Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

With absolutely no relevance to the subject at hand, since I'm not even 100% sure what the subject is to begin with: Foustian, I love your avatar. It makes me smile.

I aim to please. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    yea youre totally correct, because i choose to accept the fact that there isnt anything i can do about anything anyone else does over the internet in a game that makes me a shitty player.

crying just makes you look retarded and annoying, calling people names does nothing when real punishments are non existant, and finally smearing a reputation only works when reputation has an actual value... over the internet its non existant as well.

maybe this would be a different story if this was back in the day at na pc release when i started and people valued rep, but as of today you have 2 options; bot to get a chance to fight, or shut up.

oh and believe me when i tell you, when you get as worked up about shit like this in a video game its time to move on with your life. its unhealthy and extremely unproductive. most of the people who are here crying are at a stage of their development when they should be forming bonds with people outside in real life (adolesence to young adult), not squandering every waking moment on 1 game.
    I hope you never marry or befriend an alcoholic, I can see it now.

"Go ahead, take a drink. You know you want to. It won't hurt. Everyone else is doing it. There's nothing you can do about your alcoholism. Sit back and relax, I'll make all of the excuses for you."

EDIT: I'd just like to add it's not the actual acting of pos hacking or botting or whatever the fuck it is these things do that bothers me. What bothers me is how people blatantly admit to cheating (it is cheating, is it not?) and expect sympathy from everyone, and then get defensive when people actually say something that is expected. That makes you fucking retards. Enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    lol, those devoid of all imperfections can ridicule others for not being 100% ethical
    What exactly do these two things have to do with each other? You can be 100% ethical and still be imperfect. It sounds like you're going for the "Let he who is without sin throw the first rock" argument, but it doesn't really work.

The people without sin would be those who haven't cheated, and if you wanna get really technical, who haven't profited from cheating. Now I've admitted I use windower, so I'm probably not qualified to judge others, but I can honestly say that nothing I have done with windower has affected anyone else. Maybe some POS users can say that, but as was mentioned in the banning thread, POS has a much greater potential for abuse than windower.

Just because this is a game, doesn't mean ethics are pointless. Just because people care about the quality of something that they pay to enjoy, doesn't mean they need a life. You say there's no punishments, although I consider losing something you've spent years of effort on a punishment, but the people that are truly ethical are those that do the right thing precisely when there is no punishment for doing the wrong thing.

[quote:d222f]oh and believe me when i tell you, when you get as worked up about shit like this in a video game its time to move on with your life. its unhealthy and extremely unproductive. most of the people who are here crying are at a stage of their development when they should be forming bonds with people outside in real life (adolesence to young adult), not squandering every waking moment on 1 game.
    You seem to have pretty strong emotions on the subject. Hell you're taking time out of your apparently busy social life to post repeatedly in these forums. But you're not crying so I guess that makes it ok.[/quote:d222f]

Best post in the thread

Look those that cheat seem to think they affect absolutly noone else, your argument is null the moment someone says "your pos fucks with my ability to have an equal amount of chance at the same nm" which I could probably quote 20 times just from this thread alone. So it does affect people (well not anymore HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA)

Please don't get on that RL kick. All the comments about blah your rl sucks blah take game to seriously blah adult years blah friends blah. I can honestly tell you of at least 15 (probably more but I dont know many new people) people on these boards who A. have their degree's and work in a job I would LOVE to have, B. Are working twds that goal, or C. have a pretty kick ass social life judging by their lj's. I see absolutly nothing wrong with wanting to get the most out of your 180.00+ / yr that we pay for fee's. So I vote for a ban on the next asshole who tries to pull the "I know you play the game too much" card.

