Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dynamis - Beaucedine Question

Sorry if this sounds like a Zam question, but afaik there are two relatively untouched aspects of Dynamis - Beaucedine.

1) The 4 "large" statues, one for each type of Beastman.
    Dynamis Effigy (Quadav)
    Dynamis Statue (Goblin)
    Dynamis Icon (Yagudo)
    Dynamis Tombstone (Orc)

2) The 4 dragons spawned by the Mega Boss.
    Fire Pukis
    Wind Pukis
    Petro Pukis
    Poison Pukis

Until I decided to start doing it with my own Dynamis shell, I've never heard of anyone even attempting to kill the large statues mentioned in #1. I've also never heard of anyone attempting to do anything about the dragons other than kite them really far away.

Is it possible they are connected somehow? Example:

Wind Pukis <-> Dynamis Icon (Yagudo).
    Poison Pukis <-> Dynamis Statue (Goblin).
    Petro Pukis <-> Dynamis Effigy (Quadav).
    Fire Pukis <-> Dynamis Tombstone (Orc).

Reasoning:
    Yagudo BST pets use Silencega, which is Wind Based.
    Goblin BST pets use water based AoEs and Poisonga
    Quadav BST pets use Breakga, aka Petro
    Orc BST pets use Fire based -ga spells.

And by connected, I mean like maybe if you kill the Statue + all NMs that pop, the corresponding dragon won't pop for the Mega Boss. I know this is a stretch lol, but I'm going out on a limb here. I can't help but think there is some reason those statues exist other than looking cool and scary. They actually aren't too hard to kill, all of them can be pulled completely link free provided you clear enough of the surrounding statues (which can also easily be pulled link free in all cases). We cleared the entire Goblin, Orc, and Quadav statues + all NMs with only 28 people last night.

Anyway banish me to zam if you need to, but make sure you've fought those statues before you do

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Whats the point? Getting the win is easy just kite the dragons to the zone..

From what I heard, each statue relates to a Pukis, so that if you kill a certain statue, it prevents a Pukis from RE-spawning after killed once. Not sure which statue relates to which Pukis though.

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Whats the point? Getting the win is easy just kite the dragons to the zone..
    The point would be
    a) because it's fun to figure out mysteries
    b) because the combined number of mobs that pop from those statues is quite large, and increases the amount of farming that you can do.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the statues are linked to the dragons, killing the statues make it so that the dragons don't repop (i'm not sure which goes with which, your list is probably right).

but since killing Angra while kiting them is easier there's no point to kill the statues > kill the dragons > kill Angra.

if it's not clear, the dragons will always pop with Angra even if you kill any of the statues first.

Sure, but with a large enough group you could in theory kill the statues anyway, while your'e just on the way to Mega Boss. I took down 3 of them easily with 28 people, with 50+ it should be a breeze, with more than enough time to spare. Then, you could just kill the dragons, since supposedly they have ridiculously low HP. It would be interesting to see what, if anything the dragons drop. Maybe they have a high drop rate on 100s, for example. I'm not sure if the dragons are always up, or if they pop after you do something to the NM, but if they're always up, you could take them out easily with a bunch of -Ga spells. If nothing else it would a) increase the total amount of farmable mobs in the zone, and b) add some spice and variety to a tired tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    I'm not sure if the dragons are always up, or if they pop after you do something to the NM
    They pop at 4 points around Angra when you aggro it, with aggro on the person who aggro'ed Angra.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Sure, but with a large enough group you could in theory kill the statues anyway, while your'e just on the way to Mega Boss. I took down 3 of them easily with 28 people, with 50+ it should be a breeze, with more than enough time to spare. Then, you could just kill the dragons, since supposedly they have ridiculously low HP. It would be interesting to see what, if anything the dragons drop. Maybe they have a high drop rate on 100s, for example. I'm not sure if the dragons are always up, or if they pop after you do something to the NM, but if they're always up, you could take them out easily with a bunch of -Ga spells. If nothing else it would a) increase the total amount of farmable mobs in the zone, and b) add some spice and variety to a tired tactic.
    if we're on a clearing run, we do it backwards. kill Angra, kill the Dragons, than farm the statues, when we do it this way, it doesn't matter when you time out.

if you're going to do it the intended way, you might not have time to kill Angra because you spent too much time killing the statues and dragons first.

the Dragons have never dropped a single item from what i remember.

Old Merits
    BG Level

We killed the dragons a couple times after the boss hoping they'd drop something but never got anything.

