Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Vana'diel Collection 2007 (10/06/2006)

We're proud to announce the second FINAL FANTASY XI collection for Windows: FINAL FANTASY XI Vana'diel Collection 2007! This new collection includes the complete award-winning original game plus all three expansions (Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan) on one easy-to-install DVD. This package also includes an exclusive fold-out map of Vana'diel with mini walkthroughs to help new players get started! Also included is a 30-day free trial, as well as a Vana'diel Buddy Pass to invite a friend to try FINAL FANTASY XI free for 30 days.

FINAL FANTASY XI Vana'diel Collection 2007 will be released on November 7th, 2006 for only $29.99!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway i got question i do format my pc every 1-2month and i hate installing FFXI with its 12cd and 1giga update or so

Does this DVD include all updates?
    Did old DVD Collection included updates?

Its only 29.99 so i dont mind getting it

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I woulda made this post when I saw it a few days ago but it's a retarded update and I'm sure everyone here already has the game.

And to answer your question new expansions usually have old updates.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I woulda made this post when I saw it a few days ago but it's a retarded update and I'm sure everyone here already has the game.

And to answer your question new expansions usually have old updates.
    Thanks
    FFXI update for 56kb user = Nightmare --;;

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

i actually love this idea

who the fuck wants to have to install, what is it 8 discs, after you format. (POL 1, FFXI+ROZ 4, COP 2, TOA 1???)

Sure the time to install might take just as long but its only one disc... no fucking switching discs back and forth

AMEN SE THX THE LORDZ U DID THIS FOR ME

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    i actually love this idea

who the fuck wants to have to install, what is it 8 discs, after you format. (POL 1, FFXI+ROZ 4, COP 2, TOA 1???)

Sure the time to install might take just as long but its only one disc... no fucking switching discs back and forth

AMEN SE THX THE LORDZ U DID THIS FOR ME
    I dont mind switching discs actully downloading the update what is killing me Check files(2hour)->Download 4hours only 15% Complete->Connection lost[56KB sux]->Check files again 2hours...->Start downloading again repeat till its 100% Complete

Vobent

wuts 56k lulz

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Also, dvd drives usually read faster than cd drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Also, dvd drives usually read faster than cd drives.
    Those are standard on most new computers within the past few years anyhow.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Only took me bout 2, maybe 2 and a half hours to update from a clean install of FFXI (from the Vana'diel collection DVD) + ToAU. I would not be suprised to see the DVD having most of the current updates on it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

It is not such a bad idea, assuming SE includes the latest version of everything onto one DVD. The time saving on patching and shelf space could be attractive.

I will give SE thumb up if they let us download the DVD (without CD keys) via BT for free.

EDIT: Fixed "with CD keys" to "without CD keys".

The old DVD contained all of the updates up to a certain point if I recall correctly.

I got the last one and I'll probably spend the $30 to get this one too. I reformat often enough that it is really nice having it all on one disc.

The only thing that sucks is that they didn't integrate it all in to 1 installer ... you still have to go through the steps of installing POL viewer, then installing FFXI, then RoZ, etc. Maybe they'll change it this time so you go through one set of install steps then can walk away for 30 minutes or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    The old DVD contained all of the updates up to a certain point if I recall correctly.

I got the last one and I'll probably spend the $30 to get this one too. I reformat often enough that it is really nice having it all on one disc.

The only thing that sucks is that they didn't integrate it all in to 1 installer ... you still have to go through the steps of installing POL viewer, then installing FFXI, then RoZ, etc. Maybe they'll change it this time so you go through one set of install steps then can walk away for 30 minutes or whatever.
    Don't get your hopes up.