+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just played Gears of War at the Texas Chainsaw sneak preview

Just saw The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning sneak preview and it was pretty good. But afterwards they booted up 8 LCDs with a XBOX360 running a near final version of Gears of War and we got to play right there in the theatre!!! It was split screen per lcd so 2 matches of 4v4 going on. There was also one player up on the big screen so the left side was only 3v4.

We got called up to play so me and my friend went up there and were chosen to go on "The Cog" which is the human side. You use A to duck behind cover and you can press A again when facing another piece of cover to roll there. Holding down A while moving will make you sprint. The 4v4 matches were pretty fast but your opponent took a ton of hits to die. I was mvp, we won 3-2 and I got 6 kills and 2 deaths.

You start off with a assault rifle, a shotgun, some nades, and a pistol. You can pick up a sniper or rocket launcher in the level. Cover is huge in this game and I can see in a clan war, the 4v4 lasting A LONG TIME. The best way to kill someone is to use your chainsaw. You cut them right in half but it leaves you open to be shot or chainsawed yourself. In the 5th round I killed the last guy by chainsawing him. You can revive certain fallen teammates if they haven't been mortally injured using X. But your opponent can shoot them again and kill them or walk up and press X to kick them in the face to kill them. The controls were kind of confusing, but I think it was due to it being split screen.

With the way this game works, I can see why they aren't doing 8v8. 4v4 is going to be tough and exciting. Fucking awesome!!! The graphics are insane, after seeing them I could see Killzone 2 looking in game exactly the way it did in that video. It was by far the best looking game I have EVER seen running in 1080p. It will probably look nicer then the upcoming Crysis for the PC.

Re: Just played Gears of War at the Texas Chainsaw sneak pre

Quote Originally Posted by cravygravy
    You can revive certain fallen teammates if they haven't been mortally injured using X. But your opponent can shoot them again and kill them or walk up and press X to kick them in the face to kill them. The controls were kind of confusing, but I think it was due to it being split screen.
    So if you're said fallen player, you have to lie and wait for someone to heal you or be kicked in face until you can play again? This is more like a CS-style fight set-up where you get one "life" per round without re-spawns?

Edit: Spelling.

Old Merits
    BG Level

This game is the main reason I am considering buying a Xbox360 in the near future. So many things to buy, I wish I had an unlimited budget lol.

Does it have any real single player campaign or is it gonna be just like CS? And when does it come out?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Does it have any real single player campaign or is it gonna be just like CS? And when does it come out?
    It comes out November 7th and the single player campaign is like 10~15 hours I heard? They showed us one of the single player levels. And if you just get shot enough to get knocked down you are alive for maybe like 1minute then you die. But during that time you can be revived. If you get head shot, chainsawed, shot enough times, you are dead for good and you spectate. I couldnt head shot anyone with the regular gun but I did see someone head shot someone with the sniper rifle. I was shooting a lot of the guys in the head cause I thought I could 1 shot them but it didn't work or in this build it didn't work for some reason.