We tried to kill the Pukis without sac-ing the first time we ever did glacier (about 25-30 people), and well, it was pretty similar to the scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail where the knights charge the rabbit.

Their HP isn't *that* low, and 4 at the same time spamming their breath attacks can be difficult to manage, especially if you get cursed and then poisoned (it's really high poison, can't remember the exact number but over 25hp/tick IIRC).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We never bothered killing them, and I assumed since we didn't kill them, they were not worth killing. I.E. Not dropping anything.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

We've killed the dragons multiple times after angra.. the best way really is to space them out, and then gang beat the crap outta them when they come down the ramp.

Have your mages who like breathing be off to the sides.. so thier breath attacks dont kill everyone there.

As for the big statues.. as stated by a bunch of the other posters, killing them locks the dragons from respawning if you kill them before you kill Angra. If you have alot of people, this is easy to do, if you have a few.. I guess you could sac pull them fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke
    We've killed the dragons multiple times after angra.. the best way really is to space them out, and then gang beat the crap outta them when they come down the ramp.

Have your mages who like breathing be off to the sides.. so thier breath attacks dont kill everyone there.

As for the big statues.. as stated by a bunch of the other posters, killing them locks the dragons from respawning if you kill them before you kill Angra. If you have alot of people, this is easy to do, if you have a few.. I guess you could sac pull them fairly easily.
    There's no need to even sack. It's fairly easy to kill all the surrounding statues without linking anything. Once you've killed all the surrounding statues, the Big one only pops 4 NMs, which are easily manageable. We even killed all 4 Orc NMs with only 2 deaths, 24 people in the zone.

I can semi-confirm this info. Except I think Poison Pukis <> Quadav statue.
    He does summon the dragon regardless, but does not resummon the pet after it dies if the related statue has been killed. You don't have to kill the associated nms, just the statue, which means you can sac pull it easily if you want.

In my dynamis LS, we clear by holding angra and killing the 4 dragons, then killing angra.

We've never got something from the dragons.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I can semi-confirm this info. Except I think Poison Pukis <> Quadav statue.
    Yeah Quads are water based. Posion is water based.

Goblins in this game seem to take on whatever element (lose term) SE decides at whim or whatever is convient at the time.

Majority if not all Gobs do drop fire crystals though.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Didn't see this topic till now, but the only way my LS has cleared Beaucedine is by holding angra down and killing the dragons.

Quadav Statue > Poison Pukis
    Goblin Statue > Petro Pukis
    Yagudo Statue > Wind Pukis
    Orc Statue > Fire Pukis

The way the boss fight is designed is as if it was intentional to kill those. Holding angra , he wont use any TP moves from 100>90%, or anything, he'll just debuff, no warps no nothing.

Anytime angra teleports , a dragon is resummoned (unless you kill the stone), that's their main link.

Btw what you said is right, most of the time a nice peiceo f AF comes from a surrounding statue, killing these open farming potential, we dont even go for clearing angra anymore but still kill these because of the amount of mobs that come from them.

In easiest to hardest would be Quadav|Goblin > Orc > Yagudo. The Yagudo is a nightmare, You've gotta try and pick off mobs from all around it and run akwardly around it to try and not link anything. Recently I've just resorted to sending everyone to kill quads , then saccing it, then coming back for the mobs later when we come back to farm.

I always had the feeling Glacier was deisgned to be pretty hard initially, with killing the statues almost required (a big step-up from the cities), but the way you can sac pull it kinda kills its difficulty.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

There's no need to even sack. It's fairly easy to kill all the surrounding statues without linking anything. Once you've killed all the surrounding statues, the Big one only pops 4 NMs, which are easily manageable. We even killed all 4 Orc NMs with only 2 deaths, 24 people in the zone.
    Yeah.. I don't disagree.. however a LARGE percentage of Dynamis ls's out there dont have the skill or experience to pull that off. But, yes after you've been going for a while, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke

Yeah.. I don't disagree.. however a LARGE percentage of Dynamis ls's out there dont have the skill or experience to pull that off. But, yes after you've been going for a while, this wouldn't be an issue at all.
    A large amount of dynamis is due to experience/research of the puller, when pulling a new statue it's very hard to be sure of what will pop, it varies a lot with spacing of mobs and amount of mobs.

In order of pull difficulty I rank it:

(Hardest Pull) Yag > Quad > Goblin > Orc (Easiest Pull)

In order of popped NM difficulty I rank it:

(Hardest Fight) Orc > Yag > Quad > Goblin (Easiest Fight)