+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMOFPS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

looks good o,o might give it a try after school :3

Xavier

Looks kinda fun. I think Sony made a FPSMMO too, Planetside or something like that? Was that game any good?

Groovebox

I was actually sniffing around the planetside website, it's free to play up to rank 6... but then I stumbled accross this site that had a listing of some mmofps, and opted for warrock instead. From what I saw, PlanetSide looked kinda cool.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

looks nice. Downloaded it and installing now.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

I played in the Planetside Beta but never touched the retail. From the bit I did play (got up to BR 13 on one char) it was pretty fun. Once you hit the cap I'm not sure how much staying power it would have though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Looks kinda fun. I think Sony made a FPSMMO too, Planetside or something like that? Was that game any good?

I played it a bit when my friend subsribed to it a while ago. It was a decent decent game, but lag in certain situation was really a killer. Well, imagine any shooter with a 1 sec ping and you get the feeling of what happen when 200 people are assaulting the same base.

But beside that, the game could be fun. Dropping a tank from the sky in the middle of the ennemy base, crashing your jet on someone, using stealth to avoid people and hack their base and those thing could be fun.

so like what do you do just an all out free for all or is it like team based?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This game is a BF2 clone.

Planetside was somewhat ahead of it's time so a lot of people didn't have the computers to run i smoothly.

I enjoyed it for a short while.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When I try to run it it gives an error saying "Cannot read a file [vs.zip]!"
    Anyone else get this? Guess I could go to forums on their site but studying for government test tomorrow!

And your here?

Groovebox

if you get that error, you have a firewall problem ( at least with WarRock)... I had it, and just restarted my PC and it worked.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

download the patch (visit their forums, it's a sticky) and apply it.

I had that error and i fixed it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just downloaded the game, and I can't say I enjoyed it as much as I enjoy other shooter.

When I get onboard a jeep or tank, I want it to defy gravity and fly huge distance every time I hit a rock or something. In this game, every vehicule seem glued to the ground, which rarely lead to entertaining situation, or something you could brag about in front of other video game nerd. I know they are trying to be realistic, but you just end up throwing body anyway which remove any "realistic" feeling it could have in the first place

Isnt there a better strategy at war than jumping above enemies's barricade or building with a jeep for a surprise attack? I don't think so, and this game doesnt allow me to. I could say the same about the good old crash'a'plane suicide attack, or jump down without parachute while sniping everyone during your 10sec free fall. None of those seem to work

I didnt try other mode yet,so maybe it get better. It's just that map with vehicule force you to use them if you want to live more than 5 sec, but they arent satisfying to use.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

theres defuse/ lay bomb rounds like in cs. thats the only mode i play, and ive been playing it since it came out 6mo+

eh, played this for a bit. not the best game, its ok.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Looks a hell of a lot like Battlefield 2.