's Strength】
    Attacker capable of dealing massive damage via ranged attack

Distance modifier on R.accuracy and attack will be adjusted
    ※Stay tuned for the update!
    ※※※※※

■BRD
    【Job's Strength】
    Job that truly shines in a party. MMO's ultimate support job

We'd like to pursue the pleasure of using a variety of songs based on situations.

■SAM
    【Job's Strength】
    Attacker that utilizes TP and WS.

Will revise Overwhelm for more damage bonus and provide a similar ability for lower levels. We're considering in providing new job abilities for level 25 and 35. The keyword is 2-Handed weapons, being able to select Offensive and Defensive. Furthermore if it is possible to pick 「SAM」 as a Subjob.........

■NIN
    【Job's Strength】
    A job class with dual role of tank and attacker that utilizes Dual Wield and Ninjustu.

Instead of enhancing the job, we're planning to expand its role in party.

■DRG
    【Job's Strength】
    Attacker that utilizes various jump and attacks with wyvern

Adjusting Super Jump's recast into 3 minutes.
    Empathy will allow drg to share stoneskin with wyvern.
    Spirit surge (2HR) will clear all Jump Recast back to 0

■SMN
    【Job's Strength】
    Job that uses mp to summon avators and fight with it

Changes made based on summoning skill
    We will divide Blood pacts into two category: Damage Blood Pact and Healing/Buff Blood Pact. Blood Pact will affect summoning skill ups.

■BLU, COR, PUP
    There are still many factors to add and adjust. Please wait till X'mas.

■Goblin Drink Recipe, Hint part2
    Frost Turnip and Wild Onion

=================================
    No one talked about BLM yet. I love BLM but it's totaly a lost cause in EXP PT. I don't want to debate if its good or not in this or that PT. Fact is no one will inv you unless it's for manaburn.
    I'd just like a MUCH bigger puddings camp. A whole zone would be nice. >.> Or more exp spots in other areas like that. I dont see how they are going to make it "work" in a TP burn PT.
    One thing i thought would be cool that they were going to give us in the last update would be teir 2 elemental enfeebles. Frost and Drown 2 would basicaly be the same a Madrigal and Minuett. So effectivly you could turn a BLM in to a kind of BRD. Which actulay might make it more apealing to TP burn PT. >.>

Banned.

BG Level

If you improve SCs, you improve BLM.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I laughed at the fact that noone suggested the way you kill JoL in was the way to weaken AV. Now! How about that WAR nerf? Gaxe onry WAR/NINs anyone?

Re: Future Job Changes.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    I thought I'd start a new topic for this. As i know the discusssion will take up most of the other thread, and I dont think Kuno want's that. >.>

No one talked about BLM yet. I love BLM but it's totaly a lost cause in EXP PT. I don't want to debate if its good or not in this or that PT. Fact is no one will inv you unless it's for manaburn.
    I'd just like a MUCH bigger puddings camp. A whole zone would be nice. >.> Or more exp spots in other areas like that. I dont see how they are going to make it "work" in a TP burn PT.
    One thing i thought would be cool that they were going to give us in the last update would be teir 2 elemental enfeebles. Frost and Drown 2 would basicaly be the same a Madrigal and Minuett. So effectivly you could turn a BLM in to a kind of BRD. Which actulay might make it more apealing to TP burn PT. >.>
    The problem is people's TP burn or nothing mindset. Even if another way is made better, I doubt people will figure it out.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    I laughed at the fact that noone suggested the way you kill JoL in was the way to weaken AV. Now! How about that WAR nerf? Gaxe onry WAR/NINs anyone?
    Read again, there is no WAR nerf mentioned.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    ding

everyone is all "eww blm" because SC+MB is worse damage overall than spam WS spam WS spam WS.

BLM should do subpar dot without a MB, like they do now. If MB Thundaga III did like 2000-3000 damage to an EXP mob (Adjusted for HNMs of course) then people would invite them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where did you find this o.0

OMG ranger buff (I don't beleive it)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    ding

everyone is all "eww blm" because SC+MB is worse damage overall than spam WS spam WS spam WS.

BLM should do subpar dot without a MB, like they do now. If MB Thundaga III did like 2000-3000 damage to an EXP mob (Adjusted for HNMs of course) then people would invite them.

Trying to set your skillchain is going to result in wasting time and possibly losing your xp chain. Beside, 3k dmg on xp mobs after a skillchain is going to result in a huge waste of dmg. I dont see it being useful anywhere in xp end game

ding

No. It wouldn't make any difference, since exp mobs don't have that high HP and SCs already would make that way overkill. The only way it could work is if either mob Hp was raised or Melee was nerfed.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras

Its a translation of the interview with Destiny. See other currently 15 page thread.

I pointed the translator to the website and asked for a translation. Valikyule is a native speaker of Japanese and fluent in English. We went to college together so I can vouch for the japanese skill.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    ding

No. It wouldn't make any difference, since exp mobs don't have that high HP and SCs already would make that way overkill. The only way it could work is if either mob Hp was raised or Melee was nerfed.
    Or make monsters strong against 'normal damage' and take triple to four times more damage with SCs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

One of the things that really anoyed me when I got BLM to 75, like 2 years ago, when you could actualy do "normal" PTs. Is that there were no (or very few) IT mobs, that you need to whack away at, get TP, SC, MB, dead, repeat -- becasue everything expable bacialy becomes VT at that level.
    By the time you get enough TP to do a SC the mob is so dead that you are MBing on the last like 2-3% of its HP... making the MB totaly pointless.

What would be nice, (yes I know they added a few places like this) would be spots that you can melee, build TP, SC, and need a MB that will actualy take off a fat chunk of remaining HP to kill it. As this is going to take a bit of time to setup and organise (in comparison to TP brun) the mob should give very good exp, 300+.

This would help BLMs out alot. So far any of the places that they did add, are not going to compete in the above way surgested with TP burn EXP.

ding

Or make monsters strong against 'normal damage' and take triple to four times more damage with SCs.
    Then people just wouldnt exp on the new mobs much.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

hi2u 1 thread below, page 10.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One of the things that really anoyed me when I got BLM to 75, like 2 years ago, when you could actualy do "normal" PTs. Is that there were no (or very few) IT mobs, that you need to whack away at, get TP, SC, MB, dead, repeat -- becasue everything expable bacialy becomes VT at that level.
    By the time you get enough TP to do a SC the mob is so dead that you are MBing on the last like 2-3% of its HP... making the MB totaly pointless.

What would be nice, (yes I know they added a few places like this) would be spots that you can melee, build TP, SC, and need a MB that will actualy take off a fat chunk of remaining HP to kill it. As this is going to take a bit of time to setup and organise (in comparison to TP brun) the mob should give very good exp, 300+.

This would help BLMs out alot. So far any of the places that they did add, are not going to compete in the above way surgested with TP burn EXP.
    Qutrub

Edit: Oh sorry didn't read that

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Qutrub
    the problem with those is they are still not comprable to the exp/hr of TP burn. And so getting any melee to perform said SC for your MB and kill is not gona happen.
    << Hi NIN, WAR, (insert other melee here), PT on Qutrub?
    >> Get fucked.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

ding

OMG THEN WHERE WOULD WE GO?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    OMG THEN WHERE WOULD WE GO?
    back to sky! or KRT >.>

[quote=Koyangi]
    Quote Originally Posted by "BRP":788c7
    ding

OMG THEN WHERE WOULD WE GO?[/quote:788c7]
    My point exactly. Net gain for BLM exp pts? 0. Thanks for playing guys, try again.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    i love how some people's reading skill is so pathetic, i think you should focus more on school instead of ffxi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast