Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Quote Originally Posted by chiz
    (except DRG, which they update every 6 months or so)
    With super jump recast being lowered to 3 minutes (fully merited 2:30), if that crap on the jp bbs about group 2 merits going up to 5 next update holds any truth whatsoever, a DRG is gonna be that much more beneficial in melee-"heavy" setups. 2 SAMs with "fully merited" shikikoyo and a DRG with a fully merited super jump could take out ridiculously large chunks in mobs without any risk crap like flailing it at all, all the while giving the DRG the TP they need to set up a darkness chain (with freeze 2 being potentially stronger than burst 2 now) twice every 5 minutes.
    Ya I was more referring to the big DRG update when they nerfed RNG, the first real buff of any kind to a job and the last couple of updates like the merit buff that gave other jobs good/insane new abilities. SE has probably given DRG the most attention of any job, yet the job still hasn't received any substantial buffs while other strong jobs just get stronger.

And to FFXIFlux:

Do you even have SAM leveled? If you did, you'd know that popping Meditate can and will pull hate over Provoke. Try it sometime, seriously.

Edit: Oh ya, A- Parry on SAM. I sometimes get capped skill designations mixed up when 269 skill is as good as it gets for any job.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wow I just did a little gay math while at work.

Dark 528 delay death scythe.

528 with full homan gear (12%)/Haste belt (4%)=84.48 delay reduction
    528 with Hasso (assuming 10%) = 52.8 delay reduction
    528 with Haste magic (whatever it is say 10%) = 52.8 delay reduction

= 337.92 delay with scythe equiped
    = 300 or so with a GK/Polearm/GS equiped

Sorry gay math at work being done.

Now that is awesome for DOT.

Someone tell me what Diabolic Eye and slap in Last Resort and Desperate Blows can do. doesn't relic scythe grant haste as well.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Sadly I really think that DRG is always gonna be regarded as the support DD in SE's eyes. It should have a way to stand out itself but it seems to me that all of its abilities lend to making other people go all out with less ramifications.

Someone tell me what Diabolic Eye and slap in Last Resort and Desperate Blows can do. doesn't relic scythe grant haste as well.
    Diabolic eye is a hefty accuracy bonus (enough so that I could hit nidhogg with its wings up with little worry O_o), desperate blows grants up to a 15% delay reduction when last resort is up but to be frank it's rather worthless with a 30 second duration.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Wow, really impressive stuff if this will actually be significant boosts.
    Now if they can just add things similiar to this for dark knight and dragoon, as well as make it so these abilities can be used from subjobs, they'll have maybe actually fixed the problem with 2-handed melee as well as making it so there is a point for warrior to sub things other than thief and ninja.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do you even have SAM leveled? If you did, you'd know that popping Meditate can and will pull hate over Provoke. Try it sometime, seriously.
    I dunno (me only being 37) I used 3rd eye when ever I had the chance, and I never pulled hate just by using it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Not really. I've turned mobs with Meditate before, but I'd have turn a lot more if I would have used Provoke instead.

I'd guess Meditate has around 1/2 of Provoke's hate.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've taken hate with meditate before, but I'm fairly certain it's not on the same hate tier as provoke.... more like Boost, I'd say :\

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    I dunno (me only being 37) I used 3rd eye when ever I had the chance, and I never pulled hate just by using it.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dank
    Err was thinking 3rd eye from this thread, meant to write med.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Third Eye isn't close to the same hate level, like I said, maybe slightly more than Utsusemi. How can you tell? When a tank pulls hate off you, you pop Third Eye, and the mob is right back on you for a split second.

Meditate, regardless of Enmity on AF/AF2 has more hate than Provoke. I learned this early on in EXP. Its not a good idea to pop Meditate right after a tank Provokes, you need to let the tank build up some hate through melee/spells or you're going to pull hate.

Testing in an HNM situation or during long fights isn't going to give you an accurate gauge, you have to simplify it, and oftentimes EXP and leveling a job give you that opportunity.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Not really. I've turned mobs with Meditate before, but I'd have turn a lot more if I would have used Provoke instead.

I'd guess Meditate has around 1/2 of Provoke's hate.
    It's somewhere between Boost and Provoke .... but certainly not as strong as the latter. Nothing compared to Souleater/Warcry/Last Resort either.

And to the person who said that spamming Third Eye would add up hate and actually generate significant hate by adding up ... lol.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Omg. I seriously just had to change pants. I'm glad I still have my Hagun.. so i'm confused. Are they changing Third eye to 30 seconds? and then the ability changed it to 15 seconds? I need to Merit again for Overwhelm Another thing.. Overwhelm + Trick Attack, did we ever find out of this works? >.> And will Berserk + Hasso may stack? Iunno. This better not be a joke!

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Omg. I seriously just had to change pants. I'm glad I still have my Hagun.. so i'm confused. Are they changing Third eye to 30 seconds? and then the ability changed it to 15 seconds? I need to Merit again for Overwhelm Another thing.. Overwhelm + Trick Attack, did we ever find out of this works? >.> And will Berserk + Hasso may stack? Iunno. This better not be a joke!
    nvm, keeping my mind on one thing at a time >.> mixing up too much stuff

There can only be one possible reason for such an update.

Burying lolsash forever.
    SAM/NIN tanks incoming

so i'm confused. Are they changing Third eye to 30 seconds? and then the ability changed it to 15 seconds?
    The way I read it (and I'm pretty damn certain) is: Third Eye ability recast stays at 1min. When Seigan is active, that becomes 30 seconds instead.

The Third Eye "effect" is having Duration reduced from 1min to 30seconds, regardless of Seigen being active or otherwise. I assume it's so you can't try and reapply one over the other (or at least, you can't without merits).

1min now, 30 seconds when patch comes out, 15secs with Seigan in effect.
    That's not what it say. One part talks about recast, the other about duration.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

so, uh
    how often do nin tanks get hit in 15 seconds?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

-3rd Eye duration is going down to 30s.
    -The new JA, when its active, cuts the 3rd Eye recast timer in half.
    -No reason for Berserk not to stack with Hasso. It just won't stack with Seigan.
    -Overwhelm works whenever you're facing the mob. TA transfers hate so long as a body is between you and the mob...why wouldn't it work?

Edited for clarity.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It should. Hasso is only ATK Speed, Accuracy, and Strength with 2handed weapons.

Berserk is ATK. So Yes they'll stack.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    so, uh
    how often do nin tanks get hit in 15 seconds?
    Uh <_< with slow and elegy and paralyze like... twice tops

Black Belt
    BG Level

1min now, 30 seconds when patch comes out, 15secs with Seigan in effect.
    that's wrong.

3rd Eye now: Recast 1 Min (50 seconds if merited), Duration 1 Min
    3rd Eye after patch: Recast 1 Min (50 seconds if merited), Duration 30 Sec
    3rd Eye after patch with Seigan active: Recast 30 Sec, Duration 30 Sec

don't know how merits will apply in relation to Seigan, can end up to be 20 or 25.