Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Square Enix and us people.

Ok guys…....

Most of you know that I was given the opurtunity to ask SE questions some times a year. Those questions will be forwarded to the people who know about it.
    Most of the time the Development Team. Also I got the offer that any plans, graphics you can send to me, and then they will be sent to the Development Team.
    You can write em in English and they will be translated into Japanese then and I will also get replies for those graphics then.
    Here are some quotes of the Emails.

This was regarding the Games Convention, the Forum Posts I gave them, as well as the graphic
    "
    Our development team is very keen to see your suggestions so I'm translating
    your documents and forwarding it to them.
    As you mentioned in your e-mail, if you have any detailed graphics or plans,
    I would very much appreciate it if you can send them to me.
    This is regarding the questions
    We can't guarantee to have it done every month, but once you have a good
    selection of questions (between 10 to 20 perhaps) we are happy to work on
    them
    So I will get detailed answered finally.

Maybe we can open a separate Section in this Forum just for the Community=>Square Enix communication, since most Threads will die too quick on the BG site.
    Duno who is responsible for this though.

Anyway, I ask you all to get your brains working again (if you didnt smoke to much). If you have any good Ideas, explain them in graphics, plans or just write it down.
    If you have any questions please post them. If you have suggestions for the gameplay/botting/RMT whatever please post them.

An extra section in the Forum would give us the chance to discuss a few things separate as well as people wont have to register at one of my forums.

Take care,

Bercus

Question: How come the answers they gave during the Tokyo Convention were completely different from the ones they gave you a couple months beforehand?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainsin
    Question: How come the answers they gave during the Tokyo Convention were completely different from the ones they gave you a couple months beforehand?
    At the Games Convention : noone from the Dev Team was present, noone seemed to have a clue
    At the TGS : Dev Team was answering

Do I need to say more?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Also, if you check what they did/said at the TGS, a few things came from my Interview, like the one Assault Mission where you kill in 5 minutes as many mobs as possible (EXP gainable), I know 5 minutes is not much but that was just an example.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Jponry

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

heh nvm

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vahnn

Jponry
    hehe exactly, also they were prepared for questions and prepared to talk about the game, future ectect. In germany they did do NOTHING during the Convention. 10 PCs for ppl to play the game. like sometimes 2 people were playing. A Interview with 4 people who dont really have anything to do with the game is also not that good. But having the option for NA/EU people to send questions to the Dev Team is something we can look forward to imo .

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

it is something to look forward to. hopefully they will be more intuned with the Na/Eu community also

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I re-read the entire interview and didn't find anything that conflicts with Bercus's interview.

How about meritable WS's that make the opposite (light instead of dark or dark instead of light) of what your normal unlocked ws. Not that they'd be much use in TP burns but it'd be nice for flexibility in case you end up making SC's.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

They keep talking how they want to bring blm back into normal xp parties, well that will never happen but......

If they want to make skillchains and MB's better, why not make mage weapons that take advantage of them. How long has it been that the best mage weapons are the 8 elemental staves? Isn't it time for something better?

An example would be you could have 4 elemental staves ( rare/ex so mages have something nice to show around ) that are based on lvl 2 skillchains. You could have something like a Maelstorm Staff that has all the benefits of an Ice staff and Water staff and does bonus dmg when MB'd with Distortion. Hell, have it drop off of Jorgumand since that kinda fits. 4 Wyrms, 4 staves. Have Bahamut drop the 2 best staves that represent the lvl 3 skillchains. But of course they couldn't do that since by design, 95% of all rare/ex drops from HNMs are for melee jobs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by levish
    I re-read the entire interview and didn't find anything that conflicts with Bercus's interview.

How about meritable WS's that make the opposite (light instead of dark or dark instead of light) of what your normal unlocked ws. Not that they'd be much use in TP burns but it'd be nice for flexibility in case you end up making SC's.
    My guess is that they don't want all jobs to be able to perform both sides of the spectrum there, but that's just my opinion.

As for a question: What information can they give us concerning crafting and going for HQs? Does crafting work similar to magic spells, in that, if you want a better result, you would synth on the same day/in the same weather as the crystal that you're using/face the direction of the star that corresponds to the crystal, much like you would get more damage from nuking with a spell on the same day/weather? Or does crafting follow different rules for it's results? Does day/weather/facing play ANY role in the results?

EDIT: Also, moon phase and results. Does Full Moon and/or New moon play a role in the results? If so, does it depend on the crystal as to which one is better (like Full moon for Earth synths and New Moon for Fire synths), or is it universal (Full moon for better HQs with any crystal, New moon for better success/skillgains, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    They keep talking how they want to bring blm back into normal xp parties, well that will never happen but......
    How about some sort of bonus exp for using skillchains and magic bursts?

Let's say:

Standard party average exp = 5k / hour
    TP burn party average exp = 10k / hour

So make it that if you perform a skillchain and magic burst on a monster, they will give 2x the experience.

To keep it from being too broken (TP burn party does a skillchain and the RDM bursts with a teir 1 nuke) make it so that the amount of bonus exp is proportional to the level of the skillchain performed and the power of the spell being bursted. Also, multiple magic bursts don't count, only the one that would give the highest bonus.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Someone suggested this, and it might possibly be the best thing for BLM ever.

Give Black Mages a new trait, that when you do a magic burst, you get a certain percentage of MP back based on your damage. So if it was 5%, if you did a 1500 MB you would get back like 75 MP. Thats probably the best way to encourage skillchains in xp/HNM without a massive damage boost or lower resist (beacuse most blm dont get horribly resisted anyway).

As for a separate forum for this type of stuff, you should probably ask sonomaa or someone to see if its ok. Im not an admin I can't do that stuff. You should probably describe what its purpose is other then I "I hope the dev team reads this" type of thing.

Fix BST back to how it was, and quit making BST a party job.

Or make Docile pet return our two-hour and it lasts for 2hours.

Nothing new, however I don't think this question has been directly asked to SE, and I feel they are important:

1. If identifying RMT is a problem, why don't you simply just buy a small amount of gil off major gil selling sites like IGE, and just ban the people who contact you? I believe this would be quickest way to shut down RMT, and their would be 0 risk of accidently banning a legit player (which has happened in the past). Ban the account, and ban anyone that uses the same credit card as that account.

2. Are you aware that since the initial 2,000 player ban a fewmonths ago, their have been 30ish new RMT (all rank1 bastok) levelling together in alliances, on each server? What do you intend to do about it?

Edit: (one more question i just thought of)

3. Could you create an official forum on the playonline website for us?One which the developers regularly visit. Blizzard has this for World Of Warcraft, and it has helped the developers get feedback and suggestions a lot more easilly. I think it would be very helpful for FFXI if the developers were not so alienated from the player base.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Send this in for the Beastmasters.

At Vanafesta2006 you said: "[ Beastmaster ] - [Experts at taming and controlling the most powerful of beasts.]
    Adjustments Planned: While there are no plans on adjusting aspects of solo play, adjustments are underway to widen the possibilities for
    party play."

New Jug Pets: Please grant us with more new jug pets that are easier to obtain. We mainly need pets that are proficient in Damage Dealing. Also, jug pets that use Enfeebling, & AoE Party enhancements would be a good idea. (e.g. A Dhalmel jug)

Current Jug Pet System Adjustments: Please remove or greatly expand the time limit on all jug pets. Most of the jug pets are not worth the 15 minute time limit for the prices they currently sell for.

Increase the level limit on all Jug Pets: Increase the jug pet level limit on all jugs so that BST are able to have all of the current jug pets to Level 75 with merits. Then, BST will be on equal terms with other pet jobs(DRG, PUP & SMN) which currently have Level 75 pets .

Please consider removing the exp penalty when you have a charmed monster: EXP penalties are one of the major changes that alienated BST from exp/merit point parties due to misconception from the masses. BST should be on equal terms with DRG, PUP & SMN and not recieve a penalty when fighting with a charmed monster.

[Increase the amount of monsters BST can charm: Beastmasters are "Experts at taming and controlling the most powerful of beasts." Let us BST live up to that quote and grant us the ability to charm Greater Monsters again: Wyvern, Morbol, Roc, Manticore etc. I understand you removed the ability to charm greater monsters in 2003, but the times have changed and we need to catch up and be on par with WAR and MNK. With Greater Monsters, charmed or as jug pets, the FFXI society may accept us as a regular party member once again. If you do add this, please make it so that only BST as a main job can charm the greater monsters.

