Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst equipped melee/mage     submit to reddit submit to twitter

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Maybe he was 75 PLD in '04 and never upgraded his back?

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos

Morion Tathlum
    Enfeebling Torque
    Moldavite Earring
    Phantom Earring
    Astral Ring
    Penitent's Rope
    These pieces are pretty good. I mean, Morion Tathlum isn't the best in the world, but still, not that much of a downgrade from Phantom.

The rest though... heh... at least he has Errant to look forward to right?

(No AF head/legs/body though? Christcakes...)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos

Morion Tathlum
    Enfeebling Torque
    Moldavite Earring
    Phantom Earring
    Astral Ring
    Penitent's Rope
    These pieces are pretty good. I mean, Morion Tathlum isn't the best in the world, but still, not that much of a downgrade from Phantom.

The rest though... heh... at least he has Errant to look forward to right?

(No AF head/legs/body though? Christcakes...)
    I wouldn't put Moldavite on the list of good gear. It doesn't help with enfeebling and I seriously doubt that it be worth spending MP on lolnukes with no elemental staves or Warlock's Chapeau to back them up. Also, astral can be contested as well, since it is only good for full MP/convert- once you start using MP you should use MND or INT rings.

My only question is how did someone that incompetent get Enfeebling Torque and Penitent's Rope? He seems like the kind of guy who would buy Wise gear then wonder why all of his enfeebles are resisted... >_>

The egg makes up for the gimp gear, duh.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

After considering it, it seems pretty obvious to me that he's just made absolutely no effort at all to get any gear for his RDM specifically. Every piece of gear that isn't something totally random is something he probably had for his BLM. And every spot that is complete crap will probably have a replacement from his BLM gear at some point. Mostly.

Dark Staff only -- okay, pretty inexcusable to only have one staff.

Morion Tathlum -- decent, but probably had for BLM.

Erudite's Headband -- just plain terrible, but probably no replacement coming here either, should have gotten his AF long ago.

Enfeebling Torque -- may have had for BLM, I know a fair number of BLMs that have them just for sleep purposes.

Moldavite Earring -- BLM

Phantom Earring -- BLM

Tiger Jerkin -- total crap, expecting to level into Errant body, I'm sure.

New Moon Armlets -- total crap, expecting Errant?

Astral Ring -- as Septimus said, pretty useless, especially for a taru that it doesn't help for convert, probably had for BLM

Vigor Ring+1 -- obviously had for PLD, probably trying to level into his level 72/74 INT rings from BLM.

Behemoth Mantle -- again probably from PLD (though it's bad there too) and trying to level into his Rainbow cape.

Penitent's Rope -- BLM

Martial Slacks -- garbage, trying to level into errant slops

Garrison Boots -- capped BLM gear? aiming for errant again?

I mean, he wasn't a bad RDM outside of his gear, he played his job well. I always had refresh, the melees got haste and cures when needed, and he cast enfeebles (though obviously lots were resisted or weak). I just don't understand people that can have so little pride in their gear, I'd be embarrassed as hell to go outside my mog house wearing gear like that.

I'm not really an elitist, I'm not going to bitch out some guy on their first job (or second, or any, really) for not having a 5M piece of armor, but if there's a cheap (or free, like AF) alternative that's not hard to get, at least put SOME effort in. It drives me insane when people with high level jobs can't even bother to get themselves acceptable (or even good) pieces of gear that cost 20k. (See: elemental staves, NQ red cape, etc)

I am waiting to get raised cause the amount of deaths in this pt is astounding...its more like Dynamis then xp. Thank the gods I only died once though. Here is the tank:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/daemonxel/nin.jpg

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That is some really hawt gear.

What's wrong with a life belt or a fudo. lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

All this from a first job ranger who brought back the offhanded martial axe for tp bonus on slug shot (which at 75 he performed on the Heavy Crossbow nq

Before the fudo at 70 he was using sai nq (certainly at 68 ) and a shinobi ring for increased haste. Fudo is 200k on sylph but probably his best gear outside o hat.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

lol checkout the 218 xp/hr. >.> unf unf

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Random thought, if you are losing exp does it show 0 or -500 exp an hour?

Negative exp.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

These 2 gems both happened in the apparently the day of equipping gimps.. perhaps on their way to looking more respectable, but the acquisition order is still amusing nonetheless.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ora/warwut.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ora/pldwut.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Saw a 75 Thief the other day, with a Homam Corazza, also had Walahra Turban and Thief Relic Feet, probably HQ Amemet.

But, they were Main wielding Gully, offhanding Garuda's Dagger.

I forget the rings/earrings, Ranged Weapon, they were using Thief Artifact Pants, also Spike Necklace and Warwolf belt.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This thread should die now, because people cant read the title and have degenerated this thread to "he has a ridill BUT USES STR RINGS LAWLLL" or "NQ EARRING OMGGG".

More of this, or shut your mouth.

http://www.knightsls.com/Temp/gimp.JPG

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    These 2 gems both happened in the apparently the day of equipping gimps.. perhaps on their way to looking more respectable, but the acquisition order is still amusing nonetheless.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ora/pldwut.jpg
    Not 5 minutes after this happened I got like 2-3 IMs + LS chat spam.

I have never laughed so hard in my life, honestly, I really think my lv 60 PLD I'm currently XPing could tank as well as he does.

And how long has he been PLD?

That's not gimp, that's just an Axe warrior who just got a ridill and hasn't rotated their gear to fit a sword/sword build yet. You said they just got it, right? The rest of that stuff looks like pretty standard Axe/Axe or Axe/Joy merit set-up. Nothing amazing but nothing bad. This thread needs more absurdly gimp "My white mage has no staves and a bone earring" and less of whatever the hell this was supposed to be, "He doesn't have Byakko's and only has HQ Mantle and not Forager's, what a gimp!". I have looked upon the face of true gimpness and it's not a fenrir's earring, try harder.

The purple pld with D ring was kinda funny, though.

Ridill
    BG Level

I love my fenrir's earring ; ;

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel
    I am waiting to get raised cause the amount of deaths in this pt is astounding...its more like Dynamis then xp. Thank the gods I only died once though. Here is the tank:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/daemonxel/nin.jpg
    What I found funny about that party was the NIN casting some random Elemental wheel nukes. Those were fine in the 40's and 50's, but a joke at 70's compared to Melee burn. (My friend was playing Godstrike while over at my Apt, how I know, and that party was bad... < <)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    This thread should die now, because people cant read the title and have degenerated this thread to "he has a ridill BUT USES STR RINGS LAWLLL" or "NQ EARRING OMGGG".

More of this, or shut your mouth.

http://www.knightsls.com/Temp/gimp.JPG
    Seriously, this is what this thread is all about.

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast