+ Reply to Thread

List of the top selling computer and video games of all time

Banned.

BG Level

Uh, okay.

I don't see how it's fair to combine some games sales, like Pokemon Red/Blue/Green (Green was in Japan only I guess). They're different games, also seemed unfair to combine Diablo II sales with the Lord of Destruction. But whatevz.

pokemon red/blue are the same game. Green, if it's the jp version of yellow, is slightly different but the difference is really superficial and should be included as well.

Also, I don't trust wiki's list, because it says at one point that SSBM sold more than Halo, something I have problems accepting because EVERY Xbox owner bought Halo...while I would wager there were plenty of GC owners that didn't get SSBM.

Banned.

BG Level

pokemon red/blue are the same game. Green, if it's the jp version of yellow, is slightly different but the difference is really superficial and should be included as well.
    Red = JP Red
    Blue = JP Green
    - = JP Blue

All the same game.

Yellow isn't considered apart of that.

As I recall, yellow was a little bit different in terms of graphics and additional stuff.. but it was more of a director's cut than a completely different game.

And yeah, I played Pokemon. I even have 2 books full of the foil cards from the Pokemon card game.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If they are going to combine shit Then Broodwar needs to be lumped in with starcraft

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    As I recall, yellow was a little bit different in terms of graphics and additional stuff.. but it was more of a director's cut than a completely different game.

And yeah, I played Pokemon. I even have 2 books full of the foil cards from the Pokemon card game.
    Yellow was the one that had pikachu following you around... it was based on the anime, not a director's cut.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP

Yellow was the one that had pikachu following you around... it was based on the anime, not a director's cut.
    you got pikachu at the beginning instead of choosing between the original 3...other than that, and him following you around, it is the same exact game.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro

you got pikachu at the beginning instead of choosing between the original 3...other than that, and him following you around, it is the same exact game.
    That was not the only change. While it was nothing more than a different spin on an older game, its still a different spin on an older game. The difference between the games is greater, than lets say, SquareEnixGame and SquareEnixGameInternational.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

That was not the only change. While it was nothing more than a different spin on an older game, its still a different spin on an older game. The difference between the games is greater, than lets say, SquareEnixGame and SquareEnixGameInternational.
    Hardly.

FFX and FFX:International had gigantic differences at end game, Pokemon Red/Blue vs Yellow was very minor. Team rocket were there with their actual pokemon, Pikachu followed you around, brock and misty were changed to be closer to the anime versions... FF:International usually are giant changes (Go see how FFX-2 international got a new dressphere and giant dungeon aswell as the ability to control the older male toons).

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

Hardly.

FFX and FFX:International had gigantic differences at end game, Pokemon Red/Blue vs Yellow was very minor. Team rocket were there with their actual pokemon, Pikachu followed you around, brock and misty were changed to be closer to the anime versions... FF:International usually are giant changes (Go see how FFX-2 international got a new dressphere and giant dungeon aswell as the ability to control the older male toons).
    Maybe it was a bad example, but the changes don't just end there for Pokemon Yellow.

It doesn't make sense to combine games like Pokemon Blue/Red, sure they're essentially the same game but you have to buy them seperately. I mean, they might as well combine Zelda: A Link to the Past for SNES and the remake for GBA if they're gonna go by that. They should've seperated all games as long as you had to pay for them seperately.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    If they are going to combine shit Then Broodwar needs to be lumped in with starcraft

Broodwar actually sold 8 copies. The other 6millions players pirated the CD

I don't know why I remeber this (maybe because I'm a fucking retard)

Pokemon Yellow... the Pikachu that never wanted to go into the Pokeball ie same as the cartoon also had a special gift

It could learn the move Surf(Why give an electric pokemon a water based moved just cause Pikachu rode on Ash's Surfboard in the cartoon/anime)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

EGMs top 25 of all time is 3/5 nintendo games.