Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Technically that's a profit synth tho, isn't it?

Not like my two Green Ribbon+1s, which were and still are just a waste of space, and more valuable as potential desynths. Keep them anyway, cause it took another 20 some levels for another skillup HQ...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yea, thats like the elemental beads i end up HQ'ing for woodworking friends, instead of HQing triumph earrings for myself (im only 94 GS so still tier0 for me)

I posted in the other thread. But i just tier0'd a Triton ring.

Absolute waste of 1 million gil.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya

i HQ like 3 of those when i was doing flame/snow rings stage, usually got back a o ingot, once i got back both o ingots, from desynth.
    wish SE would add a recipe for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik
    yea, thats like the elemental beads i end up HQ'ing for woodworking friends, instead of HQing triumph earrings for myself (im only 94 GS so still tier0 for me)
    94+6 would put you @ tier1 on Triumphs, Yes?

They Cap @ 85, so @ 90 you could have technically started making them with ease o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Fubalicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilik
    94+6 would put you @ tier1 on Triumphs, Yes?

They Cap @ 85, so @ 90 you could have technically started making them with ease o.0
    with ease? I'm about 0/17 on these since i've been tier1 on them, only hq i had was a tier0 i signed for my brother (he just wanted ruby for fire res setup for bahamut).

Cost to make is about 170-200k give or take. Even if you go 1/12 it's breaking even, triumph is 1.8-2m on my server right now. Unless you can get lucky as hell, it's a waste of time to even try.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

well im technically 93.9, i just keep telling myself im 94 so i dont start punching stuff. Ive done like 7 more lv72 ring synths, 6 koenig shields, 1 cursed schaller and i cant get that damn .1 to make me 94

edit: ding 94 >.> lol

I'd swear there's some relationship between number of components and HQ rate.

I see a metric fuckton of skillup-level HQ's being single-item synths (bandannas and hairpins are actually rather common ones) and I seem to get more HQ's off of "small" recipes like silk or wool cloth than recipes of the same skill level using more variety in materials.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ouch

just, ouch

I make a lot of gil off of those lvl 67 earrings. I pretty much go 1/8 fairly easy givin right day, time, and moon phase. First time I synthed a triump i went 3/6 on iceday like 40% lol. Anywho, PM me if you want best day/time/phse to HQ imo (it works great for me) on tier 1 stuff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fubalicious
    I make a lot of gil off of those lvl 67 earrings. I pretty much go 1/8 fairly easy givin right day, time, and moon phase. First time I synthed a triump i went 3/6 on iceday like 40% lol. Anywho, PM me if you want best day/time/phse to HQ imo (it works great for me) on tier 1 stuff.

Let us know when you go 0/40 on the same moon/day. It will happen.

Someone was trying to make Darksteel Gauntlets for Koenig hands. In Dragon's Aery. With 88 Smithing skill (tier 0). HQ'd 3 out of 5. I didn't even know what to say.

what i hate worse than tier0ing something useless.

Is not hqing a single fucking thing that i'm 71+ over.

Just made 9 fucking amber stones in a row, lvl 20 synth, i'm 95 w/o support. not a single hq gem.

Whenever I make an item for a friend to upgrade for GP or cursed items or whatever I inevitably get a 90% HQ rate. I hate it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

"Ding 5 Goldsmithing" Glad I'm not in that Linkshell =/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

what i hate worse than tier0ing something useless.

Is not hqing a single fucking thing that i'm 71+ over.

Just made 9 fucking amber stones in a row, lvl 20 synth, i'm 95 w/o support. not a single hq gem.
    same thing happens with me, i thought i was the only one with a shitty HQ rate on stones.

friend has goldsmithing lvl'd to 60 as a sub and went like 3/5 making diamonds. ive never done that well

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    given the fact that it was 3 a.m. and i was talking to myself i hardly see how it matters

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    given the fact that it was 3 a.m. and i was talking to myself i hardly see how it matters
    Someone said 'ding .1' for every level on cooking they did. Starting from lvl 0. Needless to say someone got the boot.

Talking to yourself hehe. :D The fact you can admit that makes me envy you, cause sometimes my LS is so dead I think I should talk to myself.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

HQing a behemoth leather or a hakutaku cluster. lol. it's jsut a piss off.