Thread: God damn it Aurik     submit to reddit submit to twitter

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

God damn it Aurik

I WANT SPHARAI NUMBERS

~.~

haven't had the time to test anything but the subtle blow enchantment...+10 SB after FH.

FH itself isn't too bad, it's stronger than DK. My recent favourite has been using it to open gravitation for wafik's MS. 1700 dmg + MB > 150 extra melee damage on WS.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

My disappointment is almost palpable.

My kingdom for a R5vsDestroyers parse!

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

This has probably already been asked and answered, but if you're using 2 relic WSes in the chain, does it increase the chance of full damage (no resist) on high level mobs?

Can you test the duration of Subtle Blow as a function of TP?

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Can you test the duration of Subtle Blow as a function of TP?
    From what I have heard its 20s@100, 40@200, 60@300 for all of them.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    This has probably already been asked and answered, but if you're using 2 relic WSes in the chain, does it increase the chance of full damage (no resist) on high level mobs?
    thats a new one to me. id like to know more about this too.

Doesn't seem to be the case.

I remember someone saying how rare triple damage proc was rare as hell, like 1/100. Being that you attack pretty much non stop on mnk, how often do you see it kicking in? How is the damage compared to destroyers(not parsed, just per hit)? Whats average FH damage on VT? IT? TW? Other players ?

Figured these were easy questions that didnt really need parses.

Xavier

He doesn't know. He finished the upgrade and immediately quit FFXI. Right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

First of all, grats Aurik! Add the relic weapon userbox to your wikipedia user page lol.

@Neosutra, when my friend and I were testing her Claustrum, the triple damage proc seemed to be between 5 and 10%, just eyeballing it. (Each hit gave 10% TP exactly, and she would do a triple damage usually 1-2 times every 2x100 TP.)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Jesus fuckin christ, I wish Mandau would triple proc every 15 hits...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I remember someone saying how rare triple damage proc was rare as hell, like 1/100. Being that you attack pretty much non stop on mnk, how often do you see it kicking in? How is the damage compared to destroyers(not parsed, just per hit)? Whats average FH damage on VT? IT? TW? Other players ?

Its not that rare, Wafik said he parsed something like 3% which seems about right. It does go off enough to bring a smile to your face though. The faster 1H weapons will proc more often due to their lower delay, however the 2H weapons and especially Bow/Gun (proc on Barrage) will put up the eye-popping bonus damage #s.

Spharai should have the highest proc rate of any relic weapon since many of the 1H weapons will be dual-wielded at various times, effectively cutting down their chance to proc. Its similar to Destroyers having 2x the critical effect of any of the other KS30 weapons.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

3-5% seems right to me, definitely more than 1%.. If I had to guess an exact number 5% seems pretty fitting.. I use Kikoku..

(Edit) Also the add effect seems to kick in more often than the 3x dmg attack..

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra

I know how rukenshin feels; I have about 1000 screenshots waiting to be looked through and clipped since I got Spharai just 2 weeks ago.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1966/lolvu8.png
    k...

On 3x damage:
    It kicks in somewhat frequently on low level mobs. Can expect to see it once every 3-4 mobs, depending on how many punches they take. It never triggers on offhand hits (nor kick attacks), unfortunately, which sucks but I guess that's fair, ninjas can't dual weild kikokus. The actual modifier is 3.0x; some weapons have lesser modifiers (I think guttler has 2.5x mod?)
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9...etriplemp6.png

Max crit on Spharai is 204; 3x makes it 612. I've hit 612 on a few things (including a lv 70~ yagudo right after getting my spharai) but it's pretty rare to see triple-crits

3x hits on nms are funny.
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7874/292bqpj5.png
    I pulled hate on BQ over about 8 other melee, and I only ever used WS on the spawns

Damage vs destroyers per-hit isn't that noticeable. If you've ever used spartan cesti, and remember switching to destroyers, well it's like that difference on top of the cesti. Being that I don't have any strength merits, my base damage is just a tad above a fully meritted elvaan using destroyers On TW its cool though because I'll hit for like 150 4-5 times in a row without critting.
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6176/highdmgek6.png

Parsed, it seems to be about 10% stronger. That is, I used to parse about 37% to Wafik's 34% on his thf (which is really impressive, I'm a fairly stacked mnk) and after spharai in the same setup/place I was doing 2-3% more while his dmg stayed relatively the same.

What IS noticeable is the higher base damage for asuran fists. I used to very rarely hit above 1300, mostly because hume, no str merits and go every where as /nin. Subbing nin I was able to pull this off which has to be one of the highest dmg asurans I've ever done -- especially to a neutral mob, alone.
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8140/1431sj5.png

One thing that is noticeable, and this is probably because I've been using destroyers and mnk/nin so long, is the extra 40-some delay. For the first week I was mis-timing my utsusemi a lot because of that

FH, assuming both hit: 800-1000 on TW-EM. 500-800 on T-VT-IT, depending on how tough. It's better than DK at 100%, but DK > FH at 200% and above. Keep in mind that I don't do anything to boost the mod other than use flame gorget; with a (theoretically) 60%vit mod I should probably be using genbu kabuto. It's definitely not as strong as AF, which is reliably 800-1000 even on the difficult/evasive trolls in Mt.Zhayolm.

One of the useful properties is the self-light ability. You can go DK->FH, if you have 200%TP, or you can go FH->FH if you're starting from 100 TP. If you have a samurai to shiyoko you, you can even go FH->DK->FH.
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9234/dynavalkme9.png

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

awesome & congrats

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

UPDATE YOUR LIVEJOU- oh wait, wrong person.

Grats, and nice info. I'm fairly impressed that they beat Destroyers by that much, but also slightly disappointed that the triple damage only procs on main hand swings. I could understand no kicks but... I guess it balances it a bit, and slightly lowers the damage.

Amazing, and you're too rich. Go get some haidate now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Slight hijack of thread since we are discussing relics >.>

I recently heard from someone with a Gjallarhorn that it can triple proc on songs, tripling the effect. Anyone with info about this? I'm fairly interested, being almost finished with my own horn.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    I recently heard from someone with a Gjallarhorn that it can triple proc on songs, tripling the effect.
    lol.

More seriously, I haven't heard of that happening, and I don't really think it can. I thought the 3x proc was limited to the weapons only (no horn, shield).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    I recently heard from someone with a Gjallarhorn that it can triple proc on songs, tripling the effect.
    lol.

More seriously, I haven't heard of that happening, and I don't really think it can. I thought the 3x proc was limited to the weapons only (no horn, shield).
    As did I, but he does have the horn so.. I dunno. Seems too powerful to me honestly (12 tick ballad 2?)

edit> numbers or something.. it's late

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast