Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    BLU can take magical damage better than any other job.
    Even better than a PLD with Aegis, d.ring, and full merman gear and accessories? Or full Amir, whichever of the two reduces magical damage more.
    All the PLD wearable MDB/Magic Damage-% is BLU wearable aside from Aegis. Aegis is...well a relic. You can stack the same stuff on BLU as PLD mostly, and in addition you have Magic Defense Bonus and Saline Coat.

BLU can also wear hexerei cape lol
    If Amir set reduces magic damage more than merman set, then PLD has that advantage, too.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewto ... c&start=60

Its shit.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by safer
    low levels blu is a very viable tank... maybe till like 40ish max though idk
    My bf as blu main tanked with my war til in the 30s. It actually worked out pretty well.

I do think that SE might have been thinking blu as tanks and having them spam things like headbutt for hate. But I think it'd take us a long while to figure out how to use them as such.

Old Merits
    BG Level

On Paper, BLU makes a great tank. But SE still thinks that things like Cocoon's Def actually make a difference in endgame activites.

Personally, I want Geomancer, able to learn spells while fighting on certain ground, kinda like a BLU, And after learned they have a large bonus if you're on that ground.

Elementalist would be a great job. BLM is the only real magical damage dealing/bursting job. I think another nuking job would help the game as a whole, Especially if some of the ideas to make MB more useful to the pt were implemented in a fashion [listed in another thread].

Personally I want a Mystic Knight class, with Enfire II and III, ect. That was one of my favorite jobs from the old FF series. If you didn't play FFV, Steiner was kinda a Mystic Knight in FF9 when Vivi was around.

The game definatly needs another viable tank. Unless SE thinks that Seigan is going to make SAM the new tank for everything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    On Paper, BLU makes a great tank. But SE still thinks that things like Cocoon's Def actually make a difference in endgame activites.

Personally, I want Geomancer, able to learn spells while fighting on certain ground, kinda like a BLU, And after learned they have a large bonus if you're on that ground.

Elementalist would be a great job. BLM is the only real magical damage dealing/bursting job. I think another nuking job would help the game as a whole, Especially if some of the ideas to make MB more useful to the pt were implemented in a fashion [listed in another thread].

Personally I want a Mystic Knight class, with Enfire II and III, ect. That was one of my favorite jobs from the old FF series. If you didn't play FFV, Steiner was kinda a Mystic Knight in FF9 when Vivi was around.

The game definatly needs another viable tank. Unless SE thinks that Seigan is going to make SAM the new tank for everything.
    It wasn't the Enfire II and III I liked, it was the Enbio, Enholy, Enflare, Ensilence, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nah, they just need to give Red Mages higher-level en-spells or an ability/item that will greatly (double and triple) en-spell damage. Those assholes owe it to us. >_<

And while I'm thinking about it, give Red Mages Runic too.

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind
    i still see a "time traveling" (hallo, wow) expansion in the future, where this job would be released. batalia downs, sauromugue champlain, beaucedine glaciar, tavnazia... these are all zones which would be pretty neat to go back in time with.
    Oh hell yes. Could go back to the times of Sauromunge when the taru wizards obliterated the place...make some missions where you are in the middle of it, etc.

i still see a "time traveling" (hallo, wow) expansion in the future, where this job would be released. batalia downs, sauromugue champlain, beaucedine glaciar, tavnazia... these are all zones which would be pretty neat to go back in time with.
    Forget going into the past.

Give me a future where Vana'diel is the World of Ruin instead. Windurst sucks the entire area around the Federation mana-dry and nukes the Yagudo into radioactive dust. Windurst is now a dried out wasteland and the Star Tree a dead, hollow husk. Bastok turns into a mutant wasteland from Cid's science-gone-wrong. San d'Oria is now an Orcish nation and the Elvaan are living in Ordelle's caves, hunted like dogs by the beastmen they scorned.

And of course, we get a whole mission storyline to prevent it from happening. Put in Time Mage with that.

Stuff like "Age" could be used as a temp buff for PC's, too. Stat boost as if they'd leveled up for a brief period. Ditto "Youth" as a level-down...but either one could only be cast on an unaggroed target.
    Yeah, it'd be pretty cool even though it'd NEVER HAPPEN.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth

Give me a future where Vana'diel is the World of Ruin instead. Windurst sucks the entire area around the Federation mana-dry and nukes the Yagudo into radioactive dust. Windurst is now a dried out wasteland and the Star Tree a dead, hollow husk. Bastok turns into a mutant wasteland from Cid's science-gone-wrong. San d'Oria is now an Orcish nation and the Elvaan are living in Ordelle's caves, hunted like dogs by the beastmen they scorned.

And of course, we get a whole mission storyline to prevent it from happening. Put in Time Mage with that.

Stuff like "Age" could be used as a temp buff for PC's, too. Stat boost as if they'd leveled up for a brief period. Ditto "Youth" as a level-down...but either one could only be cast on an unaggroed target.
    Yeah, it'd be pretty cool even though it'd NEVER HAPPEN.
    Nah, if a World of Ruin situation were going to happen, there'd be no going back. You couldn't save the world in FF6, it'd seem a cop out if you could save it in FFXI. Down with Vana'diel!

It'd give them an excuse to completely change 3 kings, remove sea, etc.

Go back to Zam.

I think the past would be a cool way to introduce more ancient weapons and spells. It would provide another chance for SE to introduce weapons and armor that are a tier above the Ridill's and Koenigs etc. that we are still fighting over now.

Nah, if a World of Ruin situation were going to happen, there'd be no going back. You couldn't save the world in FF6, it'd seem a cop out if you could save it in FFXI. Down with Vana'diel!

It'd give them an excuse to completely change 3 kings, remove sea, etc.
    It worked in Chrono Cross, it'll work here. Plus it'd give us another nice ubercrack boss or three for all the endgame LS'es to pick on.

After all, failure only means the future refuses to change.

Jump forward 50 years to the world a year post-"Ruin", get the key information to discover the points at which the disasters occur (if you really wanna, make these Dynamis-like timed events), jump back to the events, stop them from happening, save the future. Win. Oh, and get some neat loot doing it. Fail to fix all the disasters, and the world stays a ruin.

Cataclysm obliterates the Yhoator and Xarcabard crystals, geography rearranges itself so Ruin-era La Theine(Ordelle's)-Ronafure-Ghelsba, Windurst-Sarutabaruta-Tahrongi(Maze), and Bastok-Gustaberg-Highlands(Gusgen) are the only zones available in the Ruin areas. Monster levels go through the roof (ToAU level areas). Forget any large-scale player race population...it's a mean new world and if you're lucky, the goblins might buy your stuff. The rest looks like Promathia tore the place up and the remaining children of Altana are hiding in the dungeons (Ordelle's/Maze/Gusgen) now.

The problem with going into the past is that it has this nasty tendency to alter the present. Altering the future you can mess with it all you like.

Jump forward 50 years to see Sky, Behemoth's Dominion, Valley of Sorrows, and Dragon's Aery still overcamped like a litter of piglets pushing one another out of the way to suckle on mother hog's teet.
    Fixed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I think the past would be a cool way to introduce more ancient weapons and spells. It would provide another chance for SE to introduce weapons and armor that are a tier above the Ridill's and Koenigs etc. that we are still fighting over now.
    The past would suck. All the BLMs would be casting Burst and Freeze. Everyone would be spending T.Whiteshells, O.Bronzepieces, and 1 Byne Bills. Except out east, they'd be using beastcoins. The beastmen kings and Cemetery Cherry would just drop normal logs. The papyrus needed to pass G1 could be found anywhere. MNKs could use any simple brass ingot to upgrade their AF. People could turn in a plain lump of rock salt for their opo crown. And you could just grab any random person's house keys to turn in for your Evoker's Ring.

