+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making Money Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Making Money Online

Anyone know any legit places that actually pay you to do things? I'm curious because I always see offers but they never seem like they really work.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I hear becoming a Chinese gilfarming sweatshop manager is lucrative. If you're talking about MMOs, it's almost pointless to try and make any actual money off of it. You either have to get in on the ground floor, or be an extremely smart moneymaker (and focus on trading over game playing, because game playing will not make you very much money usually), because the prevalence of gilfarming sweatshops makes the payoff/time ratio absurdly low and not worth it on its own.

If you're talking in general...

http://www.ebay.com
    http://www.rentacoder.com

There's plenty of money to be made from those two.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Someone in my LS apparently makes money from a game called Second Life? >.> dunno how much though, though he says he is able to support himself with it(as well as a webcomic).

Ridill
    BG Level

http://www.ultimatebet.com

or any other poker site...

seriously it sounds kind of silly but you actually don't even have to play poker on them

You can quite literally just sit there at the cheapest tables playing nothing but the very best hands, and ocassionally something silly (like once every hour or 2), and idiots will pay you off. It's crazy. Minimum wage is super easy, and that's just at the lowest levels.

Groovebox

Become an e-hooker in Second Life.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Wtf I checked out Second Life's website and that is nuts. The idea seems really kewl tho, and if I'm reading it right, it's free if you don't own land or anything and just want to sign up. I can see how E-hookers make money on that though. Islands cost like 5,000 US dollars in that game, and then like 200$ per month to keep. That's nuts, imagine the kind of people that play this game who have money like that to throw around. Probably be easy to get a few hundred out of some idiot a day. And a few hundred a day adds up, fast.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Second Life made it to CNN the other day.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Groovebox

There was an article in Wired this month about Second Life. They made it seem like tons of fun, so I downloaded it and quit during the character editing. Too much fucking stuff imo lol

Just wow I looked at the website as well and I dont really think you have to throw 1000's of dollars at it to be able to play, but to be the best so to say you better own your own islands and have some buildings. If you thought FFXI took too much of your time I can only imagine SL.