Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WTF Ix'DRK     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm not even sure what the drop rates are anymore with 1 organ, because 100% drop on anything in sea is too good to pass up.
    0/2 now, I have no idea either, but sucked for us.

Lol, we don't even kill the Qns, we unpop them.

Most RRs iv seen on DRK was 4.

Never seen a vice drop off it nor mnk either, but got plenty of deeds.

hmmm

My LS has done Ix'Drk 7x and 6/7 times we killed the Qn'Aern and he never reraised more than 3x. This last time (7th time), we just took to zone and only killed him and he RRed 11x before dropping deed so I do believe that killing the Qn'Aern does help prevent him from RRing forver.

I also like to say on another note that we've had the best luck popping him when we're not in a large group. I got animosity first kill for pop soloing the aern last week and then tonight going on a hunch split the alliance into 3 PT and each took an aern and was able to pop him immediatly. We used to try to pop with around a 12 person alliance and took forever to pop. Has anyone else noticed this little anomaly?

Re: hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    I also like to say on another note that we've had the best luck popping him when we're not in a large group. I got animosity first kill for pop soloing the aern last week and then tonight going on a hunch split the alliance into 3 PT and each took an aern and was able to pop him immediatly. We used to try to pop with around a 12 person alliance and took forever to pop. Has anyone else noticed this little anomaly?
    Yes, this seems to be the case for us as well. Farming Ix'DRK with more than 6 people is usually a huge waste of time (hello 2+ hours without message, or the person who got message is AFK). If you have a lot of people, just send a 3 person group to manaburn Ix'DRK and send everyone else to Ix'DRG or Temp or something.

Re: hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    Yes, this seems to be the case for us as well. Farming Ix'DRK with more than 6 people is usually a huge waste of time (hello 2+ hours without message, or the person who got message is AFK). If you have a lot of people, just send a 3 person group to manaburn Ix'DRK and send everyone else to Ix'DRG or Temp or something.
    I can confirm this also; more people the less likely you are to get the message it seems. Wasted 3 Hours with a full alliance once yet parties of 3 or so seem to have no issue getting the message relatively quick .

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ixMnk is static ??? until its poped unless something was changed very recently, we've seen about 5+ capes and many many deeds

ixDrk we always kill the QN's first while someone kites ixDrk around the room, we've seen probably 6-7 capes and many many deeds

imo IxDrg is the hardest if he pops and you are unprepared i.e. pops on first Aern kill with 2 others still in room and then first Aern RR's. In that case we have teams break off and kite Ix and his pets and work on the Aerns until all are dead.

i've been involved in many ixDrg death after death runs. even tho sometimes it can go very smooth i think this is the most challenging of the Ix's

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

3/12 Cape
    9/12 Deed
    Longest fight was when he rr 10-11 times

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We kill the Qn's every time right away, most he has ever RRed for us is 4-5 RRs.

It really has to be linked to the Qns, our straight average RR # is 1-2

How do you depop the Qns?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Lol, we don't even kill the Qns, we unpop them.

Most RRs iv seen on DRK was 4.
    My bullshit meter is going off here, because we popped Ix'DRK at 1:30 am, and at 5:15 am the Qn'Aern's were STILL sitting at the pop area.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ix'MNK is a filthy slattern.

Ix'DRK is a sullied libertine.

That is all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Had Ix'drk reraise 26 times.. Took over 3 hours total. We never kill the QN's either x_x, just have a thf out of pt aggro it all and run to a portal while we pull IX to zone. About 3/25 on cape I would guess and average reraise is around 2-4, with probably 5 of the kills never reraising.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Last DRK we got reraised 12 times.

In other news... approaching 0/40 on Faith Torque... 2/2 virtue last night. -_-

1/3 Faith Torque, guess we got lucky
    How many people are you killing Ix'drk with? No reason not to kill the Qn'aerns they are so easy, killed both Qn'aern and Ix'drk with just 2 MNK/NINs, a NIN, RDM, BLM and DRK/NIN.. Ix'drk reraised once then we needed backup to finish it off. With 12 people or so, no reason not to kill the Qn'aern.

So how do you make the Qns not come after whose fighting Ixdrk after they zone/die?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

what about for the Ix'aern DRG? is it the same way with the Ix DRK with Qn'aerns as to the wyverns with drop rate?

I remember when it was proposed in a different thread that killing Qn'aerns affected the drop rate of cape, half the people that replied said "yeah, totally, we only get capes when we kill the Qn's" and the other half replied, "yeah, totally, we only get the cape when we leave the Qn's up." Which seems to me to be a pretty clear indication that killing the Qn's has nothing at all to do with it.

As for the Qn's themselves, they don't despawn until the Ix'aern dies or despawns, but if they are far enough away when you pull him they won't link and they'll just wander back to wherever they popped and hang there (for example, zoning Ix'DRK it will happen eventually because they will prefer Ranged Attack and will eventually grow in distance from the Ix'aern). For us, Ix'drk reraises more often when you don't kill them, but we almost always kill them so I don't have enough personal experience to say that with any real degree of certainty.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its random, I've had people come to me today saying they've gone through similiar situations with 20 or so reraises. The only reason it took us 6 hours and 50ish reraises to get a drop is because God hates Nynja (along with everyone else).

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    ixMnk is static ??? until its poped unless something was changed very recently, we've seen about 5+ capes and many many deeds
    Yeah this is what confused the fuck out of me, there was no one else in the Palace outside of my LS and the ??? wasn't up in either spot.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    1/3 Faith Torque, guess we got lucky
    How many people are you killing Ix'drk with? No reason not to kill the Qn'aerns they are so easy, killed both Qn'aern and Ix'drk with just 2 MNK/NINs, a NIN, RDM, BLM and DRK/NIN.. Ix'drk reraised once then we needed backup to finish it off. With 12 people or so, no reason not to kill the Qn'aern.
    I think you missed the part of my post where I said we popped it as 2 blm and a rdm.