The past would suck. All the BLMs would be casting Burst and Freeze. Everyone would be spending T.Whiteshells, O.Bronzepieces, and 1 Byne Bills. Except out east, they'd be using beastcoins. The beastmen kings and Cemetery Cherry would just drop normal logs. The papyrus needed to pass G1 could be found anywhere. MNKs could use any simple brass ingot to upgrade their AF. People could turn in a plain lump of rock salt for their opo crown. And you could just grab any random person's house keys to turn in for your Evoker's Ring.
    Good point. I say we push for them to make the next expansion just like Hello! Kitty's Island Adventure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jump forward 50 years to see Sky, Behemoth's Dominion, Valley of Sorrows, and Dragon's Aery still overcamped like a litter of piglets pushing one another out of the way to suckle on mother hog's teet.
    Fixed.
    As long as a Ridill comes out of one of those teets you can call me Wilbur.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Fixed.
    As long as a Ridill comes out of one of those teets you can call me Wilbur.
    I miss the days when I was pretty much the only WAR/NIN in my HNMLS. We had a debate on who would get ridill if it dropped, me or the DRK. lol Then again, I was severely underestimated because no one thought WAR/NIN could do anything back then.

Now there's a whole lot more people at those teets.

Fixed.
    See my post prior to yours. Personally, I'd be happy to hear all of those areas were consumed in hellfire, along with their eternal HNMLS inhabitants...and if you COULD get there, it'd be full of fomor/shade type mobs all called "Spectral adventurers" just sitting there, camping nothing but piles of HNM-shaped bones and linking zonewide if you aggro even one of them cause one of the living showed up to "steal their claim". Get broken (literally as in crushed/smashed/broken) versions of the local HNM's items off the biggest ones that you could take back to the present and have reforged/upgraded along the same lines as relic gear until you have your very own shiny toy.

Bonus points if the NM/HNM shades are named after uber-geared players with slight variations.

Voila. Alternative to endless camping of HNM's for the items you all want.

Fixed.
    See my post prior to yours. Personally, I'd be happy to hear all of those areas were consumed in hellfire, along with their eternal HNMLS inhabitants...and if you COULD get there, it'd be full of fomor/shade type mobs all called "Spectral adventurers" just sitting there, camping nothing but piles of HNM-shaped bones and linking zonewide if you aggro even one of them cause one of the living showed up to "steal their claim". Get broken (literally as in crushed/smashed/broken) versions of the local HNM's items off the biggest ones that you could take back to the present and have reforged/upgraded along the same lines as relic gear until you have your very own shiny toy.

Bonus points if the NM/HNM shades are named after uber-geared players with slight variations.

Voila. Alternative to endless camping of HNM's for the items you all want.
    And all of the FOMORs will be WAR/NIN dual-wielding with a Ridill in each hand. :D

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

BLU can take magical damage better than any other job.
    Even better than a PLD with Aegis, d.ring, and full merman gear and accessories? Or full Amir, whichever of the two reduces magical damage more.
    Only item there pld can wear but blu can't wear is Aegis. And if by "full merman gear" you're thinking the harness/mittens/leggings etc those are bst/thf/war. Only Merman gear equippable by pld (and also blu) would be the bangles, earrings, and rings. Not that I've seen anyone pld or blu tank with those.

I can give you the point though, that pld with Aegis > BLU for taking magical damage. Aegis isn't exactly the easiest to get, and who knows what blu relic will have...(hint: we will pretty soon according to that announcement about toau "dynamis type" areas)

(edit italicized)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra
    I do think that SE might have been thinking blu as tanks and having them spam things like headbutt for hate. But I think it'd take us a long while to figure out how to use them as such.
    Headbutt hate =/= stun hate. You can determine this very easily. Go get a rdm/drk to chainstun and do it every 6 seconds on a mob provoked by someone in full enmity down gear; get a blu to do the same. Blu won't have hate, the rdm definitely would.

BLU spamming headbutt isn't about hate management; it's damage control.