Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Am I missing something about this earing? It's crap who cares.

Resist charm so you can get pounded on by your alliance?

Easier Pallas solo?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

When resist anything works I will stop carrying my echo drops on BRD.. resist silence my ass.

Stack it with that Merrow's Locket thing lol. But yea resist things are usually awful.

Not all charm is AoE. Some (many in fact) are single target.

In addition, if you had the whole group of people equipped for Resist Charm, then AoE Charm would be less of a worry.

If you are fighting something that requires an alliance to take down, then specific equipment setups are a perfectly reasonable requirement.

And yes, the idea is to stack it with Merrow No.17's Locket (info at http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Merrow_No.17's_Locket because PHBB doesn't like apostrophes in URLs) and the Unyielding Ring.

Providing a majority of people will resist an area charm, you can sleepga the unlucky, and carry on with the survivors.

Anyway, this isn't a debate about the effectiveness or otherwise of Resist Charm, it's a question of where you get this item from. You don't know how effective it is because nobody has it to test.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Dynamis mob in Sandy/Beaucedine, it can charm. You're on WHM. Do you (A) Run out of range and continue to heal, or (B) Throw Stoneskin/Blink up and run in close?

Personally, I run in close. If charmga goes off, the fact that I'll have 30+ people trying to kill me for healing them really doesn't make sense. All resist charm will do is uncharm you faster, in otherwords, you'll be charmed and running in a pack of people when you become uncharmed first and inrange of the 30+ weapons. My advice, no resist charm, it will more likely get you killed over anything else.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wherent they killed by some team that was supposed to be doing Ballista? I remember seeing an SS of Vilma dropping that ring its supposed to drop 100%. Same with Leshy.
    Only vilma pretty sure the person got caught while running towards lufaise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Dynamis mob in Sandy/Beaucedine, it can charm. You're on WHM. Do you (A) Run out of range and continue to heal, or (B) Throw Stoneskin/Blink up and run in close?

Personally, I run in close. If charmga goes off, the fact that I'll have 30+ people trying to kill me for healing them really doesn't make sense. All resist charm will do is uncharm you faster, in otherwords, you'll be charmed and running in a pack of people when you become uncharmed first and inrange of the 30+ weapons. My advice, no resist charm, it will more likely get you killed over anything else.
    This person has a good point. That brings our total score to:

Aodh: 1
    Everyone else: 0

Although in terms of irrelevance, he's completely outnumbered. I stand behind my initial question:

Why?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Actually every time I have been in a pack of charmed people and become uncharmed, the charmed people continue after their same target and leave me alone. Isn't it based on hate of the charmer?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by further

Actually every time I have been in a pack of charmed people and become uncharmed, the charmed people continue after their same target and leave me alone. Isn't it based on hate of the charmer?
    Ya, it's based on the hate of the charmer.

Aodh, I hereby revoke your point.

If *everyone* got charmed, then your charm wore first, everyone will come running for you.

In Dynamis this is probably a pretty rare event (most mages will be out of range), but it's more likely when you have smaller numbers of players (Lamia 13).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I'm sure a PLD or NIN fighting Vrtra would love to resist charm, correct? No hate reset, no having to get it all back, etc. Vrtra and JoL are 2 fights I can think of where a tank would not want to be charmed and wouldnt be so detrimental in sacrificing some slots in resist charm. Neck and Ear come to mind from M.17's locket and this earring.

However mobs in Dynamis like Nantina, I tell everyone to huddle up and get charmed, because if someone isnt charmed and everyone else is, they're gonna die and just waste time weakened/possibly getting aggro from other mobs.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I was told if everyone gets charmed the mob just releases one at random and that person gets boned. Is this not the case?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe
    I was told if everyone gets charmed the mob just releases one at random and that person gets boned. Is this not the case?
    nope, but that can happen when someone has a partial resist and it wears off before everyone else.

Perhaps it's a rare ENM reward for one of the fights people rarely do? There's a few ENMs that were added in that update, or it could have been added to an existing ENM (and before you say they wouldn't do that, cloud evoker in the same update was added to existing ENMs as well as the new ones).

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I believe that was the update where Ouryu was added, but if that was where it came from I'd imagine that someone would have gotten one by now.

Maybe it comes from the Heroes Orb, and nobody was lucky enough to get the drop

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I'm sure a PLD or NIN fighting Vrtra would love to resist charm, correct? No hate reset, no having to get it all back, etc. Vrtra and JoL are 2 fights I can think of where a tank would not want to be charmed and wouldnt be so detrimental in sacrificing some slots in resist charm. Neck and Ear come to mind from M.17's locket and this earring.
    Certainly one of my possible uses for this.

However mobs in Dynamis like Nantina, I tell everyone to huddle up and get charmed, because if someone isnt charmed and everyone else is, they're gonna die and just waste time weakened/possibly getting aggro from other mobs.
    If stacking the three resist charm items in the game gave a decent resist rate, wouldn't you be prepared to swap in resist sets on everyone and just sleepga the unfortuanate few who fail to resist?

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Perhaps it's a rare ENM reward for one of the fights people rarely do? There's a few ENMs that were added in that update, or it could have been added to an existing ENM (and before you say they wouldn't do that, cloud evoker in the same update was added to existing ENMs as well as the new ones).
    I considered that it might be a drop from ENM75: Totentanz (Corse mobs doing Charm and all), but I've never gotten around to doing a run on this ENM.

It's almost definitely not Totentanz, there's a group of BLMs on my server who did that ENM every week for a year.