Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    The downside is, those defensive abilities aren't reliable enough to constitute a strong defense, Chakra's Recast will never be short enough to spam with, and our HP doesn't mean crap when you get hit like a truck anyway.
    You can stack a LOT of stuff to increase. Hell the best MNK item in the game has phys dam-5%. If you toss on the right gear MNK can take hits very well.
    If you toss on the right gear ANY melee job can take hits very well. What about if you had 40 defense? 5% damage reduction is gonna save you like 15 whole damage, because you're getting hit for 300+.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Anyways DRG with a melee sub was built for DD with hate shedding abilities. The irony is that to make up for that bonus they don't do a lot of damage. And thus don't need the hate shedding. Are you saying this makes sense?
    lol

You seem to misunderstand what I'm trying to say/do here.

And PUP needs both with how it currently works.
    PUP itself doesn't need any enhanced melee skills. They are entertainers, not battle-scarred, experienced fighters. That is why they have a pitiful C rating in H2H skill. I agree with the other guy. It's the Automaton that needs enhancement not the damn Puppetmaster.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Urrite, they don't do more damage than everybody aside from ridill wars (and even sometimes them.) Listen, don't try to say that currently the jobs are balanced.
    That's what theyre designed to do.
    So WAR/NIN is designed to cockblock every other melee DD from getting merits?
    Are you actually retarded or was this a clever ploy in hopes of a serious answer.

Lets call Mr. Colbert's Jew phone and find out!

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnuld
    You seem to misunderstand what I'm trying to say/do here.

And PUP needs both with how it currently works.
    PUP itself doesn't need any enhanced melee skills. They are entertainers, not battle-scarred, experienced fighters. That is why they have a pitiful C rating in H2H skill. I agree with the other guy. It's the Automaton that needs enhancement not the damn Puppetmaster.

California's Governor got my point and knows me as 'other guy.'
    I'm fucking awesome. :D

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Damn those WARs! Taking all the camps in Bhaflau!
    It's like there's no where else to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Squanto

I hope that's sarcasm.
    No, it's a fact. I was flagged and seeking for 9 hours the other day. WARs came, XPd and went... WARs who I know have far inferior gear to me.

Why do they get PTs? Because for XPing, Utsusemi > Everything.

It's broken. Regardless of how you look at it, it's broken. It's almost not worth even flagging as a 2 hand weapon user unless there are absolutely no dual-wielders seeking (including MNKs).

When I seek every day of the week, but the most XP I getin any given week is from farming Aura Pots on trigger runs, you know it's broken.

I realise that every job has its own "niche" to fill, that all jobs are designed to certain roles against certain monsters, and so on.

It just so happens that the jobs that can butcher the enemies ued to gain merit points the fastest are the jobs that get said merit points, and nobody else does.

There's more than a grain of truth to the statement that the function of WAR/NIN is to cockblock all the other melee DDs from gaining any merits.

Mamook ftw, the enhanced crit boomerang is so much fun
    I just wish there was better routes in Reef, I'd be so there for a mix of qutrub/lamia/bones.

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Squanto

I hope that's sarcasm.
    No, it's a fact. I was flagged and seeking for 9 hours the other day. WARs came, XPd and went... WARs who I know have far inferior gear to me.

Why do they get PTs? Because for XPing, Utsusemi > Everything.

It's broken. Regardless of how you look at it, it's broken. It's almost not worth even flagging as a 2 hand weapon user unless there are absolutely no dual-wielders seeking (including MNKs).

When I seek every day of the week, but the most XP I get is from farming Aura Pots on trigger runs, you know it's broken.

I realise that every job has its own "niche" to fill, that all jobs are designed to certain roles against certain monsters, and so on.

It just so happens that the jobs that can butcher the enemies ued to gain merit points the fastest are the jobs that get said merit points, and nobody else does.

There's more than a grain of truth to the statement that the function of WAR/NIN is to cockblock all the other melee DDs from gaining any merits.
    And SAMs cockblock my WAR out of wyrm fights, big deal.

Got friends? >_> I just happened to make friends with a lot of ridill users, but that's not like... stupid common.

I'm giving up arguing this. It doesnt matter and whether or not something like this needs to be adjusted is pure opinion anyways.

Incidentally, that was the nicest stuff I've ever heard people say about non-war non-mnk melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Got friends? >_> I just happened to make friends with a lot of ridill users, but that's not like... stupid common.
    fren pt onry.

I'm in Europe, most of my HNM shell (indeed, most of the server population) is not. I either get random pickup PTs of NAs or JPs being very early or very late, or I get XP when farming sky.

And yeah, I realise, it's people equating the maximum WAR/NIN build with what they will get from every AH-WAR out there. But when you are looking at the seeking list, all you see is a list of names, so people pick the WAR/NINs, because they the safe choice, because Utsusemi reduces or eliminates concerns over hate control, and dual wield is automatically better when speedkilling VT merit mobs.

And are you serious over the wyrm comment? Full Break is fucking godly.

