Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Asura. Why?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Asura. Why?

I'm just kind of curious here. Why is the Asura server's economy so fucked up? Take a look at the graph on ffxiah.com. And of course, any regular browser of this forum or KI will have heard numerous references to Asura's high prices. I don't think I've ever heard the story behind them, though.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Our server was one of the first servers to get RMT doing the big stuff, because of one guy named Napolean who taught them how to make more gil so long as they payed him (they basically payed for his goldsmithing to get to 100). We've been hit by RMT probably as bad or worse than any other server.

Our sellers were shouting to sell osodes while other RMT's were getting their cerulean gate crystal.

That and igechristmas. Overstocked gil + Christmas = f'd up prices, our SH+1's were at 45m or so, same with haub+1 etc.

Home sweet home.

45m o_O I don't think RMT have that bad an effect on the economy. On the contrary, on Sylph I noticed they even lowered the prices a fair bit for some items, e.g. they sell Byakko Seals for 2-3m whereas regular players sell for 3-4m. I'm not saying they help the economy, just saying they don't have THAT bad an affect. I know they also drive prices of certain items up, like how Archer's Rings shot up after they took control of Ordelle's Caves.

Most likely, on Asura their were just more people exploiting the tavnazian safehold NPC glitch, and/or more people using the delivery box duping glitch before it got fixed. It is possible though that it was the RMT who were doing all(most) of the gil duping.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Shuvo
    45m o_O I don't think RMT have that bad an effect on the economy. On the contrary, on Sylph I noticed they even lowered the prices a fair bit for some items, e.g. they sell Byakko Seals for 2-3m whereas regular players sell for 3-4m. I'm not saying they help the economy, just saying they don't have THAT bad an affect. I know they also drive prices of certain items up, like how Archer's Rings shot up after they took control of Ordelle's Caves.

Most likely, on Asura their were just more people exploiting the tavnazian safehold NPC glitch, and/or more people using the delivery box duping glitch before it got fixed. It is possible though that it was the RMT who were doing all(most) of the gil duping.
    Um no. On asura our RMT constantly shout to sell haidate for 18-22m and get sales. We have alot of people on our server (due to the first NA world shift) and alot of people fished up rusty caps etc. But, that doesnt mean our RMT dont much of an effect. Almost every market on asura is rmt ridden. All consumables are infested with RMT bots synthing all day, all NMs are camped by RMT (Gilsellers have killed fafnir on our server, hell the other day I nearly got jailed for MPK'ing gilsellers at Tiamat).

Kirin, Fafnir, Aspid, KB, all have fallen to the Asuran RMT.

Tiamat is only a matter of time.

We have a steady stream of NAs willing to play with and assist them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

45m o_O I don't think RMT have that bad an effect on the economy. On the contrary, on Sylph I noticed they even lowered the prices a fair bit for some items, e.g. they sell Byakko Seals for 2-3m whereas regular players sell for 3-4m.
    Oh I think they do. It's all about the readiness of gil and the impatience of players. If someone comes along and see no SH+1 on the AH, they might decide to jack the price by 1-2m (if not more). If there is no RMT, then players won't be able to come across that 2m+ to pay the extra so quickly, so they wait around and hope the price comes back down, or they go out to make the extra 2+m which takes time. In that time it could be that the SH+1 goes back to the seller and the seller relists without such a pricejack. If someone puts a SH+1 up for that extra 2m on the last sale, and people can just go to IGE and buy 2m for the price of a cinema ticket or a new CD, then they don't sit around trying to make the gil and they don't care about the extra 2m pricejack, cos hey, it's only 2m and that's only a few dollars and then they have their SH+1 ready for the next LS event or XP session or whatever. Next time a SH+1 is listed, it's listed at the 2m+ price because the crafter knows he can get that extra 2m for it. And so it continues. Eventually it gets to the point where the price is 45m, especially if gil is as cheap as I'm told it was around Xmas last year. It can happen very easily.

Also, you say gilsellers sell Byakko's seals for 1-2m less than legit players. Before gilsellers, I didn't see seals being sold period. Hell, every time you see a seal in a gilsellers bazaar, it's a seal that has most likely been taken from a legit linkshell in Sky. Regardless of whether a Byakko's seal is 1-2m less than any other player, the fact is, people shouldn't be having to buy Byakko's seal's simply because gilsellers know that for the most part, they can dominate sky. You have to wonder at people really. You go to IGE and buy 2m, which you use to buy a seal off a gilseller, which you only couldn't get yourself because gilsellers are too busy dominating sky so your LS can't get it's foot in the door and when you've used that seal you go back to IGE and do it all over again. The gilseller comes away with your gil and your seal and you come away $20 cheaper in the pocket. Madness.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We have some pretty greedy crafters too. Not saying all asuran crafters are but there's a few. Sole Sushi rose pretty high last Xmas. Now it's down to like 25k. Our economy is probably at an all time low now. SH for 3Mil SH+1 for 7Mil seriously...

The circumstance that can make the RMT lower prices is if there's more than one crew up there which seems like what's happening nowadays. That Darklinshell and Whatever new shell viking has are probably shortcutting each other for faster sales on hides, claws and ignots.

There seems to also be a new crew as of two weeks ago which I have mentioned on forums here and there. You know all those weird statics we kept on seeing all over altepa, quicksand etc... They zoomed past ZMs and hang out in sky with hideous gear. Not sure if they've killed any gods yet but they probably have.

Quote Originally Posted by SassiAsura
    We have some pretty greedy crafters too. Not saying all asuran crafters are but there's a few. Sole Sushi rose pretty high last Xmas. Now it's down to like 25k.
    This reminded me of the crafter I saw earlier this year, Sushi went from 120k to 60k some time after Christmas and he was spamming shouts in Jeuno in outrage that his only profit synth had been raped by Gilsellers and other Crafters. Good times...

