+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The whole monster plot line seems like something they don't really know how to deal with. Almost like their thought when proposing the series to the network execs was "Hey, let's put a bunch of people (some of whom look good in very little clothing) on a deserted jungle island with a monster running around, and a polar bear, and a crazy French woman, and see what happens!" And now they've developed this whole other storyline with the Hanso Foundation and the Others, and have no idea what the hell to do with the monster that's mostly fallen off the radar.

It's the impression I got at first, but then you realize they couldnt have planned Ethan, the whole "hatch" thing, the crash's explanation. I'm sure not everything was planned from the beginning, but they must have a good idea if what they wanted since the beginning..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing that confuses me now has to do with the dharma initiative and the hatch.

So we know that pushing the button in the hatch isn't just an experiment (as was suggested in the episode where "the pearl" was discovered). And in the new episode the chick who's talking to Jack the whole episode says the dharma initiative is no more. So who dropped off the big load of food when we first saw the blast doors lower?

Do the others have a plane we haven't seen yet? Why do they choose to leave the apparantly important task of pushing the button to strangers? I think Ben knew how important it was since he pushed the button when Locke was trapped.

But then again he lied to Locke about not pushing it. Maybe Ben didn't want to die when the place went nuts after the countdown would reach zero, and Locke not entering the numbers was part of his plan all along. I wonder if the others needed the hatch to explode or whatever all along, but maybe didn't count on Desmond having the key.

I dunno, I'm talking in circles. I just started watching this, and watched all episodes (both seasons) last week and I know I missed a lot of discussion on older crap. What are the Hanso videos people have been mentioning? Anyone have a link to them or something?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They want the button to be pressed for sure, or they would have done something in thel past 2 years to stop it. With their ressource it wouldnt be hard to do. Why manually inputting it? I've no clue. It might be a part of their experiment, but maybe they trust the survivor to press it because they want it pressed just as much as them.

Until we know what happen exactly when its not pressed, it's hard to guess anything

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Until we know what happen exactly when its not pressed, it's hard to guess anything
    We already know what happen when it's not pressed, they explain it in episode 224. And if you remember it, the Irish guy made the flight 813 crash when he didn't press the button in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    And in the new episode the chick who's talking to Jack the whole episode says the dharma initiative is no more. So who dropped off the big load of food when we first saw the blast doors lower?
    She doesn't really say that.
    Jack: Is this one of their... station... the Dharma initiative?
    Juliette: They called it the Hydra.
    Jack: So you people are just... whatever is left of them?
    Juliette: Well that was a long time ago. It doesn't matter... who we were. And all it matters is who we are.

Even though the Dharma initiative doesn't exist like it used to be, that most of them left the island for who knows the reasons, and just left two people to push the button to "save the world", the Others are the remaining scientists from Dharma, and they sure as hell still active. They have American style of life (big house, etc.), water, electricity.

Now, about who dropped the food, it's probably some sort of ghost system on the island, like the "Shadow" , or maybe the Others themselves. Their fake leader (the one with the fake beard) tells to Jack when they meet in the jungle, that they are allowing them to stay in the island, probably to study them, or whatever, and so, they don't want them all to die...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah I see now...

But I still don't know if the others definitely wanted the button to continue being pushed. Ben told Locke that he didn't push the button and nothing happened (even told him about the red heirogliphics that appeared). When he pushed the button when Locke was trapped it was probably only to avoid being caught in the explosion (or whever happened). And he already knew a good amount about Locke somehow, and had to assume that Locke would want to see what happens.

I'm guessing that letting the button go was somehow part of their plan. I'm also starting to wonder if Ben getting caught was intentional.

What about the Hanso videos? I have a feeling I missed a lot.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

We already know what happen when it's not pressed, they explain it in episode 224. And if you remember it, the Irish guy made the flight 813 crash when he didn't press the button in time.
    Yes, we know a strange magnetic phenomena happen when it's not pressed, I've seen the show too. What I'm saying is that we still don't know the purpose or cause of that magnetic thing, and as long we don't know that, we can't guess if it's good or bad for the Other, or what they want.

Maybe the magnetic crap would stop by itself after a while, maybe it's the end of the world, maybe it would just affect the resident of the island, maybe it can be stopped from somewhere else.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, we know a strange magnetic phenomena happen when it's not pressed, I've seen the show too. What I'm saying is that we still don't know the purpose or cause of that magnetic thing, and as long we don't know that, we can't guess if it's good or bad for the Other, or what they want.
    Ben didn't seem too terribly alarmed at the end of Season Two when he saw the explosion from far away. So either he has a fantastic poker face (which we know he does), or it's largely irrelevant to them. I am really curious as to what happened there, as all three characters who were in the hatch when it blew up are in this season (Locke, Eko & Desmond), so they should all be somewhat healthy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If I recall correctly, the monster was "killed" wasn't it? Didn't they blow it up when it was pulling Locke? So, it didn't just dissapear, I think it was either hurt or destroyed. Or was that the shadow thing?

I think Ben got caught on purpose. But again, even if he was, his intentions for that are still unclear. However. We all remember he told Ana Lucía they thought she could change but she didn't... Maybe he was there to see if anyone else changed. To see if they became "good".

And a magnetic pull strong enough to crash a plane at the early stage seems powerful enough to at least throw something off balance if left unnatended if you ask me.

The guy that is in another cell remains mistery still. However, they made him apologize to Sawyer for asking him to escape with. Maybe he is one of them and was playing a practical joke on him, or maybe he is one of the stolen kids from maybe another group of people who's always been a rebel? (He seems fairly young, and remember not all the kids agree with the old people. Like Rousseau's daughter, Alex.)

x.x; It's only getting better, can't wait till tonight's episode.

Well, here's how they explain the whole thing, when Desmond finds Kelvin, drunk, under the floor, in front of the key hole:
    Quote Originally Posted by Episode 244
    Desmond: What was the incident?
    Kelvin: Electromagnetism. Geologically unique! The incident... there was a weak... so now it charges it up, and everytime someone pushes the button, it decharges it, before it gets too big.
    So I'm guessing the Dharma was studying the natural phenomenom, and the impact of it on animals (like we study nowadays, the effect on living in Space) in the big complex we see in 301. But "something" turned wrong, and they made the whole button thing, to regulate the charges going out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha
    If I recall correctly, the monster was "killed" wasn't it? Didn't they blow it up when it was pulling Locke? So, it didn't just dissapear, I think it was either hurt or destroyed. Or was that the shadow thing?
    Nah, right after they threw the dynamite inside the hole, they/you see for the first time, the shadow "running away" from them in the forest.
    I think Ben got caught on purpose. But again, even if he was, his intentions for that are still unclear. However. We all remember he told Ana Lucía they thought she could change but she didn't... Maybe he was there to see if anyone else changed. To see if they became "good".
    He already said, in one episode (can't remember which one, looked for the quote, but didn't find it yet) he was looking for Locke. It might have been a lie though, dunno.
    Also, here's the conversation between Ben and Locke:
    Quote Originally Posted by Episode 218
    Locke:Did you get caught on purpose? You and your people have been here for... God's know how long, and you got caught in a...
    Ben: God doesn't know anything.
    Locke: Excuse me?
    Ben: God doesn't know how long we've been here, John. He can't see this island any better than the rest of the world can.
    The guy that is in another cell remains mistery still. However, they made him apologize to Sawyer for asking him to escape with. Maybe he is one of them and was playing a practical joke on him, or maybe he is one of the stolen kids from maybe another group of people who's always been a rebel? (He seems fairly young, and remember not all the kids agree with the old people. Like Rousseau's daughter, Alex.)
    Yeah, it might be one of the kid, people, Rousseau is supposed to have killed 16 years ago.

And now I think about it, I know what this whole thing makes me remember to one thing, so here's my Lost Theory, lol: The Bermuda Triangle. I know it's in the Atlantic Ocean, here, and the island is supposed to be in the Indian Ocean or sometihng, but if you follow the first link, you can find another possible spot for the island: The Devil's Sea south of Japan, which could make a better match. Another spot would be The Formosa Triangle and this one, is full of small islands, on a very huge part of the ocean. Ok, I know it's no big new revelation...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ben didn't seem too terribly alarmed at the end of Season Two when he saw the explosion from far away. So either he has a fantastic poker face (which we know he does), or it's largely irrelevant to them. I am really curious as to what happened there, as all three characters who were in the hatch when it blew up are in this season (Locke, Eko & Desmond), so they should all be somewhat healthy.
    That's why I think the hatch isn't that important, despite the big magnetic thing going on. I think Other would care more about it if they wanted it to now blow up. They seem more interested by people than by the hatch or strange stuff on the island.

Locke/Desmond/Eko were signed for this season, so they are alive and healthy for sure. I'm almost certain I read the 4th episode of this season will be about them

So I'm guessing the Dharma was studying the natural phenomenom, and the impact of it on animals (like we study nowadays, the effect on living in Space) in the big complex we see in 301. But "something" turned wrong, and they made the whole button thing, to regulate the charges going out of i
    The button itself is still a joke tho. They could have made something automated that doesnt require to be pressed every 2 hours. The story they told might hold some true, but it was at the same time too simple to be real.

I'm making a new thread if you're interested in the answers we've been talking here, lol.
    So who dropped off the big load of food when we first saw the blast doors lower?
    Here you can find like 23 theories about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    I'm making a new thread if you're interested in the answers we've been talking here, lol.
    So who dropped off the big load of food when we first saw the blast doors lower?
    How bad are the spoilers in that other thread, like on a scale from 1-10? And will it effect the main story? I'm scared

Also, who watched tonights episode? I lol'd when jack said you should have picked anybody else but the red socks if you want me to believe you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Anyone know where is the fastest place to get torrent for tonight episode. Dont point me the website, cant watch it there unless you are from USA.

It's not up on all the torrent sites that I normally use yet, but it's normally up in a few hours after it ends, last episode was up within 2 hours after it ended.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Unklemonkey
    It's not up on all the torrent sites that I normally use yet, but it's normally up in a few hours after it ends, last episode was up within 2 hours after it ended.

Yeah, I usually get it around midnight, and download take 5hours. However, I can rarely watch it till next day...which kinda suck >_> That's why I was asking if there is a place where I could download it before.

I edited the link in my previous post, posted wrong torrent.

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/88174 ... D_XOR_eztv

I'm not sure if it's a hoax (kinda early), but it say S03e02

So like I just saw the first 5 minutes of the second episode and accidently changed the channel when connie came down the ladder and explained to ben and juliet about the sailboat sayid, jin, and sun are on. Did i miss anything special before the commercial break? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unklemonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    How bad are the spoilers in that other thread, like on a scale from 1-10? And will it effect the main story? I'm scared

Also, who watched tonights episode? I lol'd when jack said you should have picked anybody else but the red socks if you want me to believe you.
    The spoilers aren't THAT bad, they only talk about the Dharma Initiative and such, no spoiler on season 3 at all, of course.

I'm not sure if they'll reveal them in season 3 because they don't talk about the Others, and the Others were/are part of the Dharma, so yeah... On a 1-10 scale, 10 being high spoiler, I'd say it's around 8, lol.