+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Is this real or fake info about the Remnants?

Well I was looking around at various sites since I was bored and saw something on my ls's forums talking about the Remnants. It's actually a bit detailed but I found it odd that SE would put out something about this if they weren't planning on adding this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayOnline may or may not have
    Remnants of a Dream?
    Strange and exciting things are occuring in the far lands of Aht Urghan! The alchemists have found a way to activate the strange portals within the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. Within these portals lay a dark land of unknown origin. The Empire has demanded that Naja Saleheem gather together her best mercenaries to explore these Remnants and find out if they are a threat. But the alchemists' means of opening the portals have affected those who pass through them....are you up to the challenge?

A new Treasures of Aht Urhgan region known as “Remnants” is now available for exploration.
    There are four areas within the region that can be accessed after meeting certain requirements. These areas have no relation to the sanction results.

Remnants
    The Remnants are divided into four different areas. Each area can be entered by a party/alliance (maximum of 18 people) and occupied exclusively for a pre-determined length of time. Players can remain in the area initally for 15 minutes and will begin in a unique weakened state. However, players can extend the time allowed in the area and recover their health and abilities by fulfilling certain conditions.

Entering the Remnants
    The following requirements must be met before Remnants can be accessed:
    Ability to travel to Alzadaal Undersea Ruins
    Be in possession of five specific key items
    Three days have passed since your last foray into Remnants or Limbus

Obtaining the Key Items
    One of the key items necessary for entering Remnants can be obtained after fulfilling the conditions set by a certain NPC. The second key item is obtainable by defeating a certain monster within Beseiged. The third key item is obtained from completing certain Assault missions. The fourth key item comes from President Saleheem once you obtain a certain rank. There is no fifth key item. We are looking into the issue and appologize for the inconvenience.

There are several different types of key items, with each item corresponding to a specific area. These key items will be lost upon entering Remnants, but can be reacquired after a set period of time has passed.
    This looks like a very detailed joke but I'm not sure where it came from. Has anyone else seen this yet?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Is this real or fake info about the Remnants?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayOnline may or may not have
    Obtaining the Key Items
    One of the key items necessary for entering Remnants can be obtained after fulfilling the conditions set by a certain NPC. The second key item is obtainable by defeating a certain monster within Beseiged. The third key item is obtained from completing certain Assault missions. The fourth key item comes from President Saleheem once you obtain a certain rank. There is no fifth key item. We are looking into the issue and appologize for the inconvenience.
    lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seemed kinda believeable until the obtaining the key items part.

Although the way to obtain them sounds like something SE would do...they'd never actually TELL you how to get them. XD

A. Body
    BG Level

It was almost believable until the last bit.
    I really hope the area isn't just a Limbus repeat, I'm hoping for something original.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Yeah that was one of the biggest parts of the article that made me scratch my head. The other thing that was bothering me was the statement that the Limbus timer was connected to the Remnants timer even though there doesn't seem to be any obvious connection.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, its fake.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Three days have passed since your last foray into Remnants or Limbus
    Joke or not, this line made me die a little. I know SE will pull something, and it makes me sad.

Demosthenes11

I bet you the new limbus/dynamis will just be a place to get pup/cor/blu AF2 =\

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    They wouldn't do that, unless they want to design the dungeons for an alliance of 18 PUP/COR/BLUs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    They wouldn't do that, unless they want to design the dungeons for an alliance of 18 PUP/COR/BLUs.
    Throw in some some nice sidegrade items, with rare chances of af2 dropping of the 3 new jobs.

A. Body
    BG Level

Minus the PUPs, that could actually work. :x

Ridill
    BG Level

seems pretty obvious to me that the dynamis part will work just like CoP dynamis, cept it'll have new jobs too... and who knows what else

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

They wouldn't do that? come on... this is SE we are talking about

Good idea

Yeah right

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    seems pretty obvious to me that the dynamis part will work just like CoP dynamis, cept it'll have new jobs too... and who knows what else
    Meaning every 3 days, you have a choice between 14 dynamises. San, Win, Bas, Jeu, Bcd, Xar, Bub, Val, Quf, Tav, Bha, Waj, Zha, Cae.