To all the cheaters ... let me know when all that cheating stops affecting you, like as soon as you can log in.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

oh and believe me when i tell you, when you get as worked up about shit like this in a video game its time to move on with your life. its unhealthy and extremely unproductive. most of the people who are here crying are at a stage of their development when they should be forming bonds with people outside in real life (adolesence to young adult), not squandering every waking moment on 1 game.
    I suggest they just go get laid. I've never seen anything more pathetic than the 1000 posts of "yeah fuck you cheaters YEAH TAKE THAT"

lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

ugh, listen youre missing the point. if you have no way of administering a punishment then you leave people to their own ethical device. (i believe this is displayed best in the ring of gala)

youre given a ring that makes you totally invisible, what do you do with it?

now thats what ffxi is right now, and crying about it doesnt change anything at all. yea ethics is you ought to do the good because its good, but not many people have that quality in real life let alone in a game.

you mistake my reasoning with emotions, because i really couldn't care less one way or another about the game. i just felt like popping my head in and going "why do you care", now as for the irl part yea thats the only part that truely worries me.

oh and just because 15+ people who play have productive lives doesnt mean the rest of anyone in the game is normal by any means. when you treat a hobby like an obsession than its unhealthy. the people who tend to get worked up about the game are the ones who dont have a social life (or much of one) because this is all they have.

i mean look at you now, youre getting defensive over a post on a forum about ffxi. all i was trying to do was say what i saw, just for knowledge sake. im not trying to stop you from crying about the game although it may seem that way (i know its a futile effort). ban me if you like, i can find something else to do... but you cant take away that you didnt like what someone else said so you threw a temper tantrum and made it so they couldnt talk about it anymore. out of sight, out of mind.

as for the alcoholic comment, no what youre implying is that i encourage behaviour like this in real life. when in fact ive made the distint seperation of the 2. alcoholism has a real effect on your life, not playing video game (except the addiction to the game itself). huge difference.

youre given a ring that makes you totally invisible, what do you do with it?
    Yeah, but in this case they weren't given the "ring", they downloaded it out of their own free will because of their impatience and jealousy towards others, and then blab about it in front of everyone and expect no one to complain about it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

the people who tend to get worked up about the game are the ones who dont have a social life (or much of one) because this is all they have.
    I would contest that people with social lives would be more upset. I only get a certain amount of time to play, and that limited time is ruined by the people who cheat.

No I just find it odd and hypocritical that someone attacks this "your rl must suck because you get defensive about a game" To me making a decent income, raising 3 children, having a wife that would get me "laid" whenever I want, this is not just fun its an investment of my time and money. 18.00/mth for me is something I am investing into my entertainment and I really dont like people fucking with my money, which when a bot, hack takes away from my entertainment then it does get personel. Did I say your banned? Do I even have a colorful name like wafik, sonomaa, sept ect? Dont worry your secret is safe with me. Coming here and attacking a persons rl because of the emotion they display about the game (that these forums support) is like going to an abortion rights thread and calling everyone murderer's. You just wont get favorable reactions.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    the people who tend to get worked up about the game are the ones who dont have a social life (or much of one) because this is all they have.
    I would contest that people with social lives would be more upset. I only get a certain amount of time to play, and that limited time is ruined by the people who cheat.
    those who this game isnt their world, just move on and do something else. its the same few who continually complain.

EDIT:
    no you didnt say i was banned, you implied that becaue you didnt like what i was saying that i should be. seeing this game as an investment is horrible economics. besides the obvious RMT, youre paying 18 a month to pass this down to your next of kin? keeping the character in the family?

no this is a money sink, not investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Did I say your banned? Do I even have a colorful name like wafik, sonomaa, sept ect? Dont worry your secret is safe with me.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Did I say your banned? Do I even have a colorful name like wafik, sonomaa, sept ect? Dont worry your secret is safe with me.
    What?
    Not directed at you

What?
    Not directed at you
    Yeah but I'm nosey and wondering what you mean by this.

What?
    Not directed at you
    Yeah but I'm nosey and wondering what you mean by this.
    Its a secret PM me or gimme a call 911-492-1337

You can't have an area code of 911. :D

<3

Black Belt
    BG Level

seeing this game as an investment is horrible economics. besides the obvious RMT, youre paying 18 a month to pass this down to your next of kin? keeping the character in the family?

no this is a money sink, not investment.
    not every investment is financial. there are also investments of time and emotion. and that kind of investment is not any better or worse than someone who gardens, it's recreational.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

<3
    Hahaha, thats pretty good, ive never seen/thought about that.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

OMG SO TRICKY

What does the 492 represent then? I'm INTRIGUED!