I'm in Europe, most of my HNM shell (indeed, most of the server population) is not. I either get random pickup PTs of NAs or JPs being very early or very late, or I get XP when farming sky.

And yeah, I realise, it's people equating the maximum WAR/NIN build with what they will get from every AH-WAR out there. But when you are looking at the seeking list, all you see is a list of names, so people pick the WAR/NINs, because they the safe choice, because Utsusemi reduces or eliminates concerns over hate control, and dual wield is automatically better when speedkilling VT merit mobs.

And are you serious over the wyrm comment? Full Break is fucking godly.
    Full break is godly...for uh...all the people meleeing the wyrm? Usually people TP on adds

And you know that you can use a friends list to track people who you like who play in your time zone. Use that to put together pts: 2-3 people is usually enough of a core to set something up, then add a few random seeking war/nins and go get some merits~

23 years old

BG Level

Not godly enough to warrant me showing up on WAR over SAM. One of my jobs lend to tiamat losing 7% of its life upon landing, and it's not the one in the adaberk.

Edit: Nevermind the fact that tiamat takes hits like a bitch and dodges like my grandma.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Member of my LS has WAR MNK NIN and RNG all at 75 (alot of the bigger burn party jobs now or in the past), and she goes to Wyrm fights as a friend's WHM or does adds on NIN, seems like the balance between jobs works ok (we tank with PLD/NIN btw, so NIN/DRK is usually a backup)

Re: Square Enix and us people.

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    Ok guys…....

Most of you know that I was given the opurtunity to ask SE questions some times a year. Those questions will be forwarded to the people who know about it.
    Most of the time the Development Team. Also I got the offer that any plans, graphics you can send to me, and then they will be sent to the Development Team.
    You can write em in English and they will be translated into Japanese then and I will also get replies for those graphics then.
    Here are some quotes of the Emails.

This was regarding the Games Convention, the Forum Posts I gave them, as well as the graphic
    "
    Our development team is very keen to see your suggestions so I'm translating
    your documents and forwarding it to them.
    As you mentioned in your e-mail, if you have any detailed graphics or plans,
    I would very much appreciate it if you can send them to me.
    This is regarding the questions
    [quote:29688]
    We can't guarantee to have it done every month, but once you have a good
    selection of questions (between 10 to 20 perhaps) we are happy to work on
    them
    So I will get detailed answered finally.

Maybe we can open a separate Section in this Forum just for the Community=>Square Enix communication, since most Threads will die too quick on the BG site.
    Duno who is responsible for this though.

Anyway, I ask you all to get your brains working again (if you didnt smoke to much). If you have any good Ideas, explain them in graphics, plans or just write it down.
    If you have any questions please post them. If you have suggestions for the gameplay/botting/RMT whatever please post them.

An extra section in the Forum would give us the chance to discuss a few things separate as well as people wont have to register at one of my forums.

Take care,

Bercus[/quote:29688]

Thanks Bercus, can you pass this diagram onto SE for me,

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...orums/diag.jpg

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stick FFXI in your ass, SE?

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Stick FFXI in your ass, SE?
    that is one interpretation,

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    EQ had a solution to that... hold your hat... are you ready? They made a new zone... it was called... ready... The Bazaar. It was off a main city and easily accessible via teleports or teleport stones. Of course, not only would people bazaar mule there but people could pull up a list, much like the AH of all people bazaaring and their prices and it would mark a path to a bazaar that you pick so you didn't have to search through the hundreds and hundreds of people manually.

Stick a bazaar zone off Tavnazian Safehold, change the tavnazian ring to be 2 hour reuse, let level 1s use the outpost there, make an airship from Jeuno go there, let the warp taru optionally port you there and tada.
    Oh, I hope you don't misunderstand what I was saying. I was replying to someone else who said bazaar tax make any sense. Bazaar tax does it's purpose rather well. Rolanberry Fields (on Seraph) is a testament that fact.

I think that an entire seperate zone would work great. Although, I highly doubt S-E would actually do it. Still worth a shot though.

Increase the EXP Besieged gives. More incentive to fight and I assume the vast majority of players only do it once per day, if that. 3000 would be very nice.

Create something that will allow any one or two or three jobs to get 1000-3000 exp once per day. ENM is a good idea but due to the $ rewards it's something that should remain a once a week only activity. Make a daily thing that's similar and only gives EXP. One key would be that it shouldn't take a long time to do, 1-2 hours total. If it takes too much time people will skip it and just seek instead.

Take another look at NPC buying prices as certain items have become much more available as updates have progressed.

SE could get pull some stats and get a good handle on how often rare crafting items are dropped and/or sold at AH. Lower the Dynamis Goblin's selling prices to more reasonable levels but not too reasonable. Could help put RMT out of business, or at least make them hog Dynamis 24/7. It also gives people who aren't working on relics some incentive to put it to use insetad of Bazzing and hoping like 99% of people do.

Mix up NM's spawn times. Seriously SE, we know the spawn conditions for everything but AV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast