+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Groovebox

wtf @ lost season premiere

it fucking sucked

and I'm a fanboy

I didn't think it was that bad, the beginning was a big wtf moment <.<; the rest was only ok though.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I pulled out some hair after the first five minutes

Groovebox

yeah but like, season premiers are supposed to be exciting... this one I didn't even find interesting. The beginning was the big wtf moment, but really was it anything new? I mean, it didn't introduce the others or anything.... i dunno, not a big fan of that juliette bitch either, and it's been confirmed she's becoming a recurring character

Yea, it really lacked after the first 5 mins, but it did set the rest of the season up. Like why do they have an *SPOILERSLOL* aquarium there, and why did they have the bears in the cages etc. Also I'm hoping we find out who the others are this season *ENDSPOILERSLOL*

anyone know if it will get torrented? i missed it, freaking jp class

Groovebox

I'm sure it will be torrented tonight, but go fucking watch it on abc.com, it's free and fast... no download required.

didnt even know about that guess ill go watch it lol

I love the show, but the questions without answeres are starting to become staggering. Some answers would be nice. Season premier fell a little short for me as well, although the others like having like semi-normal residential setup on the island was kind of intruiging, as was the aquarium and bears. Im guessing thats where the Polar Bear came from in the first episode, always wondered wtf the deal with that was.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

In the words of a great man: "Do not make a show and have no idea where you are going with it, it will begin to suck VERY BADLY, VERY QICKLY"

Lost does to its viewers exactly what its name states, it looses them, shit it even looses the producers, they have no idea where they are going.

Xavier

I liked it.

Preview for next episode looks really hot too, lots of action.

Groovebox

Preview for next episode looks really hot too, lots of action.
    agreed, in fact I was hoping that the Sayid and Jin fuck the Others up would be in the premiere

The polar bear and shark thing didn't really need to be answered, we saw that in the dharma video when dr. candle mentioned zoology... I mean, no secret there imo.

I'll watch the show until it's cancelled though lol xD

I thought I read somewhere that its only gonna be around for 4 seaons total?

5 seasons was the plan.

but yea, can we get just SOME questions answered. They just keep stacking bizarre as fuck questions with very little rational answering. I'll keep watching, but like, WTF is going on anymore? we're past weird and surprising and are quickly approaching surreal.

At most there was five minutes of exposition. Man, life was good when I joined the bandwagon during season two as I could watch episode after episode of season 1 on DVD. Now that I am relegated to waiting each week it's been nothing but torture. I need my instant gratification, dammit!

There better be over 10 minutes of meaningful content in the next episode or else I am...awww, who am I kidding. I'll just take it in the ass along with everyone else. (or if that is your preference)

(or if you weren't expecting it.)

Yeah.. I watched both season 1 and 2 on DVD. This whole "commercials every 10 minutes and waiting a week for every episode thing" is gay.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Razeil
    anyone know if it will get torrented? i missed it, freaking jp class
    they re-air it on abc.com (dunno for how long though).

I liked the premiere, it got me excited for the rest of the season

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02
    we're past weird and surprising and are quickly approaching surreal.
    I accepted the series as surreal from the second episode where some offscreen monster grabbed a guy out of a cockpit (he was 30 feet in the air), tossed him around some, and ate him.

I think Lost has actually done a pretty good job of setting up mysteries and then slowly unravelling them. The whole Hanso Foundation video(s) in season two explained a lot, throw in some information on the Others (although not enough), they are advancing their mysteries. A good serial show like this should introduce mysteries as it solves old ones, or you'll be done with the show after a year.

I still haven't reached the point where I think the producers are lost, as they've had reasonable answers for most of their mysteries (although the cursed numbers are going to be hard to explain).

I still think the best serialized show of all time was Babylon 5, at least in terms of writing. (The acting sucked). It had a beginning, a setup, new questions asked, old questions answered, and things wrapped up nicely after Season 4. (Unfortunately, Season 5 was a huge, unsuccessful postscript).

The thing that bugged me most about the Lost season premiere was minor, but it really, really annoyed me. After Jack opened the door, exposing the room to literally tons of rushing water, he and Juliet were able to shut it again. This would not have been physically possible unless the water had already reached a level of equilibrium between the two chambers, which it clearly did not.

That aside, I actually liked the season premiere. Questions answered:

Where did the polar bear come from?
    Where did the shark with the dharma logo come from?
    What is "Henry Gale"'s real name?
    What was Ethan & Goodwin's connection to the Others?

New questions:
    Why are the Others living in what can only be described as a Rockwellian town on a jungle island?
    Who is Carl (who escaped with Sawyer) and where did he go?
    Why is there an aquarium and a zoo on the island? Clearly the others knew how long it took the bears to get the fish biscuit, how long have they been there? Why did they let the animal(s) go?
    What is going to happen over the next two weeks that is so unpleasant?

I'm probably missing some.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Why is there an aquarium and a zoo on the island? Clearly the others knew how long it took the bears to get the fish biscuit, how long have they been there? Why did they let the animal(s) go?
    Cause Dharma study animal according to the video. We don't know what they are studying exactly, but we know they are studying human/animal behavior in many differents situations

What was the bandaid Kate had in the shower room mwant. I wonder if they gave her some sort of electronic chips or something while she was unconscious

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They showed Jack and Kate both removing those from their arms. They took blood samples from them. No big secret; that's the primary spot for it and that's what the bandaging looks like. Which isn't to say they couldn't have slipped something in; just that the bandages were for taking blood.

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode for about 20 minutes of that hour. The rest was irritatedly waiting through commercials. I swear, it felt like 40 minutes of commercial and 20 of show. I'm not watching it on TV anymore, I'll record it and FF through the commercials. DVD recorder does a damned good job of holding quality.