Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    Didn't SE say they were improving those anyway?
    And thus fulfilling the prophecy that SE wants SMNs to have more incentives to keep avatars out.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

SE says lots of things, but when they actually release new things, who knows.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

With summoning skill for the new meritable Bloodpacts, the only thing I'm expecting is a magical accuracy increase really.

If they surprise us with both accuracy and power for breaking the skill cap, I'm fairly certain I will ruin multiple pairs of pants.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So this has been asked before, but still hasn't been answered.

Does SMN AOE buffs hit other summoned Avatars? Would be nice to only need to use 1 dream shroud, or 1 crimson howl.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    So this has been asked before, but still hasn't been answered.

Does SMN AOE buffs hit other summoned Avatars? Would be nice to only need to use 1 dream shroud, or 1 crimson howl.
    I am pretty sure they don't, healing ruby 2 didn't hit another carbuncle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    The thing here is that you're assuming that WAR Warcry and mob Warcry are the same. They're not. The buff itself is the same, but the buff can have varying degrees of power based on how its executed.

Here's an example: Take a look at Slow. There is Slow1, Slow2, Hojo, and Spider Web (and probably others). These all have different potencies, and some will overwite others. Also, Haste will overwrite certain versions of these Slows, and not others (same with Refueling), when the Haste effect you're applying is greater than the Slow effect.

Also, see Protect/Shell spells.
    There are actually different spells, Spider Web is actually a TP move with Slow as an added effect.

From my experiance, if the mob uses Warcry or Berserk, it's the same as our Warcry/Berserk just thrown onto a much higher scale based on their Attack/Defence. This I can test by trunking a low level mob that uses Berserk and comparing it to a high level mob of the same type that uses Berserk.

To put it into perspective, On BLU/NIN eating Sushi at level 68, I Trunk'd a Dhalmel's Berserk and my attack went to different levels sometimes around 515 and sometimes 532. If the effect that the mob used was the same as our berserk I would have had somewhere in the 400s for attack. Given my food and equipment stayed the same, the effect of berserk should have been the same as well. This would show that the varying attack bonus assigned to the boost itself was absorbed, not just gaining the same effect as if I had just casted it. Unless different level mobs get an increase in power of effect.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

If I remember correctly, Dream Shroud doesn't boost Nether Blast by a lot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=13158&sid=29&stack=0

Summoning torque: 1 Million (already) Go go Price Gougers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

1mil on Titan too... 3 on AH. Would be kinda silly to buy one at that price since we don't know really the effect it has. (pat's my 5k one from 3 years ago which I kept)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I bought a SMN Torque ages ago when SE first hinted skill would matter. Kept it even though it never happened in case I ever got SMN that high.

Now, though, I feel like a schmuck for not getting extras when they were sitting around for 10K a piece.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    I bought a SMN Torque ages ago when SE first hinted skill would matter. Kept it even though it never happened in case I ever got SMN that high.

Now, though, I feel like a schmuck for not getting extras when they were sitting around for 10K a piece.
    Me too. Shit, I shoulda bought the AH out and left these on mules, I'd be selling them all now before people find out it'll probably do nothing ^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's prolly a good time to do the BC for them, I have a feeling they'll get up to 1.5 before the drop down to 200k by Christmas.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD

as i recall, the first time they announced it you were one of the first to price gauge... pot, meet kettle.
    he's not really insulting the price gougers. i knew this was going to happen and i was too lazy to get more.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    There are actually different spells, Spider Web is actually a TP move with Slow as an added effect.
    Spider Web itself causes Slow. There's no added effect. And its a potent Slow at that.

To put it into perspective, On BLU/NIN eating Sushi at level 68, I Trunk'd a Dhalmel's Berserk and my attack went to different levels sometimes around 515 and sometimes 532. If the effect that the mob used was the same as our berserk I would have had somewhere in the 400s for attack. Given my food and equipment stayed the same, the effect of berserk should have been the same as well. This would show that the varying attack bonus assigned to the boost itself was absorbed, not just gaining the same effect as if I had just casted it. Unless different level mobs get an increase in power of effect.
    Oh, I get what you're saying now. You're saying the actual effect you are absorbing when you take their Berserk is equivalent to whatever they're getting, rather than the calcuation behind it. That makes sense.

However, that doesn't mean a Dhalmel's Berserk effect can't be different from the Berserk effect a WAR can use.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Summoner's bracers just became one of the best dynamis pieces in the entire game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

LOL @ the price spike of the SMN Torque.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD

as i recall, the first time they announced it you were one of the first to price gauge... pot, meet kettle.
    Your history must be hazy, fog coming in from the harbor? When they originally announced it, I bought one off for 100k, sold it for 1.2m before price crashed and burned (around X-mas time), rebought in July '06.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Spider Web itself causes Slow. There's no added effect. And its a potent Slow at that.

Oh, I get what you're saying now. You're saying the actual effect you are absorbing when you take their Berserk is equivalent to whatever they're getting, rather than the calcuation behind it. That makes sense.

However, that doesn't mean a Dhalmel's Berserk effect can't be different from the Berserk effect a WAR can use.
    The only way to know if it was actually different would be to see the Dhalmel's actual attack numbers before, and after berserk. For example, Rams use Rage which gives the effect of Berserk, but more than likely at a different % change. I guess what I'm saying is that if a mob uses the same spell/ability we use, that it should be the same. If they use another ability which gives the same effect, it doesn't have to be the same.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

It's about damn time they made these changes. Smn could use a few more, but this is a good start. It'll definately help summoners be more generally effective and diverse in battles.

I'm not gonna worry about the smn torque now. I have enough skill with gear to break the cap and I use the sacrifice torque for attack BPs anyway. I find the price jack humorous as well (since we all knew it was coming), but it drops like candy in the BC, so any poor bastard could probably farm one up easily. Though it will be interesting to see the ratio of skill to actually buffage...or damage....or whatever the hell smn skill does.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The only way to know if it was actually different would be to see the Dhalmel's actual attack numbers before, and after berserk. For example, Rams use Rage which gives the effect of Berserk, but more than likely at a different % change. I guess what I'm saying is that if a mob uses the same spell/ability we use, that it should be the same. If they use another ability which gives the same effect, it doesn't have to be the same.
    I remember hearing about a website that contained all this data concerning mob Attack, Defense, estimated HP, etc. Anyone have a link?