+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NHL is back today bitches!!!!

Anyone else psyched about this as much as I am? Can't wait to watch Buffalo in a rematch against the Hurricanes as they race the Stanley Cup banner in their faces.

I really hope Buffalo embarrasses the crap out of them.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Ducks for the win baby

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hurricanes ftw.

However, I think it will be tough to repeat. The team is solid and a playoff team, no doubt... but others have improved (Philly, etc.). Not to mention there could be a letdown from having just won the Cup. ^^

In the meantime, I'll just cherish the memories of how quickly the faces of Sabres fans turned from glee to sorrow in the 3rd period of Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals last season.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

holy macaroni!

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    In the meantime, I'll just cherish the memories of how quickly the faces of Sabres fans turned from glee to sorrow in the 3rd period of Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals last season.
    I hate you.

"Boo"ing the yankees is more important tonight until they're done and cheering for the Twins.

Then hockey can start for me.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

woohoo, alright hockey!

My Canucks aren't gonna do shit this year. Watch out for Anaheim and San Jose in the west.

Buffalo in the East, even though I gotta cheer for the Canes, Brindamour is from my home town.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Oilers not making playoffs this year.

Toronto not making playoffs.

Carolina might not make playoffs.

Pittsburgh making playoffs.

lol I'm just talking out of my ass, but it would be sweet to see the pens do something this year.

GO GO FUCKING NHL WOOOOOOOT

GO GO HABS MOFOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kross

Pittsburgh making playoffs.

lol I'm just talking out of my ass, but it would be sweet to see the pens do something this year.
    Do they still have that young phenom?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

ya, I'd love to see the pens make the playoffs this year. hopefully when lolinjuredfirstpreseasongame Malkin comes back he'll be ovechkin/crosby like in his first year of play.

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

<3 hockey

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I know I'm from CA and all, but I don't wanna cheer on the Ducks or the Sharks.

Prediction is a Ducks / Sabres finals. :D

Pronger was a huge pick up for Anaheim.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco

lol already calling finals :D

Hockey season just reminds me baseball is almost over

Another season of NYR. oboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kross

lol already calling finals :D
    Hehe yeah. Would like to look up this thread in June and see how close/far off I was.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I hate you.
    I would be sympathic to them, but I had seats in the lower bowl for game 7 and I went up to the upper level during the 2nd intermission to visit a friend and ... oh... my ... god, the Sabres fans that were up there were running around out of control like complete idiots.

The contrast between those fans and the ones I saw leaving after the game was just so stark... it will stay with me forever.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Didn't he leave Edmonton because of his wife not wanting to be up there or some shit?

Yeah.. he's a beast though.

I hate you.
    I would be sympathic to them, but I had seats in the lower bowl for game 7 and I went up to the upper level during the 2nd intermission to visit a friend and ... oh... my ... god, the Sabres fans that were up there were running around out of control like complete idiots.

The contrast between those fans and the ones I saw leaving after the game was just so stark... it will stay with me forever.
    I came down for game 5...worst walk of my life back to the car after that game. Sabres were up 3-1 and ended up losing it in overtime. You speak of stark contrast...haha, all of the Canes fans were all quiet and sullen when we were beating the crap out of you and only then when you won were you guys cheering. It works both ways.

I love how people down in North Carolina are apparently shocked and dismayed at how they think Buffalo fans acted down there. Not every Buffalo fan is like that...so everyone who was generalizing is a hypocrite because they think we generalize up here about North Carolinians being NASCAR fans.

Fans are fans, yada yada yada. Not everyone in Buffalo is an asshole and not every in Carolina is a redneck or a NASCAR fan, what can I say?

What I will say though, is that the Hurricanes as an organization has alot to learn. What in the hell were they thinking passing out souvenir pint glasses for game 1? Did they not think people were going to smash them in the parking lot? Their website also sucks, with lots of outdated information and broken links, but that's another story.

Okay....sorry....needed to purge all of my anti-Hurricane sentiment. Really, I like North Carolina alot. My brother lives down in Raleigh and I may plan on moving there after I get married. I'll never cheer for the 'Canes though if they're up against the Sabres. :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hockey season just reminds me baseball is almost over[quote:0dddb]

hurrah

on topic, sens vs leafs tonight is going to be sweet.. one of the biggest rivalries. I hope they mess up that pretty boy alfredson
    [/quote:0dddb]