Just guessing on the abbreviations of the last four.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Meaning every 3 days, you have a choice between 14 dynamises. San, Win, Bas, Jeu, Bcd, Xar, Bub, Val, Quf, Tav, Bha, Waj, Zha, Cae.

Just guessing on the abbreviations of the last four.
    a dynamis is the mire against undead and lamia /shudder

I don't see how they could add new dynamis zones with new jobs' AF2 exclusive to those zones without creating a long-term imbalance in the drops. If they have an equal chance of dropping, but only drop from the 4 new areas, then the new jobs get screwed in the long term because they have a 4/14 chance of even going to a zone that drops them. If they have a greater chance of dropping, but drop exclusively in the new zones, then eventually the pre-ToAU jobs get screwed because a third of the time they're forced to go to those zones where their AF has a lower chance of dropping.

If they add AF2 for the new jobs in the previous 10 zones, then they may as well just add them there anyway and do something completely different with the new areas. My guess would be for 'none of the above'--that they'll probably add a similar but different way of obtaining relic armor for the new jobs, much like they did for AF and Maat fights. But for what it's worth, if they did make zones that only dropped one of the new job's AF2 I doubt it'd be that hard to get people to do it. I know some people from my Dynamis LS who would probably love to hit up Dynamis-Summoner, Dynamis-Red Mage, Dynamis-Black Mage and Dynamis-Paladin if it was available.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    I don't see how they could add new dynamis zones with new jobs' AF2 exclusive to those zones without creating a long-term imbalance in the drops. If they have an equal chance of dropping, but only drop from the 4 new areas, then the new jobs get screwed in the long term because they have a 4/14 chance of even going to a zone that drops them. If they have a greater chance of dropping, but drop exclusively in the new zones, then eventually the pre-ToAU jobs get screwed because a third of the time they're forced to go to those zones where their AF has a lower chance of dropping.

If they add AF2 for the new jobs in the previous 10 zones, then they may as well just add them there anyway and do something completely different with the new areas. My guess would be for 'none of the above'--that they'll probably add a similar but different way of obtaining relic armor for the new jobs, much like they did for AF and Maat fights. But for what it's worth, if they did make zones that only dropped one of the new job's AF2 I doubt it'd be that hard to get people to do it. I know some people from my Dynamis LS who would probably love to hit up Dynamis-Summoner, Dynamis-Red Mage, Dynamis-Black Mage and Dynamis-Paladin if it was available.
    They could start you off in the new dynamises with a disadvantage that you have to spend 10-15 min to overcome, then put in some special bosses and sub-bosses that you have to deal with to get the win. Then put all jobs AF2 there, droppable off mobs that have nothing to do with getting the win.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram

They could start you off in the new dynamises with a disadvantage that you have to spend 10-15 min to overcome, then put in some special bosses and sub-bosses that you have to deal with to get the win. Then put all jobs AF2 there, droppable off mobs that have nothing to do with getting the win.
    Hmm... Throw in a glitchy boss and shitty drop rate and I think you have a winner!

Seriously, go to hell CoP Dynamis.

That was awesome. I was actually convinced until I saw the Key Item part, lol.

Fortunately the Limbus timer should be separate forever, since it is determined by Cosmo-Cleanse. Adding a new area that requires Cosmo-Cleanse would be rediculously stupid, but you can never be too sure with SE.

However, this is alluding to some sort of new battle system. I think it would be really cool if the "Limbus" of ToAU was something similar. 18-man zones with reasonable restrictions (no Magic, no WS, no JA, Max HP / 10, MP = 0, etc) would make for an exciting change with new strategies. Throw in some Abjurations and we might have ourself a winner.