+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 91
  1. #1
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    So how about that Adult Swim...

    I was watching it recently... haven't watched it much over the summer... but one thing came to mind.

    Sell outs.

    Anyone else feeling this? Adult Swim's quicky humor seems to have been replaced by subtle ads about music, movies, ect ect.

  2. #2
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,572
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I can't stand their latest stuff (12 Oz Mouse, Minoriteam and Squidbillies) and I'd wish Tom Goes... would die in a fire (you can only push a gay joke so far), but Venture Bros. season two has rocked, and they finally got a new season of Harvey Birdman. All I need is new Boondocks.

  3. #3
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    I can't stand their latest stuff (12 Oz Mouse, Minoriteam and Squidbillies) and I'd wish Tom Goes... would die in a fire (you can only push a gay joke so far), but Venture Bros. season two has rocked, and they finally got a new season of Harvey Birdman. All I need is new Boondocks.
    Way to missed the point entirely.

    To clearify, I'm talking about Adult Swim itself, not the shows.

  4. #4
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    173
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    i am just a mindless viewer who is entertained by whatever i see!(i dont watch it nearly as much as i used to)

    speaking of sell out all the ps3 preorders in my area have sold out til xmas >_>

  5. #5
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,572
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    I can't stand their latest stuff (12 Oz Mouse, Minoriteam and Squidbillies) and I'd wish Tom Goes... would die in a fire (you can only push a gay joke so far), but Venture Bros. season two has rocked, and they finally got a new season of Harvey Birdman. All I need is new Boondocks.
    Way to missed the point entirely.

    To clearify, I'm talking about Adult Swim itself, not the shows.
    Well, to speak on the clarification, I've noticed that they've dropped a lot of the user bumps and instead would rather use them to force product down your throat.

    It's not just their product that they're doing this with, it's other companies.

    But then again, they need to get their revenue they're blowing on the crappy shows I mentioned above from somewhere. As long as they're not rehashing the same Girls Gone Wild ad over and over... *cough Comedy Central cough*

  6. #6
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    21,952
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    As long as they're not rehashing the same Girls Gone Wild ad over and over... *cough Comedy Central cough*
    But...but...they get new ones ever year!

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    805
    BG Level
    5

    seriously the GGW commercials are starting to piss me off, i can flip through the channels and its like im on the same channel (even on the same place in the commercial)

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    seriously the GGW commercials are starting to piss me off, i can flip through the channels and its like im on the same channel (even on the same place in the commercial)
    lol yea same. i was over my friends house i couldnt understand why he was all "omg dude look! look!" every fucking time

  9. #9
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    Anyway, on the topic...

    I remember when Adult Swim had its weird humor, like a war between two shades of white over which would be the official text, but both white looked almost exactly alike. This is replaced with stuff like "Hey, we love this producer, he is the best in the world"... that is an exact quote.

  10. #10
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,770
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    No kidding. One of the bumpers the other night thanked just a bunch of random high powered people and shows and what not. I get what you are saying BRP. It is becoming more and more of a sell out then just a network for us older people to have fun watching.

  11. #11

    Adult Swim seems to advertise themselves way too much. They're a little too cocky about their programs and how great they are. Seriously, when they show a commercial of a baby with mouths for eyes, say that it's us, and then show a uhh... sandwich or something, I don't remember, it's fucking degrading.

    Honestly I only put Adult Swim on for Futurama/Family Guy/Robot Chicken.

  12. #12
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    I liked Adult Swim best when it was mostly anime. Now it's packed with frat-boy viewers who are obsessed with shows Fox cancelled 10 years ago.

  13. #13
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,314
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    They need to show Excel Saga ffs

  14. #14
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    I dont really watch adult swim, except for when I go to my friends house who records some shows with TiVo, like tome goes to the mayor (hilarious, imo) . One of the main reasons that I stopped watching was that they constantley showed reruns and ANIME. It was just boring. I just wish that they would show some new Aqua Teen Hunger Force. cuz that show owns so hard.

  15. #15
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    165
    BG Level
    3

    Metalocalypse is my new favorite show.

  16. #16
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4

    Tom Goes to the Mayor makes me /sigh so hard my back hurts. Everytime I realize it's still on the air, I shake my head and wonder if I'm on an episode of the Twilight Zone. The creators are profiting from brainless writing with a homosexual twist, while good shows like Perfect Hair Forever end up on the cutting room floor.

    If Tom Goes to Mayor stopped existing right now, it wouldn't be soon enough. I sympathize with those who have watched full episodes, and for the creators, may God have mercy on their souls. If I had a chance to relive the precious moments I spent watching TGTTM, I'd probably spend them burning ants with a magnifying glass, as that would be a more productive use of my time.

    Public apologies need be issued if Adult Swim wants to win back my casual viewing. Criticism aside here are my picks.

    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Perfect Hair Forever
    Futurama
    Sealab 2021
    Family Guy
    The Venture Brothers
    Shin Chan
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    The Boondocks
    Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law

    Any that I missed, well that's too bad~

  17. #17
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,314
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    Metalocalypse is my new favorite show.
    QFT only show I ever watch on there

  18. #18
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    709
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    No eating in the pool!

    I miss those days

    I agree with BRP, I enjoyed Adult Swim much more when it was mostly Anime. I also really liked Space Ghost, but I'm not sure how popular/unpopular that show was.

    Sea Lab 2021 was great until the guy who voiced the captain died in real life. They tried to replace him but it just didn't feel the same.

    The only show on that I would actually watch anymore is Aqua Teen, and that has gone down hill too.

    Edit: I just realized that after the old school "pool" blip, my youtube video link goes into a stupid fucking "Tom goes.." episode. Wtf. Oh, the irony...

  19. #19
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by theo
    No eating in the pool!

    I miss those days

    I agree with BRP, I enjoyed Adult Swim much more when it was mostly Anime. I also really liked Space Ghost, but I'm not sure how popular/unpopular that show was.

    Sea Lab 2021 was great until the guy who voiced the captain died in real life. They tried to replace him but it just didn't feel the same.

    The only show on that I would actually watch anymore is Aqua Teen, and that has gone down hill too.
    Oh man... it's amazing, thinking back when I watched the premier episode of Inuyasha or something, like what? 4 years ago?

  20. #20
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    709
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Heh, this thread has got me feeling all nostalgic.

    Now I'm thinking about the days when Toonami was still worth watching lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. So how do you pronounce the WAFIK in Lordwafik?
    By Norelco in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2006-06-15, 20:45
  2. about that BG SUCKS topic today >.>
    By Taru_Arquis in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2005-11-16, 16:07