+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Bourne Identity     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

The Bourne Identity

Started reading the book today and it's really good. Has anyone else read it?

Re: The Bourne Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I read one of them, believe it was called Bourne Supremacy, or something like that. Those books are insanely addictive.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    I read one of them, believe it was called Bourne Supremacy, or something like that. Those books are insanely addictive.
    That's the sequel to Identity I believe. You read it without reading the previous one though? That's interesting. But ya, they're addictive haha.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yes its a great book look forward to 2 more in the series

Both movies are really awesome, and their soundtracks are the best ones ever made for a movie imo. Matt Damon is a pretty damn nice actor.

The movies were actually made from the books by Robert Ludlum, and the third movie is planned for next year (I think):

1. The Bourne Identity
    2. The Bourne Supremacy
    3. The Bourne Ultimatum

Didn't read the books myself, but most of the time, books are alot better than movies (and movies rock!).

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    Both movies are really awesome, and their soundtracks are the best ones ever made for a movie imo. Matt Damon is a pretty damn nice actor.

The movies were actually made from the books by Robert Ludlum, and the third movie is planned for next year (I think):

1. The Bourne Identity
    2. The Bourne Supremacy
    3. The Bourne Ultimatum

Didn't read the books myself, but most of the time, the books are alot better than the movies, and the movies rock!
    I was aware that there was a three book story going on but I was just wondering if anyone else had read them. I saw the first movie and had the book long before it was made, but I never read it. After seeing the first movie I was inspired to pick up the book which I owned for such a long time and decided to read it. It's really great, like the action is nonstop and the character is such an easy one to bond with because he learns everything about himself at the same time you do. It's so good lol. Like when he randomly starts doing some form of karate and shouting oriental words as he mortally wounds 3 of his co-workers after a brawl on the deck of a boat. Or when he's in the butcher shop and does all the stuff a very professional at intrusion would do to discover the butcher cheating on his wife and steal all his stuff. He's just a kewl character all around :D

Now I want to buy the books so bad >.> lol

That's the sequel to Identity I believe. You read it without reading the previous one though? That's interesting. But ya, they're addictive haha.
    I honestly couldn't find the first one at a book store, and I wasn't gonna order a new one online when I'd finish reading it in two days. I have both movies so I figured it'd be okay to skip the first and head into the second one. I kinda regret that now, because the book was fantastic. I'd read it again if I could find it.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I honestly couldn't find the first one at a book store, and I wasn't gonna order a new one online when I'd finish reading it in two days. I have both movies so I figured it'd be okay to skip the first and head into the second one. I kinda regret that now, because the book was fantastic. I'd read it again if I could find it.
    I bought mine from a local library when I lived in New Fairfield, Connecticut. It was like 3.50, and it's paperback. It's old too, but it's still in good shape and it's a great read. ^.^

A. Body
    BG Level

there's a 4th book called "The Bourne Legacy" but it's not written by ludlum though i think? not sure

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    there's a 4th book called "The Bourne Legacy" but it's not written by ludlum though i think? not sure
    3rd pty sequel? people do that lol?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

1. The Bourne Identity
    2. The Bourne Supremacy
    3. The Bourne Ultimatum

Didn't read the books myself, but most of the time, books are alot better than movies (and movies rock!).
    The movies sucked compared to how well told the books are. They skipped about 30% of the books scenes in that movie and cut out A LOT of plot.

but ya I liked the movies but prefered the books.

Xavier

There was an original Bourne movie made a while ago w/ Robert Redford that owned. The story in it was pretty similar to the new Matt Damon series, but kinda more expanded w/ a different twist on the plot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by sephir

1. The Bourne Identity
    2. The Bourne Supremacy
    3. The Bourne Ultimatum

The movies sucked compared to how well told the books are. They skipped about 30% of the books scenes in that movie and cut out A LOT of plot.

but ya I liked the movies but prefered the books.
    Do you even still play?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Friend of mine said that the books and the movies in this series are almost totally different. I tried a Ludlum book once, but didn't get into it very well. When it comes to geo-political thrillers, I guess I'm just a Clancy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    Yeah, The Bourne Legacy is a sequel of the Bourne trilogy in the 90s, written by Eric Van Lustbader, it was published in 2004. The man is also writing The Bourne Trajectory which will be the 5th book of the Bourne saga.

Don't know if they're any good, maybe someone here read it?

Bajaratt

The only things the bourne movies share with the books is this:

1) The titles
    2) A guy named Jason Bourne, who lost his memory

And that's about it.

The movies are great movies in their own right, but as adaptations of the books they're horrible. They left out the major plot points of the books, removed key characters and drastically downplayed the relationships between the characters that they did leave in.

I read the 4th Bourne book, and it's well done, the style is very similar to Robert Ludlum's. It addressed some past issues brought up throughout the original books and was a pretty entertaining read. I hadn't heard of a 5th book, but I'll keep an eye out for it.