Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 2512

Thread: Worst equipped melee/mage     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #501
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    807
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    Quote Originally Posted by Epidemic
    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    These 2 gems both happened in the apparently the day of equipping gimps.. perhaps on their way to looking more respectable, but the acquisition order is still amusing nonetheless.

    *pics*
    Eraphiel. rdm wut?
    A Duelist Chapeau/Dalmatica RDM is the same as those? Neither of those pieces are nearly as rare/powerful as the above 2. Most of the other RDM gear is pretty straight-forward. Wood Gloves (for MND) and Duelist's Gloves (for INT) until Yigit Gages are bad temporary choices? Are Mahatma Cuffs and Devotee's+1 worth the gil and extra inventory space over Yigit Gages? Wood Feet over NQ wise.. debatable 30MP vs 1INT? Mahatma Slops/Prism Cape/Penitent's all standard shit?

    Must be the Sapphire Ring, Diamond Ring, Water Staff, Earth Staff, and Light Staff... huge blemishes, sorry, clearly the equivalent of the above 2. I'd still frown upon the Earth Staff kinda, but we actually plan out RDM group2 merits across all of our RDMs, another presumably gimp thing right?.. and his Elvaan MND is used on Lv3 Paralyze II, not Slow II. Rag on him for it if you want, but he's 6 weeks into an end-game linkshell.. not doing badly in my opinion, shrug.
    It's a point akin to yours, though. At least that's what I percieved it as.

    Similar to how you criticized other shells' red mages using Zenith Pumps full time (While I agree with you, that's besides the point) when you had a WHM in Black earrings.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #502

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    Quote Originally Posted by Epidemic
    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    These 2 gems both happened in the apparently the day of equipping gimps.. perhaps on their way to looking more respectable, but the acquisition order is still amusing nonetheless.

    *pics*
    Eraphiel. rdm wut?
    A Duelist Chapeau/Dalmatica RDM is the same as those? Neither of those pieces are nearly as rare/powerful as the above 2. Most of the other RDM gear is pretty straight-forward. Wood Gloves (for MND) and Duelist's Gloves (for INT) until Yigit Gages are bad temporary choices? Are Mahatma Cuffs and Devotee's+1 worth the gil and extra inventory space over Yigit Gages? Wood Feet over NQ wise.. debatable 30MP vs 1INT? Mahatma Slops/Prism Cape/Penitent's all standard shit?

    Must be the Sapphire Ring, Diamond Ring, Water Staff, Earth Staff, and Light Staff... huge blemishes, sorry, clearly the equivalent of the above 2. I'd still frown upon the Earth Staff kinda, but we actually plan out RDM group2 merits across all of our RDMs, another presumably gimp thing right?.. and his Elvaan MND is used on Lv3 Paralyze II, not Slow II. Rag on him for it if you want, but he's 6 weeks into an end-game linkshell.. not doing badly in my opinion, shrug.
    I don't memorize player's gear unless it really stands out but that's cool. Alls I hear is how bad his/her and Xariana's playing skill is from Omen members on Skype, not counting Trutle members.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #503

    Quote Originally Posted by Epidemic
    I don't memorize player's gear unless it really stands out but that's cool. Alls I hear is how bad his/her and Xariana's playing skill is from Omen members on Skype, not counting Trutle members.
    I know who it was, only like a couple of people in our LS use Skype if I right.

    Quote Originally Posted by fenrirstruth
    Just because slif hasnt went and bought a MBody from omen doesnt make him gimp.
    This made me, lol.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #504

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,243
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Skype is clearly the wisest place to be; that's where you nuke in Crimson Cuisses and Crimson Greaves. If you're going to hear shit, at least look to verify it before you look stupid in a pit of gullibility from the true people in our LS lacking player skill. (I NEVER insisted we didn't have any.. only backed up the people who weren't accurately accused. Kiy was a lot like Eraphiel, smart, skilled, but new and poor. I value that a lot more than being dumb and rich, just buying what you see the "good" people of your job using) You're actually hearing from our least skilled RDM that our best 2 RDMs lack skill. I figured you to have a bit more of a head on your shoulders, Epi. You gotta love the drama queens and insecurity.

