BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: God damn it Aurik     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    They just need to invite hitosi as whm/nin, he has relic club on our server

Wafik, you could also invite soup on war once he finishes his excalibur...had to say it, couldn't resist.
    That wouldn't be any fun though and would delete the purpose because Soup can't use Relic on WAR

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    lolrelic xp is fun

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7133/lolrelicku8.jpg

Monsters I tells ya, Monsters.
    By the way, 221 isn't divisible by 3. Am I missing something?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Trolls = Diamondhide yes?

Seems extremely unlikely that would be what it was, but I guess it's possible. Has it been undeniably proven that it's a 3x mod for Dagger? It could be 3.4 (65 x 3.4) or 2.6 (85 x 2.6)

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure multi dmg is calculated before pdif, so it could be anything within the pdif range. IIRC it's +/- 5%.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

There's also the .05 level correction to pDIF, but ya probably just due to rounding.

I haven't had a chance to really merit with Mandau yet, closest thing to EXP would be trying to pop Ix'Aerns. Keft finally finished one of the In the Name of Science quests a few weeks ago so he could get virtues for his Temperance Axe but still haven't gotten around to merit'ing with him. There's also Swieter who just recently finished Spharai so we could get a pretty decent relic burn going on Fairy. ;D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bestovian

Wafik, you could also invite soup on war once he finishes his excalibur...had to say it, couldn't resist.
    That wouldn't be any fun though and would delete the purpose because Soup can't use Relic on WAR
    Alright, I'm noob...I *assumed* SE wouldn't be lame and restrict it to only pld /rdm, and would let war use it, I was wrong

They definitly won't invite soups now, no one wants pld/nin in xp.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Bestovian

Alright, I'm noob...I *assumed* SE wouldn't be lame and restrict it to only pld /rdm, and would let war use it, I was wrong

They definitly won't invite soups now, no one wants pld/nin in xp.
    Excalibur should be PLD/RDM/THF like Justice Sword.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    I thought I had read Shield Bash can triple proc, giving 6-700dmg Shield bashes.
    Yeah, it can. ^^
    No, it cant.^^ I have one

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Georgetp
    I thought I had read Shield Bash can triple proc, giving 6-700dmg Shield bashes.
    Yeah, it can. ^^
    Hmmm I remember seeing shield bash doing 400damage to a mob.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

gdi aurik

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    Yeah, it can. ^^
    Hmmm I remember seeing shield bash doing 400damage to a mob.
    Was probably a qutrub in beseiged or xp, normal shield bashes do 490ish to those, not triple proc

I've easily done hundreds and hundreds of shield bashes on HNMs, and just randomly running by and bashing some level 2 bunny because I've felt like it, and NEVER gotten anything out of the 200-240 range.(stuff weak to blunt is an exception, get 290ish on that stuff, as are qutrubs as I said)

Edit: this is also why I'm gonna call bullshit on a horn song triple procing, it would be way too over powered and they'd never impliment something like that

Maybe you forgot about the part where it only happens 3-5% of the time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm saying I've had it long enough, and done hundreds of shield bashes, and never seen a triple proc. If it was 3-5% of the time, I would have definetly seen it by now. I know other people with aegis will say the same, as of now its a bunch of random jobs without aegis trying to tell me how my own relic works(something as signifigant as this, would be impossible to over look, so go ahead and rule that out before you post that as a reason).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shield is also newer than other relics, so... you never know, really.

I'm saying I've had it long enough, and done hundreds of shield bashes, and never seen a triple proc. If it was 3-5% of the time, I would have definetly seen it by now. I know other people with aegis will say the same, as of now its a bunch of random jobs without aegis trying to tell me how my own relic works(something as signifigant as this, would be impossible to over look, so go ahead and rule that out before you post that as a reason).
    I was referring to this actually:

it would be way too over powered and they'd never impliment something like that

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Machazareel
    Shield is also newer than other relics, so... you never know, really.
    Still how many hundreds of shield bashes do you need to do in order to prove it's not 3%? Sounds like george has a pretty good sample size.

If you've done 500+ ish and not seen one, I would imagine there's a pretty damn good chance it's not 3-5% since 1:500 is 0.2%

There's always the chance that it was done by the same guy that set the HQ1 probability at "10 percent" and just missed the decimal point by 5 or 6 places.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

lol @ people without the relic telling people with the relic what their relic can or can't do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was actually referring to the possibility of lollerhorn having a triple proc effect. If my memory serves correctly, it was implemented along with the other weapons, and shield came afterwards.

*shrug* I probably could have worded it better.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Shield Bash can't fucking triple, ask anyone on Remora.. or better just believe the people with Aegis?