• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

eli manning just took my cookies and threw them out the window lol

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

The evil game-ruining grossman was put back in his box during halftime, and now the real one is back on the field. :D

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Does one of them have a moustache? Or is it just the terrible decision-making, propensity for turnovers, and all-around suck that helps you tell them apart?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

lots of fumbles in the game today.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Gonna guess it was the all-around suck that you can tell them apart.

it was raining like mad here for a while

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido
    The evil game-ruining grossman was put back in his box during halftime, and now the abnormal one is back on the field. :D
    Can't really say im impressed. Nothing really astounding, especially against a beat up giants team missing like 76 starters. Muhammed is a damn good reciever though. Still wouldnt hold my breathe with a bi-polar QB who has acute flashes of brilliance. Giants have an average pass defense and grossman played...average. Im sure having a 3 starters missing from the defensive line helped (Tuck, Umenyiora, and Strahan). Miami has an amazing pass defense, and grossman plays...yeah. If they beat the jets and the pats on the road, i promise i'll turn!

and now tiki's hand has an as-of-yet undisclosed problem, they should use brandon jacobs more anyway imo, he's a monster. Meanwhile the Giants continue to destroy themselves with penalties.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Barring something very weird, the road to the Super Bowl will go through Chicago.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Wow, what a great football game.

Muhsin Muhammad is an absolute monster. Despite his one fumble, he played awesome. He is officially my favorite offensive player on the Bears. Going to buy his jersey this week.

I'm glad Grossman didn't suck today. I think it's important to notice that a lot of his incomplete passes today were well thrown, but dropped by the recievers. There was that one that was just completely off target though. Only one interception today made me happy. He did a great job of adapting to the Giants's defense. Despite his inconsistency, I'm going to go ahead and say he did a pretty damn good job today.

One of the most underrated defensive players on the Bears is Hunter Hillenmeyer. This guy is young and quick, and if you notice, he's almost always on target and is quick to get to the ball. He delivers some of the best blocking on the Bears. Also, he's often the one to open up the slot for Urlacher's defensive plays.

Thomas Jones was also fairly impressive. He got a lot of spotlight for his 26 yard run on the 3rd and 22. Otherwise, he did an ok job, nothing too extraordinary.

Beautiful ploy by Hester on the punt return touchdown. I think that will send a message to all of the NFL; if the field goal falls short and is caught in the endzone, pay attention.

You have to give props to NYG though. Pierce and Barber are absolute beasts. Eli Manning is one of my favorite NFL quarterbacks. He did ok today, he's done a lot better, but the Bears pressure overcame him on many situations.

Although a lot of their defense was injured, their second string showed great promise. They owned the Bears for the first quarter and a lot of the second.

If you ask me though, injuries are an ingredient that NFL will always have. I'm not the biggest fan of people saying "well they didn't win because they had x people injured." There will never be an NFL season in existence where someone isn't injured. It's part of the game and if it happens, you need to have able second string players, and that's the bottom line. Don't get me wrong though, injuries make the BIGGEST difference most of the time. A couple of seasons ago, the Bears went 0-7 because Urlacher was injured, but their second string couldn't make up for it.

The NYG defense definetly showed that they could handle the Bears offense in the first half, but the Bears found holes in their defense, and the Giants didn't accomodate that. They put up a great fight though and I give them a big tip of the hat for playing so well when having so many starters injured.

Once again, what a great football game.

EDIT: The Colts game was also interesting. To almost get beaten by the Bills...yikes.

Chargers vs. Bengals. wooooooooooooooooooooow.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    and now tiki's hand has an as-of-yet undisclosed problem, they should use brandon jacobs more anyway imo, he's a monster. Meanwhile the Giants continue to destroy themselves with penalties.
    Yeah Tiki isn't leading the league in yards or anything, that's crazy talk...

yeah well!
    I think they only used jacobs twice tonight even after tiki's hand got messed up. I'm not saying jacobs needs to be in half the time but they could utilize him a little more often and anyway it's fun to see huge people run with the ball. Like a non-shitty tight end.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    If you ask me though, injuries are an ingredient that NFL will always have. I'm not the biggest fan of people saying "well they didn't win because they had x people injured." There will never be an NFL season in existence where someone isn't injured. It's part of the game and if it happens, you need to have able second string players, and that's the bottom line. Don't get me wrong though, injuries make the BIGGEST difference most of the time. A couple of seasons ago, the Bears went 0-7 because Urlacher was injured, but their second string couldn't make up for it.
    in the NFL being able to stay healthy is part of being good. a talent just like speed, hands or vision is a talent.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Better to call it a trait, in my opinion, but it's part of the game. An example (that I'm familiar with because my family lives in Seattle) is the Seahawks missing Alexander and Hasselback, they have to play without two players that are both at the center of their offense. But they still beat the Rams today, who are not a bad team.

I'm kinda wondering how the people who were naysaying the Bears after their loss last week are going to react to this game, as they finally played and beat a "good team."

