Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Holy fucking shit. Job Adjustments: Samurai (09/29/06)

The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. Below is a description of the changes that will be made to the samurai job. In addition, the FINAL FANTASY XI development team plans to continue making adjustments in accordance with the announcements made at the Tokyo Game Show's Vanafesta 2006.

Adjustments to the Samurai Job

The samurai's job abilities and traits are often needed for specific situations, but tend not to stand out in experience-gaining parties. The next version update will address this issue as well as make the samurai a more viable support job for main jobs that utilize two-handed weapons.

[New Job Abilities]
    Both an offensive and defensive job ability will be added. The casting intervals were made shorter than the durations so that players can use the abilities whenever they are needed. In addition, the abilities are learned at a level low enough to allow their use even when samurai is set as a support job.

· Hasso (Level 25; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
    Grants a bonus to attack speed, accuracy, and Strength when using two-handed weapons.

· Seigan (Level 35; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
    Grants a bonus to Third Eye when using two-handed weapons.

Seigan and Third Eye
    While Seigan is in effect, the recast time for the Third Eye job ability will be decreased by half. In accordance, the duration for "Third Eye" will be adjusted.

Also, with the next version update, the player may counterattack or keep the effect of Third Eye when the player evades an attack using the Third Eye job ability. The chance that the player will keep the Third Eye effect even after evading will gradually decrease from the time the ability is used.

Points to Note:
    - The effects of Hasso and Seigan do not overlap. If both abilities are used, only the most recently activated ability will take effect.
    - Hasso and Seigan will only take effect when the player is equipped with a two-handed weapon.
    - A penalty will be imposed on magic, song, and ninjutsu recast time while Hasso or Seigan is in effect.

[Changes to Existing Abilities]
    The job trait Overwhelm will be adjusted to be more effective against high-level enemies, and the job trait Zanshin will be adjusted to increase the effectiveness of the job trait Ikishoten.

- The duration of the job ability Third Eye will be changed to 30 seconds.
    - The job trait Zanshin will be acquired at level 20.
    - Players will be able to use a merit point to increase weapon skill damage by 5% when the job trait Overwhelm is in effect.
    Yeah uh... lololol that's fucking crazy.

Source Link, for the lazy.

Notice that the Duration on Hasso and Seigan are 5mins while the Recast is only 1min? Expect to see some incredibly rapid changes of stance.

And Seigan-tanking looks like an awesome, if dangerous, technique. No longer am I going to have to hold back on WS damage to not MP sponge in XP. And we can't be interupted, as it's a ja, not a spell.

Be interesting to see any "Enhances" gear that appears for these.

Also... Third Eye merits... Hmmmm.

Sweet I can't wait to get to use /sam again!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Jeees this is fking huge for SAM or hell, this opens up war/sam with GS, drk/sams, wowowowoowoowowowow hotness +1

Edit : I guess they also read ryko's topic about people quitting if the next patch doesnt deliver and whatnot.

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Edit : I guess they also read ryko's topic about people quitting if the next patch doesnt deliver and whatnot.
    Totally all me

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If this is as good as it sounds, then it could be very, very broken.

/SAM being the standard in merit parties and an end to the dominance of one-handed weapons? Who knows, but at the very least its a pretty hot buff for SAM.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Players will be able to use a merit point to increase weapon skill damage by 5% when the job trait Overwhelm is in effect.
    Looks like all jobs with be getting a few NEW merits then...?!!

WTF this is some kind of anti-nerf, where's the catch...

I just realised.

Saotome Haidate + Seigan + Third Eye Merits.

Dear god this is made of win.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Holy fucking shit. Job Adjustments: Samurai (09/29/06)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. Below is a description of the changes that will be made to the samurai job. In addition, the FINAL FANTASY XI development team plans to continue making adjustments in accordance with the announcements made at the Tokyo Game Show's Vanafesta 2006.

Adjustments to the Samurai Job

The samurai's job abilities and traits are often needed for specific situations, but tend not to stand out in experience-gaining parties. The next version update will address this issue as well as make the samurai a more viable support job for main jobs that utilize two-handed weapons.

[New Job Abilities]
    Both an offensive and defensive job ability will be added. The casting intervals were made shorter than the durations so that players can use the abilities whenever they are needed. In addition, the abilities are learned at a level low enough to allow their use even when samurai is set as a support job.

· Hasso (Level 25; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
    Grants a bonus to attack speed, accuracy, and Strength when using two-handed weapons.

· Seigan (Level 35; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
    Grants a bonus to Third Eye when using two-handed weapons.

Seigan and Third Eye
    While Seigan is in effect, the recast time for the Third Eye job ability will be decreased by half. In accordance, the duration for "Third Eye" will be adjusted.

Also, with the next version update, the player may counterattack or keep the effect of Third Eye when the player evades an attack using the Third Eye job ability. The chance that the player will keep the Third Eye effect even after evading will gradually decrease from the time the ability is used.

Points to Note:
    - The effects of Hasso and Seigan do not overlap. If both abilities are used, only the most recently activated ability will take effect.
    - Hasso and Seigan will only take effect when the player is equipped with a two-handed weapon.
    - A penalty will be imposed on magic, song, and ninjutsu recast time while Hasso or Seigan is in effect.

[Changes to Existing Abilities]
    The job trait Overwhelm will be adjusted to be more effective against high-level enemies, and the job trait Zanshin will be adjusted to increase the effectiveness of the job trait Ikishoten.

- The duration of the job ability Third Eye will be changed to 30 seconds.
    - The job trait Zanshin will be acquired at level 20.
    - Players will be able to use a merit point to increase weapon skill damage by 5% when the job trait Overwhelm is in effect.
    Yeah uh... lololol that's fucking crazy.
    This is an awsome change, but can someone explain what they think this means? If anyone in the party uses one of these new traits, I, as a brd, will have longer recasts?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Go go SAM tank.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

FUCK YES I THINK MY PANTS JUST EXPLODED WITH HOT STEAMY JOY

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios
    This is an awsome change, but can someone explain what they think this means? If anyone in the party uses one of these new traits, I, as a brd, will have longer recasts?
    I'm pretty sure it's when the person using this has hasso on. SE love to bandaid patch everything, so instead of preventing sam/nin utsesimi going on, they'll prevent sam/everything

23 years old

BG Level

I'm pretty sure it means that when you cast something as a samurai with those effects up, the recast will be lengthened.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Posting in legendary topic!

Those changes to SAM feel so WoW

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I'm pretty sure it's when the person using this has hasso on. SE love to bandaid patch everything, so instead of preventing sam/nin utsesimi going on, they'll prevent sam/everything
    You know I went downstairs to grab a glass of OJ, and this is the exact thing i thought of right after i posted. Good to see others confirm :0

74+sam/nin+thf tank yes?

its not like they will add a huge +slow, right?

23 years old

BG Level

If that JP BBS about recasts is true also, 2 SAMs and a DRG will fucking rape shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Gasgul
    74+sam/nin+thf tank yes?
    Whats wrong with SAM/WAR stacking parry and dmg down tanking?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast