+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Playstation to go online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Playstation to go online

About time. I still haven't experienced both console yet (360 & PS3), but I am informed that PS has more variety of games in general. How PS3 plans to innovate the online scheme for its games, will decide how good the online experience will be. I still support Xbox.

The PlayStation 3 will be "network ready" out of the box when it launches in November and will offer a range of services similar to Xbox Live.
    Source
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5402966.stm

I figured as much seeing how Xbox was aswell. I can't get into console games online like I can on PC.

Shooters will always triumph on PC in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Shooters will always triumph on PC in my book.
    Same here, online and single player shooters for sure are more enjoyable for me over PC than consoles. I remember playing Quake 3 Arena on Dreamcast. There maybe some accessories though that enable mouse use. Halo is a great game can't say anything else, its just not my type of gameplay. As for car games online/offline, I would defenetly say consoles are way ahead of PC. Project Gotham Racing FTW.

Did you ever play Flatout2? It came out not to long ago and I figured i'd..."aquire" it. I was kinda bummed my ps2 controller that I hook up to PC didn't work for it but the keyboards not bad.

For games like that, or third person stuff, if it's out for PC i'll always get it on that and use a controller.

But even like you said with M+KB hook up for console, PC is the way to go.

Haven't played Flatout2, I'll check it out sometime.

PS3 pics
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl...0955/img/1.jpg
    Heavenly Sword, being developed by Sony in the UK, is a key launch title for the PlayStation 3 console and will feature online play.
    Source: BBC

I can't afford one cause i'm moving and the first month is a BITCH.

But Assasin's Creed looks SICK!

Is this news....? I mean... I'm pretty sure this was already known...

Also... I don't know about anyone else... but my interest in surfing the web on my television is next to none. I've seen text on HDTVs, of which I don't have one and won't for a loooong time, but the text still isn't as clear as this $150 monitor I'm gazing at.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran

PS3 pics
    Heavenly Sword, being developed by Sony in the UK, is a key launch title for the PlayStation 3 console and will feature online play.
    That's either a cutscene pic or digitally enhanced. Sorry to burst your bubble.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by aurik

PS3 pics
    Either way, am I the only person not impressed by that still?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

given that there are exactly 2 different humanoid models used, color me also seriously underwhelmed by that SS.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko

PS3 pics
    Im not, reminds me of MK:Deception on the GC.

Does anyone remember the FFVIII previews that they hyped up and the game looked like...well....garbage.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It just looks like generic battle scene #129821903840

I'd love to see originality in graphics. Shame that developers are too scared because people are too pussy to play games with a hint of colour.

Sony hasnt showed us anything original, only that they're catering to graphic whores. Go nintendo!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Nintendo Wii > all.

Well in reality, it's the developers that are the ones to get games from, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, they have thier games yes, but majority are not made by them.

Well everyone is in the same boat the way I look at it. All Nintendo uses is old franchise stars Mario Zelda Kirby ect, and it's getting old. While Sony comes out with game after game like the last generation. And Xbox is trying too much to be like a computer in my eyes with all the FPS's and third person shooters.

I'm just goign to wait a solid year after the PS3 release date before I pick the one i want more.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

If you look at reality, people say they want something new and original, but really deep inside, people always want the same damn thing. Remember they tried to make Card based RPG's? And remember how much it sucked? People want Mario jumping on Goombas, they want Link fighting with Ganon, they want Samus saving a planet.

Btw, any games that are actually going to be good coming out on the PS3, you can get for Wii and 360. Pushing MGS4 to 2007 is something Sony will deeply regret at the time of the launch of PS3.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko

PS3 pics
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi ... /img/1.jpg
    It's not digitally enhanced, it's just HD graphic like the one you get in most game on xbox360.

I dont think those graphic were impressive either. They have decent lightning effect, but every game has those nowaday. Model looked kinda bad

Nothing beats 2D scrollers. When I got New Super Mario Bros for DS, I felt like I was 5 again.

Groovebox

that screenshot looks like it came from your run-of-the-mill korean mmo. The Wii is going to dominate this season because if anything, price and games... every single parent is going to be looking to buy a wii for their child. I'd even buy one if available (i'm not camping outside stores). I think xbox > ps3 imo, because of the windows vista compatibility and the independent game developer kit for the 360 coming out.