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Better to call it a trait, in my opinion, but it's part of the game. An example (that I'm familiar with because my family lives in Seattle) is the Seahawks missing Alexander and Hasselback, they have to play without two players that are both at the center of their offense. But they still beat the Rams today, who are not a bad team.

I'm kinda wondering how the people who were naysaying the Bears after their loss last week are going to react to this game, as they finally played and beat a "good team."
    They've played 2 good teams and beat two good teams, but both had immense injuries. They literally played the NYG's practice squad's defensive line. Like i said, NYG's pass defense is something like 16th in the NFL...average. Dolphins were like 4th, and he got hammered. Lucky for grossman though, the dolphins are the only team they play all year that has a top 15 pass defense, everyone the rest of the reason is in the bottom half of the NFL. Ill be somewhat impressed when they beat a quality AFC team like the patriots, who seem to be skidding as well.

I'd really like an NFC super bowl champ, and this seems like the year to make it happen but I'm not sure. The Giants are completely unpredictable, you never know how the players will respond to having a lead or being behind. The Bears seem to tread a thin wire sometimes, the defense is powerful and the offense somehow scores 30+ points of its own per game but there's something there that makes it seem like it's not exactly what they plan to do, there's some force other than their will and skill and grossman throws like a high schooler lol. The Eagles lack spirit. The NFC South can't beat the best teams in either conference, and the West holds the faint hopes of the Rams and Seahawks. They just don't seem like they can gather the hustle to get through the playoffs.

Then again the afc doesn't seem as strong this year as they have in the last few. The Patriots think they can let everyone go and still beat every team in the league but I think the Colts sent the wake up call that the pats have lost a step, and today the Jets beat them too. Their passive-aggressive hubris might finally have come around to get them. lol I'm interested in the Chargers' progress and that of my dear Giants' #1 pick phil rivers. lol

Gonna be great playoffs for sure.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well you know what people will say about the Bears. I'm not I swear, but you'll hear this.

"Well, true, they finally beat a "good team", but it was a "good team" that was full of injuries and no where near 100% so do we really know if the Bears are a "Good team"?"

Anyway yeah -.- That sort of crud ticks me off. Sort of like how people are dissing Rutgers. >.>

Yeah I'm totally with the Bears here, they are the first team I ever liked thanks to Payton owning the shit out of Tecmo Bowl lol, just not yet 100% convinced of the capabilities of the NFC's best :x

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    in the NFL being able to stay healthy is part of being good. a talent just like speed, hands or vision is a talent.
    I agree only to a certain extent. Football is such an aggressive contact sport, that no matter how healthy you are, you're going to get injured eventually. Whether it's a sprained left toe of Urlacher, Sprained thumb of Barber, or broken foot of Grossman.

That's the real part of football. Instead of people making excuses for a team because of injured players, it's awesome when players from the second string can come on the show and make a strong game, and it's even better when they win. The Giants defense put up an awesome show in the first half, and they even had some really awesome plays in the second half too.

I can't stand the two-faced naysayers last week that called themselves Bears fans but were letting their vaginas leak in a bucket after the loss against the Dolphins. The Dolphins have not been playing well so far and the Bears did not take that with a grain of salt when they should have. It's very likely that they worked on drills instead of watching enough Dolphins tapes and really grasping how the Dolphins offense and defense works. On the other hand, the Dolphins probably studied the Bears extensively, and was able to pull the win over them like that.

I for one think that losses like that come along every now and then. Look what almost happened to the Colts yesterday (thank god it didn't because they are one of my favorite NFL teams). The Bears should have been able to beat the Dolphins but they didn't. I think the loss was healthy for them in a way, because they knew that they weren't invincible and the really had to focus and not underestimate anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    grossman throws like a high schooler
    Grossman does not throw like a highschooler, he throws like a QB that's only played in the NFL for four years but has been on the sidelines for most of the time for those four years. His inconsistency is a trait that is seen in many other QB's of equal time and experience. His game stats were VERY close to that of Mannings game stats. Both had close to about a 50% completion rate. He had 1 INT and Manning had 2, and I forget how many sacks both had.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    "Well, true, they finally beat a "good team", but it was a "good team" that was full of injuries and no where near 100% so do we really know if the Bears are a "Good team"?"
    There is no question that the Bears are a "good team" because they don't utterly suck. I really don't care what your schedule is, 8-1 is a good record, and like John Madden said yesterday, even if ppl want to bitch about their first few opponents as being easy and weak, it's the schedule that was given to them and they overcame it. They have so many rough edges to smooth out yet, that it's not even funny and time is running short. If they don't clean off all their dust within the next two weeks, then their future might be grim.

Yeah manning does get his ass destroyed by multiple sacks in almost every game. About grossman throwing like a highschooler I just mean he doesn't seem to be able to put much zip on the ball a lot of the time. He seems to lob and overthrow somewhat often, accuracy problem sometimes.

They have so many rough edges to smooth out yet, that it's not even funny and time is running short.
    You articulated it better than me. I really hope they don't fuck up when it matters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast