• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

The Bears: Best team in the NFL as of right now

from the words of Honorary Mike Ditka himself.

After getting crapped on since '86, the Bears finally show their backing in the NFL. Especially with their recent shutouts.

Completely solid offense, articulate defense, and excellent kicking. I don't think it can get any better.

Love of them or hate them, you can't help but be impressed.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Bears was easy money in vegas today. Bears -10 @ home...wtf, they routed seattle by like 30? Bills gonna do any better?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

They are good yes, but they did play the Bills. The Bills have played decently, but are still a weak opponent. Now granted, they destroyed the Seahawks.. but they haven't played anyone else that good yet. Must remember, they are in the weakest division I feel in the NFC.

Now, if you look at their schedule, they've completely blown out the Packers, Lions, Seahawks and Bills. They beat the Vikings by 3 and I don't really feel they are that good either. I guess time will tell when they play the Giants. (Which I feel is their first *real* opponent.)

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

They played packers in lambeu which isn't an easy win. Seattle was their first real opponet. Seattle >>>>>> Giants (who isn't that good, on the verge of a front office nightmare). Only other teams that could even be on the list to be better would be Raven (sry, no), Indi (only beat TN by 1 at home), and Philli (meh).

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well I still think the Giants are much better than the Lions, Packers and Bills.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Their next 3 games are against Miami, San Fransisco, and Arizona. I think it's safe to say that their record will become 8-0.

They wiped the floor with the NFC champion Seahawks, that says something right there.

And even if they haven't been playing teams that aren't the best, they are still showing that their skills on the field are far superior to most other teams this year.

It sucks that people don't want to accept the fact that they may be awesome this year. Call me a psyched up fan, but there is a possibility that they could make it to the superbowl this season

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Now, I didn't say they were fake. I just stated there may be reasons people may not think they are the real deal. I do on the other hand feel they are a great team. Best team in the NFC at least.

maybe they'll single cover steve smith in the playoffs again and get blown out.

I'd like that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears

The Bears are godless killing machines.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiseran
    gtfo my bears glorification thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    They wiped the floor with the NFC champion Seahawks, that says something right there.
    I don't know how much of a difference it would have made...but they played a Seahawks lineup without Shaun Alexander.

If the bears win the superbowl, hell if the bears make it to the superbowl I promise you I'll be streaking through all of texas. (I'm originally from chicago <.<)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    I don't know how much of a difference it would have made...but they played a Seahawks lineup without Shaun Alexander.
    It made a huge difference. He's a machine.

I live in Chicago. I'm loving the Bears right now. I just think all the hype is a bit premature. They have yet to face an Offense that is more than a one dimensional threat (and a weak one at that). Seattle is good, but without Shaun Alexander they're most certainly not the NPC Champs of last year.

We'll see how they do against the Giants.

While I agree they are scary good, and they will not lose until they face New England in like week 10, I still do not think they will win the Super Bowl. They have the easiest, most ridiculous schedule ever for a 13-3 NFC Championship team from last year. It is seriously stupid how easy their schedule is. Their division is 6 guaranteed wins, and then their non-division schedule, save for like 3 games are stupid easy.
    Still they will probably go 14-2, but I do not think they will win the Super Bowl.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Seriously, someone needs to tell the Bears they arent trying for a BCS Bowl bid or something, i mean Jesus Christ they are just annihilating everyone they play.

BTW, my Saints arent so bad either (although we made Gradkowski looked like a seasoned veteran yesterday )

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    Seattle is good, but without Shaun Alexander they're most certainly not the NPC Champs of last year.
    You mean NFC? Got MMO's on the brain? :D

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Apparently I do. Whoops!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast