Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant Disconnects     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Constant Disconnects

This is a really annoying problem, lately, and ALL day today I have been timing out every 15-20 minutes out of FFXI. It gives me the red circle and I time out after a few seconds. I tried restarting my router and everything, doesnt work. My internet is still absolutely fine when this happens.....anyone had this problem before?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Me, my LS and a few others were seeing a lot of DCs at the same time yesterday.

A lot of people are saying they're having that problem right now.

It might be an issue with your ISP or the route your connection takes to the servers in Japan.

i.e. go scream at your ISP.

Blame it on the moon phase :wink:

Same thing happening to me, I thought it was my router but that doesn't seem to be the problem, as my PC remains connected fine and dandy while my ps2 continuously loses connection.

Have you seen POL Error Code 0007?

It's the one I get a lot recently, but have never seen before.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Begin the DOS Attacks from RMT's that were banned! GOGOGOGO

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

God I'm glad I'm at work right now and not having to put up with this shit.

I have this problem occasionaly, pretty sure it is because i have a splitter hooked up to my cable line and it decreases the signal in both lines after the splitter...I just unplug the the TV side cable if i start to r0 and it usually goes back to normal right away

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been having more problems in the last week with FFXI. Before then, I don't think I DC'd since coming back in TOAU. It was especially frusterating dc'ing ingame in Dynamis while I could still listen/speak on vent.

Same thing happens to me in dyna-xarc. I get in for up to 40 seconds and then it dcs me. Um it started happening a little while after I installed norton systemworks so maybe it's that, but I already set it to ignore everything ffxi does. At least I think I did.

Well I asked a tech guy on the POL site and he just told me to open some ports, which help anything. Now I cannot enter xarc and my ls has been doing DL every week so that is a bitch. Any help is appreciated.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I was R0ing constantly like every 10 secs last night at around 10pm EST.

I thought it was my buddy's infected computer that was causing the slow-down.

I'm relieved to hear that other ppl had lag issues last night.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I had this issue about 2 weeks ago. Would log in, and about 20 seconds in, would DC. I stopped trying to log in for about 2-3 hrs and everything was fine... maybe just something random I guess, cause I was to rad the forums fine yet not be able to stay connected to FF

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was happening to me the other day, I stopped browsing myspace, and it stopped.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have this problem too. And I don't notice being DC'd. I can still see linkshell chat and party chat just fine most of the time, and my S and R are obth at decent levels, and then I just get kicked off with the message "Time Out reported by server". Internet working just fine =/

Additionally, it takes abywhere from 1 min to infinity to connect to PlayOnline itself. Talking to other people in-game, almost everyone who have the problem are from Sweden with the same ISP. And we all DC almost simultaneously ~.~

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

FFXI is more dependant on consistent connection than just using the internet, so you may think your internet is fine, but you are just loading pages when the connection is fine.

You should try a sustained ping to google.com or something and watch it. See if the pings time out when FFXI R0s. If the sustained ping stays steady when FFXI is R0ing, you know it is an FFXI problem.

To do a sustained ping:

Go to Start, then Run and type CMD, press OK.

At the command prompt type:

ping google.com /t

You should see a stream of response times from google.com to your PC. The times should be failry consistent and below 100ms with a solid cable connection. What you should be looking for is "Request timed out". If you see a lot of these (really ANY, though 1 or 2 over several hours isn't terrible), you have a bad connection.