Thread: Dynamis Xarc Strat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Dynamis Xarc Strat

Any input? we have been sac pulling alot of the NMs due to lack of BLMs [3-4 each run, its damn near impossible to snipe. We do fine, it just requires alot of exp. There has to be another way around this. Anyone have any maps and or input please feel free to give me it

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

dont see why people rely on sniping. Nins can hold eyes, PLD can hold eyes, dont need blms to zerg the whole game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    dont see why people rely on sniping. Nins can hold eyes, PLD can hold eyes, dont need blms to zerg the whole game.
    tryed this. Didnt work at all. Some how NMs managed to rape on, soon as one guy went down the eye went and raped another and it was pritty much a chain reaction, something bad happand every run. I'm just looking for some advice, my LS does xarc well, its just I figured id see if I could dig up another strat insted of our own to avoid the mass exp loss that is dynamis xarc

Kite the eyes. They're a joke, I do it on a semi-regular basis as mnk/whm and never have any problems. I've even kited 2 at once before.

You can easily hold a nm with 2 blinkers that can share hate.

So that's 3 kiters + 4 holders + the rest of the group on NM #1. As long as you have more than like, 12 people on a reasonable set of jobs, you should be fine.

Says the guy from the manaburn Dynamis LS. I get what you're saying, still funny tho.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn
    Says the guy from the manaburn Dynamis LS. I get what you're saying, still funny tho.
    lol

I say this because since I started sniping eyes with my LS, another LS on asura started doing it, it caught on, then alot of LS's on other servers think sniping eyes = the only way to do it. This post is a perfect example of people relying on manazerging when it was done by kiting/holding for aeons before LS's had more than 3-5 BLM per shell.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since my LS was the one that started sniping eyes (I remember how pissed you got when we started "stealing" it lol), I figured I'd add that we actually don't do that anymore. For awhile our numbers in xarc were alot lower then previously so we adjusted to speed things up in a situation where we really couldn't handle more then two NMs at a time. We found that in general it was alot faster to have 2 people just alternate sac pulling. Grab 2 NMs the first pass then grab the remaining one on the next pass (well, don't have to do this for all the NMs, the NIN DRK BLM trio the NIN and BLM are insanely easy to kite). We have the sac pullers just lot all the scrolls that drop so they don't really lose any xp.

In general this seems to go alot faster for us then sniping the eyes, since you don't have to wait for BLMs to /clock times etc etc. I guess technically it's a bit sloppier, but personally my main concern is speed when going thru the NMs so more time in the rest of the zone can be gained.

1 NIN for most NMs

RDM - Use 1 NIN, just needs haste
    BRD - 1 NIN
    War - PLD tanks, ally kills first

Whm - 1 NIN and maybe WAR/NIN to help
    BST - 1 NIN
    MNK - PLD kites, ally kills first

NIN - 1 NIN kite around steps
    BLM - PLD tank, ally kills first
    DRK - 1 NIN, maybe a war/nin to assist.

etc. THF puller on eyes can kite them around forever if you're low on BLM to nuke them quickly. If not, basically any other job that can pull hate on one can kite it. They stop to cast TierIV consistantly letting you get away.

As far as sniping the eyes goes, if you have enough Blms can't you just Thundaga3 and snipe them all at once? If so, how many Blms would it take to safely do this?

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It takes about 6 to get the eyes to dead or in the 10% range.

Less than that as its likely that your blms are gonna have someone die when the eyes come around and gank them.

More than that and its pretty much a 100% kill unless thier timing is off (spells hit the nm's and thus reduce damage a bit)

Whether or not my ls has enough blms to oneshot the eyes, we will all nuke on a timed nuke fashion no matter what.

If we are shortstaffed, we have our caller make sure the eyes get priority, and the blms run back a bit until its over, dropping the eyes hp by even as little as 30-50% makes them go down in seconds with our melee.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    As far as sniping the eyes goes, if you have enough Blms can't you just Thundaga3 and snipe them all at once? If so, how many Blms would it take to safely do this?
    He said that he only has 3-4 BLMs each run, so 3-4 BLMs would not be able to wipe out a set eyes.

I guess the best thing you can do is have people use poison pots and kite the eyes and quickly have melee and BLM kill them one-by-one.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Those eyes only have like 1k hp...

a SA MS drops them to anywhere between 10 to 35% HP, I'm sure a sam SA Gekko can 1shot. It still baffles me as to how they pose such a long problem.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    He said that he only has 3-4 BLMs each run, so 3-4 BLMs would not be able to wipe out a set eyes.

I guess the best thing you can do is have people use poison pots and kite the eyes and quickly have melee and BLM kill them one-by-one.
    and do what with the NMs? We dont have a huge dynamis LS its just our HNM/SKY ls doing dynamis, and not everyone has xarc access. We have about 25people total in dynamis.

Masterofshade

I do Xarc with 14 people, and we just kill the worthwhile NMs. RDM, BRD, WHM (for some reason), BST, NIN, BLM, DRK (cuz i need the last piece to finish set), THF PLD SMN.

We just do a seperate sac for each NM. It's a little sloppy, but it's quick and the only deaths are really the THF (me >.<). Just have your sac take all the scrolls, and after those NMs they only lose like 2-3 k (acceptable, even more so when you get an AF).

You really only need 1 THF/NIN to do -all- the sacing. For the first sac, you fire a ranged attack from max distance, then just book it (no flee).