    And no, the magnitude of Dalmatica/Chapeau is not akin to Ridill/D.ring. We have have got 9+ of the former, while less than a handful of the latter.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #505
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    151
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    Skype is clearly the wisest place to be; that's where you nuke in Crimson Cuisses and Crimson Greaves. If you're going to hear shit, at least look to verify it before you look stupid in a pit of gullibility from the true people in our LS lacking player skill. (I NEVER insisted we didn't have any.. only backed up the people who weren't accurately accused. Kiy was a lot like Eraphiel, smart, skilled, but new and poor. I value that a lot more than being dumb and rich, just buying what you see the "good" people of your job using) You're actually hearing from our least skilled RDM that our best 2 RDMs lack skill. I figured you to have a bit more of a head on your shoulders, Epi. You gotta love the drama queens and insecurity.

    And no, the magnitude of Dalmatica/Chapeau is not akin to Ridill/D.ring. We have have got 9+ of the former, while less than a handful of the latter.
    Just to clarify, Eraphiel is good at hnms (i guess?) but lazy and awful in exp partys
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #506

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,243
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    By no stretches a Maiev, but nothing at all Roxey could frown upon in any respect, so yeah. As for a poor PT, take it up with him; I'll back up what I see. For all I know, he or anyone could've been completely awful.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #507

    In Palidor's defense (even though his gear isn't THAT bad) he's been on about a 6 month haitus from game because he is proudly serving our country in the armed forces. Seems more important to me then camping HNM 24/7.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #508
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    344
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Just to clarify, Eraphiel is good at hnms (i guess?) but lazy and awful in exp partys
    How nice to be dragged into something such as this.

    I know my gear isn't 'ideal,' hence working on upgrading. Funding my remaining staves is slow coming, but I'm well aware on what pieces of my equipment can be improved upon, and am working towards that.
    As far as xp Dnight, I've never had anyone complain about me in xp. So the 'lazy and horrible' argument doesn't really stand with how I know I play. I've pulled, I've main healed, support, take your pick and had no complaint. More than a few have complemented me on how I do, as a matter of fact, and If I'm ever having an off day, I feel worse about it than anyone, I've no doubt.
    I'm green on HNMs, sure...I've learned quite a bit the past few weeks, and have asked plenty of questions on how to improve. I know my job, I know how I do, and many others who actually do know me and aren't aiming to do something as pointless bashing to undermine someone else's arguments can attest.

    Think what you want, I'm sure you will anyway.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #509

    My 75NIN has a Rajas Ring. :D
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #510
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    151
    BG Level
    3

    As far as xp Dnight, I've never had anyone complain about me in xp. So the 'lazy and horrible' argument doesn't really stand with how I know I play.
    They were just being nice and didn't want to say anything (~'.')~



    My 75NIN has a Rajas Ring. :D
    My NIN has a Tamas Ring, I win :D.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #511
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    807
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    And no, the magnitude of Dalmatica/Chapeau is not akin to Ridill/D.ring. We have have got 9+ of the former, while less than a handful of the latter.
    Your original debate was the aquisition order of these items, no? Like you said, you have nothing against those 2 players, as I have nothing against Eraphiel. However, a Terra's Staff is more common then a Dalmatica/Duelist's Chapeau. As to how E hands are more common than a Ridill.

    It's a back and forth point.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #512
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,673
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Brimah
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel
    I am waiting to get raised cause the amount of deaths in this pt is astounding...its more like Dynamis then xp. Thank the gods I only died once though. Here is the tank:

    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/daemonxel/nin.jpg
    What I found funny about that party was the NIN casting some random Elemental wheel nukes. Those were fine in the 40's and 50's, but a joke at 70's compared to Melee burn. (My friend was playing Godstrike while over at my Apt, how I know, and that party was bad... < <)
    You should see his RNG, it's even better. I can't SS on Xbox and PS2, but at 75 it was all AF, blood sword and martial axe, life belt, spike necklace. Ricko doesn't have a fucking clue about what to equip himself with.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #513

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    Skype is clearly the wisest place to be; that's where you nuke in Crimson Cuisses and Crimson Greaves. If you're going to hear shit, at least look to verify it before you look stupid in a pit of gullibility from the true people in our LS lacking player skill. (I NEVER insisted we didn't have any.. only backed up the people who weren't accurately accused. Kiy was a lot like Eraphiel, smart, skilled, but new and poor. I value that a lot more than being dumb and rich, just buying what you see the "good" people of your job using) You're actually hearing from our least skilled RDM that our best 2 RDMs lack skill. I figured you to have a bit more of a head on your shoulders, Epi. You gotta love the drama queens and insecurity.

