BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Bears score a lot

49'ers get a hurt QB

Noone in the NFC vice the Seahawks, and maybe Green Bay at home because of the crowd can beat the bears. Now that doesn't mean they wont beat themselves.
    Oh, theres a lot of teams that have the talent and are capable to beat the bears in the NFC. A rookie QB almost beat them. NYG, Phili, Minnesota, New Orleans, Carolina (would destroy them), St. Louis, Seattle....all have the capabilities.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

24-0 Bears lead. and the first quarter isn't even over yet lol.

I'll comment to Tyche's post at halftime, don't want to miss a minute.

edit, forgot the extra point.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

34-0 3min to Half-time. lol

41-0 Halftime. wow

Philly could beat the Bears.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

holy shit what happened to the 49ers?

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Anytime they play a team that have half decent passing game, they kind of flop
    They don't flop, they just play a decently matched game. The only time where this statement applies is the Cardinals game. The Bears haven't flopped in any other game (i still love how they ended up winning that game)

and past 7 games (all of this season, and last game of last season
    The Bears are extremely different this season compared to last season. You'd almost think it's a different team in comparison. They didn't flop against Minnesota, the game was balanced. Once again, however, they did flop against the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Noone in the NFC vice the Seahawks, and maybe Green Bay at home because of the crowd can beat the bears. Now that doesn't mean they wont beat themselves.
    Green Bay's days this season are waning. Both their offense and their defense are lagging terribly. I do admire their will to try to get back in to every game they are pushed back in, but it's just not enough. The bears play them again towards the end of the season so we'll see how that turns out.

If you compare the Bears' overall stats to the rest of the NFL, they are on top of everyone in almost every aspect of the game. The Bears are not being overrated because they really are playing as a well balanced team. Aside from the Cardinals game, their passing is clean cut and near perfect, and if you can't agree that the Bears defense is the best, if not, one of the best defenses in the NFL, then I don't know what to say.

The Bears are almost supernatural. Usually when a team goes from SUCK to AWESOME, there's some kind of major change. A change in either coaching or the team's lineup. However, the Bears are virtually unchanged. Their offensive and defensive lines have barely changed, and their coaching staff is pretty much the same, yet they come out as one of the best teams this season.

That's hard work and dedication for you.

OK back to the game.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

and the season record is now 7-0.

Boy was my prediction off

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Flop is maybe a bad way to put it, and so is overrated. I think denver is better, its kind of hard to be one of the best teams, and be overrated. Maybe just over-hyped. They aren't the bears of old that they are always compared to. You really can't dispute the fact that they have a weak secondary, and teams that have a strong passing offense are successful against them. The proof is in black-and-white. They really haven't played anyone of any quality either besides a vikings team that put a lot of heat on them, and a seattle team that was missing 3 starts on the o-line and last years MVP running back.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Wow, who seen that coming :D

Oh, i did. Bring on dahaan!

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Bears posession of the ball today sucked horribly, I hope something that they work on before their next game. Posession of the ball almost caused their loss against the Cardinals too.

Miami played a strong game.

It's not often that a team goes completely undefeated. Does this mean the Bears are a bad team? no, but they definetly need to work on their posession.

They're still an awesome team this season.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I said this last week...they have a mistake prone QB and a weak ass secondary, you're not winning a superbowl with that. They've played 2 teams with winning records, one of which was a close game, other was a blowout but seattle was missing half their offense. We'll see what they are really made of over the next few weeks when they actually play more quality well-coached teams in NY Giants and NE Patriots. I'm just really not buying them being a great team. They are the West Virginia of the NFL. Edit: GO louisville ftw.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

First real game for my boys tonight.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    First real game for my boys tonight.
    Pats or Colts fan? Brady vs Manning. The only 2 1st ballat hall of fame QBs in the NFL right now. Going to be one of the best games of the year. If belichick doesnt run the ball 40 times, he needs his coaching license revoked. GO INDI!

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

<- location

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    <- location
    Although Peyton Manning looks exactly like a guy who drove me crazy in high school, I'll be rootin' for the colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat?
    I agree with this statement, and I'm mildly offended by the person that said tonight is the Colts' first real game...

The only 2 1st ballat hall of fame QBs in the NFL right now
    You forgot someone.

Demosthenes11

Go pats :D
    Indy will prolly win though

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    The only 2 1st ballat hall of fame QBs in the NFL right now
    You forgot someone.
    More than 1... Favre of course is extremely obvious... but mark my words Vick will get in first ballot as well.

Don't be suprised if McNair does too, especially if he can get a championship in Baltimore.

Vick right now is not a hall of famer, let alone first ballot. He may end up there...but unless he really turns it on, he'll be marginal...which brings us to McNair. A good QB, 6 inches away from a superbowl win, 1 MVP award...but right now, very iffy Hall of Famer and most definately not a first ballot. He doesn't have the stats, he doesn't have the super bowl win, and he missed too many games. Pretty much the text book definition of marginal HoFer. He'll get votes for being "tough" (that's a joke though, if you're in the NFL, you're tough, and he missed alot of games for someone that is supposedly "tough") and for being a nice guy, but I don't see him getting in right now.

Favre, Brady, and Manning are the only QBs that are definates to be inducted, let alone on the first ballot, and tbh, I can't think of anyone other than Vick and McNabb that will be seriously considered right now. I know I wouldn't put McNair in, even with a super bowl win in Baltimore (like he'll have anything to do with it if they win...I mean, did you see that touchdown pass last week?), Culpepper went down in smoke, Rivers will be solid but I dunno if he'll reach that level, same with Eli. Oh, and Bulger should get looked at too...he's probably the best pure passer outside of Manning, and his interception rate this season is phenomenal for the amount of times he's thrown the ball.