Then when dead you RR, and get ready for the next. Pop on AF1 Boots (for flee) and flee past the NM tower steps. I F Y O U R E W E A K E N E D D O N O T R A N G E D A T T A C K ! ! ! I can't stress that anymore. Just tap flee and aggro, and run like a little bitch. I've even done this very successfully on DRK/THF when the sacer went down cuz he doesn't have a clue what he's doing >.>;

A friend of mine pretty much pioneered a metric fuck-ton of Pandy's NA Dynamis Strats, and I've learned from him and adapted a lot of the stuff. Me n him talked for hours and finally came to the conclusion that this simple method is the best way to do it. Especially with a very small group, because it only incapacitates 1 person.

With 25... Yeah I'm with Nynja here, unless all your players stil llive at home going DUH DER DER DUH and need their parents to change them, kiting an eye or two as NIN or THF or basicaly any job isn't too hard. Just don't run into the other Towers or the Eyes that patrol to the S (i think it's the S, might be North lol).

Anyways, sniping dynamis with BLMs is... really shitty actually. I parsed it once upon a time in this one shitty Dynamis LS I was in, and mobs that get meleed down tend to drop currency more than ones that are nuked down. AF seemed about even. The difference with mana-burn LSes is that the sheer number of kills helps make up for the lack of meleed down mobs. Seems to even out I guess.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

^ exactly what we do, alternate sacers. Let them loot on the xp scrolls because as well all know they drop alot. Sac the NMS the kill the eyes first, then sac an NM and pull two or one which every you want. Still can easily get to DL with over 2 hours left.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofshade
    I do Xarc with 14 people, and we just kill the worthwhile NMs. RDM, BRD, WHM (for some reason), BST, NIN, BLM, DRK (cuz i need the last piece to finish set), THF PLD SMN.

We just do a seperate sac for each NM. It's a little sloppy, but it's quick and the only deaths are really the THF (me >.<). Just have your sac take all the scrolls, and after those NMs they only lose like 2-3 k (acceptable, even more so when you get an AF).

You really only need 1 THF/NIN to do -all- the sacing. For the first sac, you fire a ranged attack from max distance, then just book it (no flee).

Then when dead you RR, and get ready for the next. Pop on AF1 Boots (for flee) and flee past the NM tower steps. I F Y O U R E W E A K E N E D D O N O T R A N G E D A T T A C K ! ! ! I can't stress that anymore. Just tap flee and aggro, and run like a little bitch. I've even done this very successfully on DRK/THF when the sacer went down cuz he doesn't have a clue what he's doing >.>;

A friend of mine pretty much pioneered a metric fuck-ton of Pandy's NA Dynamis Strats, and I've learned from him and adapted a lot of the stuff. Me n him talked for hours and finally came to the conclusion that this simple method is the best way to do it. Especially with a very small group, because it only incapacitates 1 person.

With 25... Yeah I'm with Nynja here, unless all your players stil llive at home going DUH DER DER DUH and need their parents to change them, kiting an eye or two as NIN or THF or basicaly any job isn't too hard. Just don't run into the other Towers or the Eyes that patrol to the S (i think it's the S, might be North lol).

Anyways, sniping dynamis with BLMs is... really shitty actually. I parsed it once upon a time in this one shitty Dynamis LS I was in, and mobs that get meleed down tend to drop currency more than ones that are nuked down. AF seemed about even. The difference with mana-burn LSes is that the sheer number of kills helps make up for the lack of meleed down mobs. Seems to even out I guess.
    I dont have an exact number of people that come to our dynamis, It is never any more then 25, and on its low days is around 13. That being said , we dont have the best amount of jobs possible for holding NMs & eyes. We have 3 WARs in the LS that acually show up to things [1 is on and off] 2-3 NINs that I can think off the top of my head, but two of them have RNG and PLD and deside what they come as. 2 MNKs, 1 THF, 3-5 BLMS [day dependnt we do dynamis twice a week, sunday and wensday.] and a few other jobs, such as WHMs and DRKs, and RDMs. Sence more then one person has suggested the SAC method, I think we can go with that[we are already doing this]

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The biggest question you have to ask yourself if you are planning on having ninjas hold stuff IMO is if you trust them. (and also the support jobs on them) It will be a disaster if you have a mediocre ninja trying to hold something from my experience.

I'm sure someone will say, "What kind of ninja can't hold a NM?" I'd agree with that too, but experience has shown me otherwise.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan

and do what with the NMs? We dont have a huge dynamis LS its just our HNM/SKY ls doing dynamis, and not everyone has xarc access. We have about 25people total in dynamis.
    Well, there's not much you can do other than kite them as well. I know you have a limited amount people but I don't think there much choice involved here.

Maybe you can have a THF pop them and train them away while the alliance picks off the eyes and have the THF die? IDK I've never been put in to that situation before. Guess trial and error is the way to go.

Masterofshade

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofshade

I dont have an exact number of people that come to our dynamis, It is never any more then 25, and on its low days is around 13. That being said , we dont have the best amount of jobs possible for holding NMs & eyes. We have 3 WARs in the LS that acually show up to things [1 is on and off] 2-3 NINs that I can think off the top of my head, but two of them have RNG and PLD and deside what they come as. 2 MNKs, 1 THF, 3-5 BLMS [day dependnt we do dynamis twice a week, sunday and wensday.] and a few other jobs, such as WHMs and DRKs, and RDMs. Sence more then one person has suggested the SAC method, I think we can go with that[we are already doing this]
    lololol. then goodie. holding them is a bad bad idea when people decide to be retarded. I can't point out how many times i've heard "shit i died" "LOL ur a fucking nin" "shut up /cry"

Anyways, we're on the same server Seno, toss me tells or reply on here if u have any more questions.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

okay ill talk to you about it later today-- sky farming today [ OH JOY LAWLS WWWWWWWWWW ] so I got time to burn at ulli to discuss this if your online.