+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

ATTN: Retailers from Gamestop/EB/Bestbuy/

A friend of mine told me that the Wii will only be having one day where we we can reserve them. Is there any way any of you can confirm/deny this. If you can confirm it, can you tell us the DAY that we will be allowed to reserve them?

Thanks

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ohh, reminds me to call toys r us.

Nope, no reservations yet :(

I'm surprised that Gamestop wouldn't let you reserve it as soon as it had a name. They used to take reservations on anything and everything, even if it didn't have a release date.

They tried to get me to put a reservation down on Twilight Princess back in like february

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Budd Lite
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tirrock
    I'm surprised that Gamestop wouldn't let you reserve it as soon as it had a name. They used to take reservations on anything and everything, even if it didn't have a release date.
    Yea, remember that whole Xbox360 mess that happened?

The Gamestop down the street from me was still filling preorders fairly well into March of this year.

I emailed my friend downstairs who is best friends with a DM @ EB. Here's the email

no thats not true but the thing is the reserves might be gone in 1 day but there not only giving 1 day.

i just came back from EB talked to my friend Art and he said reserve date could be this week or next he has no idea. but he did get to play the Wii b/c he is a district manager and they flew him to TX for a meeting about the Wii. and its awesome he got to play Zelda Red steel and Wii Sports. and also said nintend plans on building lots of systems somthing like 200,000 a week till x-mas.

Bjorn

----- Original Message -----
    To: Bjorn
    Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 3:12 PM
    Subject: Wii

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12877

Ummm is this true

Michael D

Scanned on 09 Oct 2006 19:17:20

Scanned on 09 Oct 2006 19:51:46

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

sweet thanks for the reply and e-mailng your DM. Just the response I wanted. I figure if I reserve one and show up on day 1 then they'll still likely have mine in stock. People go to pick up their shit like 2 weeks after release and get screwed, is my experience. But I think it'll be okay after reading that e-mail. Thanks a lot again!

Ive been calling my EBGames every single day for the past few weeks to ask about reservations, and they said as soon as they get the numbers from nintendo on how much EB will get and how much each store will get they will be taking reserves and that can be ANY day from now til the day before launch. Also there was a note sent out to all EB managers that says if they give out any info thats not suppose to be given out they will cut their fingers off or something lol

Edit: The memo http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/gseb.JPG

more info from Bjorn

"Although they aren't starting them now, here's the information I've got so far. (At least pertaining to my local store, located in Morgantown, WV.)

1. They aren't taking Wii pre-orders YET, but ARE taking pre-orders for Wii launch games (IE Zelda:Twilight Princess). That's $5 minimum down.

2. IF you pre-order a Wii game, you will recieve an automated call they day that they will start taking Wii pre-orders.

3. Wii pre-orders will not be delegated by the bundle you buy, but rather a "first come, first serve" basis.

4. Wii pre-orders are $50, and this does NOT have to be in trade-in credit.

5. If you trade in any old games/DVDs towards your Wii, you will get an additional 30% credit."

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I just got an e-mail from gamestop. Related to the PS3, NOT THE WII

Limited PlayStation 3 Pre-order
    GameStop and EB Games will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 console on Tuesday, October 10, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to deplete this allocation very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at this time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. A $100 reservation deposit is required, which can be funded with cash, credit or trade. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

Our limited online pre-order program will be announced at a later date, after software and accessory availability dates are confirmed. Online product pricing and availability will vary and will be fulfilled independent of store reservations

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another miss for you, Sony.

Sony has high hopes!

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Another miss for you, Sony.
    Wtf @ your sig lol

I showed up #6 in line out of a total of 6 people who showed up to the store opening period, and was the last pre-order.

If I end up getting a core system (because out of the 6 units the store is getting, they have no clue which they will get), I'm sure some jackass on ebay will pay thousands of dollars for the packaging, and thousands of dollars for the actual console.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I got my PS3 preordered. Barely though. I ended up having to go 40 minutes outside of Dallas to a hick town to get one lol. Every location in Dallas said their presales were gone in the first 10-15 minutes (it was pouring down rain hard as shit this morning too).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tirrock
    So true. I worked at Babbage's/Gamestop for almost 3 years, they had us hounding people for reservations on games that weren't out for another 2 years+. And if we didn't have a date, we were supposed to tell customers it would be out in the future and use a generic reservation. Was quite annoying.

Talked to an old manager I worked with back in the States, he says people are already telling him they are lining up before the store even opens that morning in order to get a reservation. I'd pay to see the face of those fanboys who wait all day to get a reservation, then get turned away. WTG Sony!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

http://www.thewiire.com/news/513/1/Game ... gin_Oct_13

confirmed for Friday. GOGOGOGO

wtf post bump??????

Old Merits
    BG Level

No thanks, gamestop/EB et al. I'll spend this winter replaying older games and pick up one of the next generation sometime when they actually have a few decent games available, too. Or just go to another store.

I got mine this morning i was #10 in line, preorders took up to 14

I'll reserve Wii first with FFVII:DOC and Devil May Cry 2. :wink:

Sony lost me at limited supplies.