+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

More Job Adjustments 10/2/06 (RNG/DRK/DRG)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. Building on the previous notice regarding the samurai job, we would like to take this opportunity to describe the changes in store for dark knights, dragoons, and ranged attacks, which are used mainly by rangers and corsairs.

Adjustments to Ranged Attacks
    As a result of adjustments to make ranged attack damage differ according to the distance from the target, jobs that specialize in ranged attacks have suffered a decrease in performance. In the next version update, we plan to reassess the adjustments made to accuracy and attack power according to distance from target.

[The Distance Calculation and Added Effects]
    Ranged attack damage and accuracy are currently adjusted by a calculation based on the distance of the player from the enemy target. However, we plan to decrease the values for ranged accuracy and ranged attacks used in this calculation. This will ensure that the calculation will no longer largely eliminate the enhancements given by meals and equipment. Instead, the effects will be added directly to the player's attributes.

For example, if a player eats sushi, he will be able to largely compensate for the accuracy adjustment, and if a player eats meat, he will be able to compensate for the damage adjustment.

[Changes to Distance Adjustments]
    We plan to slightly widen the range in which players can deal out maximum damage using bows, crossbows, and other distance weapons, as well as ease the decrease in accuracy and attack power that comes the farther the player is from the target.

Job Adjustment: Dark Knight
    Timing will soon be more important when using the Absorb-TP spell, which was added in the July version update.

[TP Absorption Amount Adjustment]
    Currently, the amount of TP an enemy possesses has little effect on the amount absorbed by the Absorb-TP spell. We plan to decrease the amount of TP absorbable from enemies with few remaining TP so that players will have to consider the timing of the spell.

Job Adjustments: Dragoon
    Dragoons will receive adjustments to jump abilities and will be able to copy the Stoneskin effect to their wyverns.

[Job Ability: Spirit Surge]
    The recast time for the Jump, High Jump, and Super Jump job abilities will be reset when using Spirit Surge.

[Job Ability: Super Jump]
    The recast time for Super Jump will change from 5 minutes to just 3 minutes. In accordance, the merit point Group 1 category "Super Jump Recast" will allow players to shorten recast time by 6 seconds instead of 10.

[Job Trait: Empathy]
    Players who have acquired the Empathy job trait will be able to copy the Stoneskin effect to their wyvern when using the job ability Spirit Link.

In addition to the above adjustments, the next version update will also feature changes to the summoner job. Keep checking the main page for details in the next few days!
    (edit) I win by 1 minute! & I have no life. ;[

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I lose

Also, sounds like RNGs finally get a reprieve from the hit they took so long ago. DRK and DRG changes look fairly minor, but those jobs may reap some nice benefits from the SAM change anyway.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ha! Go go ranged attacks :D

This is gonna help THF and SAM in so many ways, aswell as lolrng.

Ridill
    BG Level

such bullshit... how the fuck do they convince themselves that mobs not having tp doesn't fuck absorb-tp already... let alone decide to make it worse

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I hope they make ranged attack nerf similar to blm nerf levels. I need to sell bullets again

My loldrg friend responds with this: <^> you SE

Black Belt
    BG Level

DRK got hosed. Where's the Scythe boost?

RNG sounds promising but we'll have to see how it turns out. Doesn't really sound like damage will increase, just gonna have more room for error. Still doesn't address that tp gain is slow as fuck.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The TP thing looks like a nerf.. lol. But most mobs get TP fast anyway so all it really messes up is like low level XP parties nobody cares about.

Rng stuff looks sweet as hell. Drg stuff is meh cause loldrg.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

if it's only going to affect the mobs that have lower TP, I dont see it being so bad. The way I read it , absorbing while they have higher TP is gonna be untouched.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Actually yeah, the DRK thing probably won't be too bad. iirc mobs get a base of 1.5 times the tp you get before figuring storeTP/subtle blow, so just wait a couple attack rounds after a TP move and you should be fine for a good drain.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For example, if a player eats sushi, he will be able to largely compensate for the accuracy adjustment, and if a player eats meat, he will be able to compensate for the damage adjustment.
    maybe this means meat + melee range equals almost pre-nerf damage?

my COR is happy 8)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My PUP is still unhappy. :[

p.s.
    These adjustments only apply to male characters. NGA

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    if it's only going to affect the mobs that have lower TP, I dont see it being so bad. The way I read it , absorbing while they have higher TP is gonna be untouched.
    The problem is when you wait to absorb until higher tp, you run the risk of them ws'ing and you getting 0 tp back.

Basically it forces you to risk it more, and it makes the risk worse.

It's bullshit.

But in a way it makes sense, how can you absorb TP if it has no TP?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shyla
    But in a way it makes sense, how can you absorb TP if it has no TP?
    You can't. You already can't. I don't even get it, it's like they're putting in an extra penalty for it having less tp.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    The problem is when you wait to absorb until higher tp, you run the risk of them ws'ing and you getting 0 tp back.

It's bullshit.
    So... it's actually... absorbing TP now. How about that?! It seemed pretty damn broken to me from the get-go, so I wouldn't consider this (imo: expected) "nerf" to be "bullshit." I would call it "fixed."

Now you get to use your brain and time when the mob has a larger amount of TP by paying attention to when it uses TP-moves. What a huge, utter let-down. Not like it matters in any Melee-burns or on HNMs. Just don't use the spell right after a mob TP's, and it's pretty much guarenteed to have an assload of TP by the time you cast.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's bullshit.
    Well they're buffing a new subjob for DRK and making more sense of the spell...don't see the big problem.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko

It's bullshit.
    So... it's actually... absorbing TP now. How about that?! It seemed pretty damn broken to me from the get-go, so I wouldn't consider this (imo: expected) "nerf" to be "bullshit." I would call it "fixed."

Now you get to use your brain and time when the mob has a larger amount of TP by paying attention to when it uses TP-moves. What a huge, utter let-down. Not like it matters in any Melee-burns or on HNMs. Just don't use the spell right after a mob TP's, and it's pretty much guarenteed to have an assload of TP by the time you cast.
    Can you guys read the rest of the posts before you respond?

You CAN NOT absorb more tp than the mob has. You never could.

They are adding an *EXTRA* penalty to not getting the timing perfect.

It is outright a nerf, not a fix.

Please know wtf you're talking about when you talk, thanks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Clam down, it's not like we haven't had plenty of time to master the timing of the spell.

Anyone who wasn't doing it right by now will just suck even more.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko

It's bullshit.

Can you guys read the rest of the posts before you respond?

You CAN NOT absorb more tp than the mob has. You never could.

They are adding an *EXTRA* penalty to not getting the timing perfect.

It is outright a nerf, not a fix.

Please know wtf you're talking about when you talk, thanks.
    Something released last patch, and adjusted in the next one because it was fucking broken = a fix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast