Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Please...Read his whole post in before saying anything about price.
    yes 500m is ALOT...but one of IRON rules is that you mention your price or your post gets deleted...and since it's first and only kaiser body...it's hard to give it a price...so 500m was just so the post doesn't get deleted...but his REAL price is 300m...for some people that's alot...to me too...but it costed him 180m+...like he said in his post he would sell it for 30m if he was lucky and HQ'd it in his very first few attempts...like some people on these forums did.

about the Valefor kaiser...how much you think it costed him? /doubt more than 30m.

i posted this just so everyone knows that this is the first real kaiser on bismarck...NOT to start a price war.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Heh the 2 Kaiser Bodies in cerberus were sold for 10m in late 04 early 05 second one was sold for 20m late last year. Ironically both were made by the same person.

While understandable considering the investment, 300m is way to high. His argument was because he invested 180m and wants to recoup his investment + some profit. But that is why its considered a RISK. Just like any business investment there is risk involved. Had he gotten the -1 in the 1st 10 attempts he could sell it for 80-100m and make a ridiculous return. Unfortunately thats not the case. Sadly that will not sell for 300m and its safe to say it wouldn't sell for 150m either. His only option is use for himself or sell for a reasonable amount and recoup some of his investment.

My server has a similar situation. Cherria with his crafting mules (has all crafts 100) made a -1 Dalm. Unfortunately hes had the -1 dalm for months on end trying to sell for 150m but the highest offer hes recieved is 1/2 that. He is most likely stuck with it unless he bites the bullet and swallows the loss.

Both cases are plauged with a limited market bound by those that can obtain the abju.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

He got 300m offer (gil+items) the first day he made it...but he said no.

now there is a guy who wants it for 200m...but he said no too.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtftaru

Your server needs more people to rmt, then get a life.

It's not an issue of how much it costs, it's an issue of how much people will pay. If your server has people offering 200m then more power to you, but do you think the buyers really care how much it cost?

LOL the guy who made it is stupid then. I know for sure on my server that wouldnt sell for over 50m. Its a stupid synth to try to hq unless you're making it for somebody you know or yourself.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    It's not an issue of how much it costs, it's an issue of how much people will pay. If your server has people offering 200m then more power to you, but do you think the buyers really care how much it cost?
    I agree

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Then he is either a complete total moron, is lieing, or doesn't want to sell.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana

That or the two people who offered that were infamous shitheads.

But still, lol300mil

Good to know that there are still people out there who understand how the crafting market works. I attempted to explain how 300M was ridiculous several times on IRON's forums, to only receive flame responses about how wrong I was. People just don't understand that with the way the economy is, many things are not worthwhile synths, and just because you made one does not mean that the price you need to cover your nut and make an insane profit is justifiable. I guess I was preaching to the wrong choir. /em only posts on BG forums from now on, where crafters know what they are talking about.

-Aces

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana

That or the two people who offered that were infamous shitheads.

But still, lol300mil
    I'd sell a Cursed Cuirass-1 to Lance...

Lance: YEAHHHHHHH FULL KAISER NIGGAAAAA PLZCHECKIT!!!!!!
    Nynja: YEAHHHHHHH PAID CASH ON A BRAND NEW MANSION RIGHT NEXT TO ELISA DUSHKU (daaaaamn hawt fyi). THANKS !!!!!

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

There was a cuirass-1 for 30m on kujata around a month or 2 ago and the only guy who has it uncursed right now got his for 5m iirc.

300m, I'd sell in a heartbeat.

I'd actually like to make a cursed hauberk -1, but the NQ sell soooooooooooooo f**king slow it's nearly impossible.

Due to that scenerio, I would say 300m would be reasonable, since it's the piece that every single DD person wants.

I can guarantee one thing though. I'd be firm at 300m only because it's no love loss if I uncursed it. Currently I don't think one's ever been made on Odin before, as only less than a dozen NQ's have passed on ah yet, unless there's some lucky JP that has one maybe.

Cursed Hauberk-1 I think you could get 100m for. I don't think anyone would pay more than that anymore, unless you're on Asura maybe.

Most likely not by today's prices your probably right.

300m at the time I figure to be about 75m-100m now, roughly 1/3 or 1/4 ratio than at the time of inflation. 25%-33% seems to be about the price items were selling for during inflation, at least about that.

Deflation makes the bank look so damn small doesn't it? I got semi burnt a bit, about 2 months ago I picked up a KC and Speed belt. If I would had waited I'd have saved about 20m together, which is a decent amount in todays deflation cycle.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Cursed Hauberek-1 seems like the only big money seller imo. Its just that good of a body piece on the most popular job atm (war) and the fad of the moment dekced out drks for KC spam.

That being said, with todays prices It wont sell for 300m (like was mentioned b4) but I'm pretty sure you could sell it anywhere from 80-150m (depends on your servers economy). That'd be a good risk to take if you have the pockets to withstand it. Brun thru synths till you make it and hope you get lucky. Waiting for NQ's to sell would take you forever.

Mikejustice what server do you play on?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

if noone can readily make another -1 i dont see how you can say its asking to much. if theres only one floating around and noone is popping more out to compete with his price than its fair.

someone will eventually go, "shit noone else is making these, its a sure bet as opposed to me spending the same amount of gil trying to HQ one myself and ending up with NQ's" and buy it for whatever price.

if you really want to make him sell it lower go spam the body synths to hopefully bust out another HQ which will make him have to compete with you to selling it.

i mean look at the people who buy game systems off ebay for 1500-2000 dollars when the system costs 300-400 at release. are they idiots yea, but those same idiots play this game as well lol. lacking patients is one of the major ways of someone making big bucks in capitalism

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

No such thing as a right price. If he sold it to someone for 300mil sounds like the right price to me if im the crafer. Items like that there is no concrete market for therefore setting a "fair price" is null and void.

It'd be very tempting to sell, and I'd do my best to get 300m or more if I ever made one. Honestly though, I'd probably uncurse it myself. Realistically, the breakdown is as follows:

- 2.5m ish to make on Odin (I'm on odin )
    - There's a near zero market for NQ, even at breakeven price.

2.5m x 100'ish = 250m less breaks.

You might HQ 1, you might HQ 2, you may not HQ at all. That is very possible.

I have faith this demand will change if SE makes the changes to abjs like they said they may. Whether this happens, and E. Body included, dunno. We can only hope since this piece has been a dead market forever.

I wouldn't be willing to sit on 250m worth of NQ just for a shot at HQ.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    if noone can readily make another -1 i dont see how you can say its asking to much. if theres only one floating around and noone is popping more out to compete with his price than its fair.

someone will eventually go, "shit noone else is making these, its a sure bet as opposed to me spending the same amount of gil trying to HQ one myself and ending up with NQ's" and buy it for whatever price.

if you really want to make him sell it lower go spam the body synths to hopefully bust out another HQ which will make him have to compete with you to selling it.

i mean look at the people who buy game systems off ebay for 1500-2000 dollars when the system costs 300-400 at release. are they idiots yea, but those same idiots play this game as well lol. lacking patients is one of the major ways of someone making big bucks in capitalism
    You can believe this but reality shows otherwise. You can logically conclude it in reverse. If such item could be sold for 300m then more people would craft it to in hopes to cash in. In an inflationary period this would be plausible, in a deflationary period which we are in its damn near impossible. Yes someone will eventually say heck ill buy it, but then again eventually is timeless. Next week next month next year etc So i say gg