    And no, the magnitude of Dalmatica/Chapeau is not akin to Ridill/D.ring. We have have got 9+ of the former, while less than a handful of the latter.
    I know, I'll shut up. I'm not in Omen, I don't like starting drama, and I could honestly care less about degrading people's choice of internet armor. I'm poor myself and have no room to talk, not to mention I hardly play and am completely retarded when it comes to all of the new sets of expansion armor.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #514
    Ranger
    2600klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,339
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    once again, Im going to reiterate some things for people, because they dont seem to be getting it

    this topic is about GIMPS
    not people who might not have your idea of perfect gear. That warriors gear wasnt really that bad, not everyone has a haidate or af2 legs or better gear, but might have a ridill. I didnt have haidate untill very recently, and my ridill came after, but a bitchy byakko might have kept it from me for longer. It doesnt make them bad because they arent up to what you think are the standards. Gimps are easy to pick out, they wear terrible gear, they have zero pieces of good shinys, they dont macro change, they dont ever progress. People with mostly good gear but one or two bad or less than ideal choices arent gimp, just a little different than you.

    Oh, and for you fucks you who keep bitching, I exped in STR rings once I had capped axe merits, I maintained an awesome accuracy rating while eating sushi, shut the hell up.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #515
    Ranger
    2600klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,339
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Thread title:
    Worst equipped melee/mage


    WORST EQUIPPED. That means, people with such retarded absurd equipment, not "OMG HES NOT ALL WHITE BORDER GIMPwwwwwwwww *insert random JP text even though the person posting isnt even Japanese*".
    quoting this because nynja is right and adores being told so
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #516
    Ranger
    2600klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,339
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    EXAMPLES:

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    This thread should die now, because people cant read the title and have degenerated this thread to "he has a ridill BUT USES STR RINGS LAWLLL" or "NQ EARRING OMGGG".

    More of this, or shut your mouth.

    http://www.knightsls.com/Temp/gimp.JPG
    THIS IS GIMP, you may mock at your pleasure

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    These 2 gems both happened in the apparently the day of equipping gimps.. perhaps on their way to looking more respectable, but the acquisition order is still amusing nonetheless.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ora/warwut.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ora/pldwut.jpg
    NOT GIMP, STOP WASTING OUR TIME
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  17. #517
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    160
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Oh, and for you fucks you who keep bitching, I exped in STR rings once I had capped axe merits, I maintained an awesome accuracy rating while eating sushi, shut the hell up.

    lol whats the prob with exp in str rings? like she said if u got the weapon capped u shouldnt miss too much to even need snipers+1. idk maybe that just me but its funny when im in that str stuff and take hate from ppl who are actually voking >.<
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  18. #518
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    29,883
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Oh, and for you fucks you who keep bitching, I exped in STR rings once I had capped axe merits, I maintained an awesome accuracy rating while eating sushi, shut the hell up.

    lol whats the prob with exp in str rings? like she said if u got the weapon capped u shouldnt miss too much to even need snipers+1. idk maybe that just me but its funny when im in that str stuff and take hate from ppl who are actually voking >.<
    because theres this dumbshit stigma going around that if you use str rings, you're a gimp and a fucking retard.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  19. #519
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    160
    BG Level
    3

    so to be upgimped you have to melee in snipers +1 and ws in str? i guess it makes sense if you actually need all that damn acc. or maybe they use snipers cuz of meat or soups. if i use a sushi im not gonna use snipers esp with capped katana and such. lol seems like a waste of invent to me but im new here and dont know the way of epeen.

    i know the white box is sexy, plz believe i like it myself. but dont call ppl gimp cuz they have good enuf acc to match up, lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  20. #520
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    151
    BG Level
    3

    God invented the parser for a reason. If your accuracy % is shit, swap in +accuracy gear. Otherwise keep in +attack gear. It's not that complicated of a concept, people.

    You're gimped, in my book, if you don't adjust your gear to the situation at hand. If you're in Bhaflau's, and your accuracy is shit on mamooks, for god's sake, don't keep meleeing without swapping in proper +acc gear. Seen way too many "DD's" not do that, which is where most of the anti-STR-ring stigma came from. /endrelatedtosubjectrant.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 126 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Worst equipped mage/melee PART 2
    By Tyrn in forum FFXI: Media
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 2007-11-25, 03:45
  2. Insta-ban people who fuck up the "Worst Equiped" T
    By Celeras in forum FFXI: Media
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-03-21, 03:33