[Greater Monster Jug Pets]: Please add Greater Monsters such as: Wyvern, Morbol, Roc, Goobue, Manticore etc. to be called by use of Pet Jugs.

New Abilties & Job Traits: Please give Beastmaster new damage dealing job abilities.
    [Example]
    New abilities & Traits like "Hasso" & "Seigan" that grants a bonus to attack speed, accuracy, and Strength when using one-handed weapons.
    Damage Dealing job abilities like Berserk, Aggressor, Warcry that you can share with your pet. (e.g. Pet Attack & Accuracy Bonus + Beastmaster Attack & Accuracy Bonus)
    Manipulate Trait]: A trait to enhance "Sic". When you use "Sic" together with the "Manipulate" job trait, you will be able to choose which pet ability/attack you want the pet to initiate.

Allow Beastmasters and other jobs to Skillchain with the BST pet: Much like the other pet jobs(DRG, PUP & SMN) and like Blue Mage, BST should be able to perform Skillchains with their pet's physical skills and Magic Burst with their pet's magical skills. Together with the "Manipulate" trait that enhances "Sic"(Allows BST to choose Pet skills when using "Sic") this can be a great new addition to Beastmaster.

[Example]
    1. BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Mandibular Bite"
    Pet Antlion uses "Mandibular Bite"...
    BST uses "Decimation" = Fragmention.

2. BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Claw Cyclone"
    Pet Tiger uses "Claw Cyclone"...
    BST uses "Spiral Hell" = Distortion.

3. BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Foot Kick"
    Pet Rabbit uses "Foot Kick"...
    SAM uses "Tachi: Kasha" = Gravitation

If Greater Monsters like the Ram were available to charm(BST main job only) and or be called by using jugs, BST would be able to make a Light skillchain.

4. BST uses "Decimation"...
    BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Ram Charge"
    Pet Ram uses "Ram Charge" = Light

At the current times, BST do not get party invites as much as the other jobs. We are considered to be one of the worst Damage Dealing jobs. If you grant us Damage Dealing abilities as well as more powerful pets, perhaps we can become considered a powerful damage dealing job and be invited to more exp parties, merit point parties, and HNM Alliances. We (The BST community) Are not asking to become the most powerful job. We just want to be accepted in FFXI as a good job on par with the other great damage dealing jobs.

Thank you.
    Thanks Bercus.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    As for a separate forum for this type of stuff, you should probably ask sonomaa or someone to see if its ok. Im not an admin I can't do that stuff. You should probably describe what its purpose is other then I "I hope the dev team reads this" type of thing.
    thats all up to the higher powers usually, I have only limited cosmis power

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnuld
    Allow Beastmasters and other jobs to Skillchain with the BST pet: Much like the other pet jobs(DRG, PUP & SMN) and like Blue Mage, BST should be able to perform Skillchains with their pet's physical skills and Magic Burst with their pet's magical skills. Together with the "Manipulate" trait that enhances "Sic"(Allows BST to choose Pet skills when using "Sic") this can be a great new addition to Beastmaster.

[Example]
    Pikachu, use Thunderbolt attack NOW!

Ninja edit: I'd be happy if I could blacklist items. Screw all those crystals and insect wings in mire PTs, give me Kseals!

- Shadida

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnuld

[Example]
    Pikachu, use Thunderbolt attack NOW!

Ninja edit: I'd be happy if I could blacklist items. Screw all those crystals and insect wings in mire PTs, give me Kseals!

- Shadida
    Nononono, as long as people's inventories fill up with worthless crystals, then the AH has those same crystals for 500-1k/stack, and none of the 7k-11k crystals stacks like before toau.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Give the option of stacking crystals to 99! Or damn autosort option.

And while on this subject. Mog house option to set homepoint and get rid of the damn "you should set your hp here". Make it like the ? for new adventurers, once you hit lvl 50, you are on your own.

Biggest change for the good would be enhancement items. You can recharge all items with CP, but the CP varies depending on the enchantment. So for really good ones, it costs a lot of CP to bring back up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast