Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    if noone can readily make another -1 i dont see how you can say its asking to much. if theres only one floating around and noone is popping more out to compete with his price than its fair.

someone will eventually go, "shit noone else is making these, its a sure bet as opposed to me spending the same amount of gil trying to HQ one myself and ending up with NQ's" and buy it for whatever price.

if you really want to make him sell it lower go spam the body synths to hopefully bust out another HQ which will make him have to compete with you to selling it.

i mean look at the people who buy game systems off ebay for 1500-2000 dollars when the system costs 300-400 at release. are they idiots yea, but those same idiots play this game as well lol. lacking patients is one of the major ways of someone making big bucks in capitalism
    You can believe this but reality shows otherwise. You can logically conclude it in reverse. If such item could be sold for 300m then more people would craft it to in hopes to cash in. In an inflationary period this would be plausible, in a deflationary period which we are in its damn near impossible. Yes someone will eventually say heck ill buy it, but then again eventually is timeless. Next week next month next year etc So i say gg
    Yea but you aren't the person selling it, they might be willing to wait.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I dunno about you but if someone burned 180m gil like he did to get the -1 I dont think we wants to wait to long Again I say gg, and gl.

That's why it's dumb to synth for HQ. You synth between one and three, knock about 30-35% off the price that it cost you to make it, and bazaar them in Rolanberry till they sell. If they don't sell, you keep waiting until they do. Then you wait longer. Finally whey they've sold, you do 3-4 more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    That's why it's dumb to synth for HQ. You synth between one and three, knock about 30-35% off the price that it cost you to make it, and bazaar them in Rolanberry till they sell. If they don't sell, you keep waiting until they do. Then you wait longer. Finally whey they've sold, you do 3-4 more.
    Pretty much what I do. On my 8th Cursed Hauberk now. 7NQ and one failure. For some reason I've sold 2 in about 3 days time now and one of them actually sold on the AH.

How much of a loss is it for you guys? Here on sylph its a 1.5 mil loss for NQ.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel
    How much of a loss is it for you guys? Here on sylph its a 1.5 mil loss for NQ.
    I lost about 600k on the first one but it's cause I made it from scratch with a D ingot (3m+the additionall crap of about 600k). Could have been almost break even if I just bought the Hauberk. 2nd one I sold in rolanberry bazaaring for 2.5m.

D ingot just took a dive now though. Dropping down to 2.5mish.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    if noone can readily make another -1 i dont see how you can say its asking to much. if theres only one floating around and noone is popping more out to compete with his price than its fair.

someone will eventually go, "shit noone else is making these, its a sure bet as opposed to me spending the same amount of gil trying to HQ one myself and ending up with NQ's" and buy it for whatever price.

if you really want to make him sell it lower go spam the body synths to hopefully bust out another HQ which will make him have to compete with you to selling it.

i mean look at the people who buy game systems off ebay for 1500-2000 dollars when the system costs 300-400 at release. are they idiots yea, but those same idiots play this game as well lol. lacking patients is one of the major ways of someone making big bucks in capitalism
    The problem with the 300mil price isn't the supply end, it's the demand end. Unless you're going for e-peen Kaiser set, the HQ is pretty much useless. For a lot of pld's koenig body is just a jeuno piece for them, HQ wouldn't change that at all. There are probably only 0-2 people per server that would want an HQ body and them having 300mil anytime soon in this economy is unlikely.

Not to mention by this economy, it's approximately 336m to pay for the currency to upgrade a relic now. At least by a price of 2m per 100 piece.

300m Cursed -1 vs 336m full relic, doubtful cursed -1 would hold up, but I'd take 200m. :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's a bitter pill to swallow as a crafter, but unfortunately you made a very cool item that has little demand at the wrong time, as it appears deflation of the economy has eaten all of your profit and then some.

The main reason its stupid to go for that hq is the body dont drop much. When the body does drop theres a high chance that a poor paladin will get it anyway lol. Most people who would buy the HQ already have the NQ anyway and i doubt they would waste points on +1.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesjustice
    Not to mention by this economy, it's approximately 336m to pay for the currency to upgrade a relic now. At least by a price of 2m per 100 piece.

300m Cursed -1 vs 336m full relic, doubtful cursed -1 would hold up, but I'd take 200m. :D
    Who the hell would want an Aegis when you can have 1 more def, vit and chr! (and 1 less str and dex >.>).

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwoll
    There was a cuirass-1 for 30m on kujata around a month or 2 ago and the only guy who has it uncursed right now got his for 5m iirc.
    hey i know him lol

Someone crafted one on Pheonix a couple weeks ago, sold it for about 80 mil if i remember right.