As far as the economy goes though, I'm paranoid of another explosion come the holidays.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everyone seems so ready for inflation to hit this christmas that I'm almost thinking it won't even happen, and even if it does it won't be anywhere close to the degree we saw last year.

And yeah, Asura blows.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

All the gilsellers are carbuncle who killed tiamat got smacked in the face with the ban stick. It's calmed down a lot, but im sure more will be coming as people either sell their accounts or they level new ones.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

On asura our RMT constantly shout to sell haidate for 18-22m and get sales
    Fenrir's gil sellers must really love Ulli then. They do shouts for 30M gil haidate... when our economy is 80% of Asura's. To give an idea of Fenrir's prices... Scorp. harness is 2.1M on our server...

The economy being fucked by RMT wouldn't be just due to them killling everything and hoarding all the items. You guys are leaving out the other significant factor which is your server may have the most players willing to buy gil and thus will pay the higher prices on items.

Even RMT will lower the prices on items if no one has the gil to pay what they're asking for.

The horrendous inflation last year was primarily caused by the gil duping - it dropped the IGE costs so significantly that gil was practically worthless.

45m? meh i think i saw SH+1 on serpah go for 60mil, i know NQ went for 28....
    shinsoku was like 80m

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LewisTaruSamuwai
    shinsoku was like 80m
    You're wrong, sorry.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

My prediction for Xmas,

1) all players buy up stocks of gear ready to sell at uber inflated prices
    2) RMT release the gil they've taken out of circulation through consumable markets
    3) People have mysterious amounts of gil
    4) Prices start to go up
    5) Players dump gear on ah to profit
    6) Massive undercutting on items
    7) Players with large amounts of gil look to buy rare/ex drops and tier 0 HQ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Everyone seems so ready for inflation to hit this christmas that I'm almost thinking it won't even happen, and even if it does it won't be anywhere close to the degree we saw last year.

And yeah, Asura blows.
    Of course it won't happen. People always seem to ignore what really caused that inflation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    45m o_O I don't think RMT have that bad an effect on the economy. On the contrary, on Sylph I noticed they even lowered the prices a fair bit for some items, e.g. they sell Byakko Seals for 2-3m whereas regular players sell for 3-4m.
    Oh I think they do. It's all about the readiness of gil and the impatience of players. If someone comes along and see no SH+1 on the AH, they might decide to jack the price by 1-2m (if not more). If there is no RMT, then players won't be able to come across that 2m+ to pay the extra so quickly, so they wait around and hope the price comes back down, or they go out to make the extra 2+m which takes time. In that time it could be that the SH+1 goes back to the seller and the seller relists without such a pricejack. If someone puts a SH+1 up for that extra 2m on the last sale, and people can just go to IGE and buy 2m for the price of a cinema ticket or a new CD, then they don't sit around trying to make the gil and they don't care about the extra 2m pricejack, cos hey, it's only 2m and that's only a few dollars and then they have their SH+1 ready for the next LS event or XP session or whatever. Next time a SH+1 is listed, it's listed at the 2m+ price because the crafter knows he can get that extra 2m for it. And so it continues. Eventually it gets to the point where the price is 45m, especially if gil is as cheap as I'm told it was around Xmas last year. It can happen very easily.

Also, you say gilsellers sell Byakko's seals for 1-2m less than legit players. Before gilsellers, I didn't see seals being sold period. Hell, every time you see a seal in a gilsellers bazaar, it's a seal that has most likely been taken from a legit linkshell in Sky. Regardless of whether a Byakko's seal is 1-2m less than any other player, the fact is, people shouldn't be having to buy Byakko's seal's simply because gilsellers know that for the most part, they can dominate sky. You have to wonder at people really. You go to IGE and buy 2m, which you use to buy a seal off a gilseller, which you only couldn't get yourself because gilsellers are too busy dominating sky so your LS can't get it's foot in the door and when you've used that seal you go back to IGE and do it all over again. The gilseller comes away with your gil and your seal and you come away $20 cheaper in the pocket. Madness.
    I'm no economist but I do know that the economy isn't as simple as you describe it.

Prices can surge up as quickly as it did only if a large amount of new gil is suddenly introduced into the economy. A RL example would be Zimbabwe - where in the 1990s the president ordered massive amounts of money to be printed to pay for war costs. And basically that resulted in an insane price jump in everything (you hear stories of people needing wheelbarrows of cash to buy a loaf of bread). The same thing happened in Germany too after WW2.

(Here's a link if you wanna read about it
    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/sun ... commentary

In the case of RMT (sellers), they are making gil by farming items, which they sell on the AH to players with legit (usually) gil. No new gil is being introduced, no new problem is being created.

Anyone can price hike, and just because people buy it doesn't mean they buy gil... they could also just borrow off friends, or farm more, or sell old equipment they don't need.... it's a particular pet peeve of mine how anyone who's x amount richer then you are automatically declared gilbuyers (i see it everywhere). Just yesterday i was complaining to a friend how people were selling cursed mitts NQ for a 500k loss each, his response was "they are probably just buying gil and don't care". And earlier on I was speaking to another clothcrafter, who was telling me about someone that bought 4 of her prism capes off AH, her response -"He probably buys gil, why else would he buy four?" - wtf is up with that??

Fishbotting and gil duping was the main source of the problem. And Lordwafik said that Asura was one of the first world shift servers - That would introduce a lot of new gil as well. I notice Bahumet is up there too near Asura on ffxiah, were they a world shift destination as well?

Quote Originally Posted by LewisTaruSamuwai
    shinsoku was like 80m
    lol no way dude, it was never that outrageous. SH+1 was 20mil tops, Haub+1 was 24mil. Shinsoku was 40mil