BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    1/3 Faith Torque, guess we got lucky
    How many people are you killing Ix'drk with? No reason not to kill the Qn'aerns they are so easy, killed both Qn'aern and Ix'drk with just 2 MNK/NINs, a NIN, RDM, BLM and DRK/NIN.. Ix'drk reraised once then we needed backup to finish it off. With 12 people or so, no reason not to kill the Qn'aern.
    I think you missed the part of my post where I said we popped it as 2 blm and a rdm.

Rdm could easily kite Ix'drk for hour in the room (just like any job with shadow or 1hp/mp refresh). Have both blm disband and train Qn to zone at different time to separate them. Zone back in, make a party and zerg a single Qn with both blm. Zerg the other after and go back to Ix'Drk when both are dead.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    How many people are you killing Ix'drk with? No reason not to kill the Qn'aerns they are so easy, killed both Qn'aern and Ix'drk with just 2 MNK/NINs, a NIN, RDM, BLM and DRK/NIN.. Ix'drk reraised once then we needed backup to finish it off. With 12 people or so, no reason not to kill the Qn'aern.
    I think you missed the part of my post where I said we popped it as 2 blm and a rdm.

Rdm could easily kite Ix'drk for hour in the room (just like any job with shadow or 1hp/mp refresh). Have both blm disband and train Qn to zone at different time to separate them. Zone back in, make a party and zerg a single Qn with both blm. Zerg the other after and go back to Ix'Drk when both are dead.
    RDM is a female irl...we all know their navigational skills.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

RDM is a female irl...we all know their navigational skills.
    And we all know you're lucky she isn't close to you cause you'd get slapped for that

even though what you said is completely accurate

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

well she's only 4 posts up from the incriminating post....

was actually asking Stellar, but yea, the Qns have nothing to do with the drop rate from what I've read/heard. How do you avoid the link from Qns with 3 people Nynja?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

was actually asking Stellar, but yea, the Qns have nothing to do with the drop rate from what I've read/heard. How do you avoid the link from Qns with 3 people Nynja?

I think it was said 3 times in this thread I'm not Nynja, but I will assume they train everything to entrance once it pop (Everyone in the PT usually have hate on pop because aern always aggro the whole party, not a single person). After they unagro, someone disband and pull both Qn toward the zone (all 3 mobs should link back on that person). Someone else grab Ix'Drk off the train and bring it to a tower while both Qn are trained to entrance. I've done it with 2 people easily without dying. Just need to be careful not aggro the pot or ghrah on the way to the tower (assuming you cant sleep those)

If you don't mind suicide pulling, you could simply train the drk right after the pop, die, reraise and pull it again (rng should be far behind because they were shooting arrow instead of following you).

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

both times I've popped it in my manaburn group, we were fortunate enough to have it pop south east. So I'd pop it, zone out to the palace, and let them run back. I'd disband my party, diaga a Qn, then run to the SW portal up to faith (Gaiters ftw, necessity not luxury), while the blm and rdm would hold Ix in the elevator room till I got back.

Elevator room is a GREAT fighting spot because rdm can get up in the middle, kinda like ulli, and have full casting access (cept for the 4 corner pillars), so ppl never run out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Lol, we don't even kill the Qns, we unpop them.

Most RRs iv seen on DRK was 4.
    My bullshit meter is going off here, because we popped Ix'DRK at 1:30 am, and at 5:15 am the Qn'Aern's were STILL sitting at the pop area.

We sac pull Ix >.>

Iunno what to tell you, my LS never killed the Qns and he hasnt RRed more than i said previously, so i highly doubt its related and purely luck based. The one time I was dead in the pop room I swear I saw em unpop.
    But yeah normally we just get 2 nins or /nin to voke em and sit till playing catch, if the pull fails.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think how much he reraises is pretty random. I duo this a good bit and we never kill the Qns. Personally the most we've seen it reraise is 8 times I think. You guys just got really unlucky ; ;

Gaiters aren't necessary for this though. What we do is this: get the message, disband party to pop it yada yada. We zone it and allow it to go back to wherever it popped. My partner waits in the main hallway while I go back and dia a Qn and drag the whole lot of them to the main hallway where he picks off Ix and brings him to the big elevator. I continue my kite around down through the main hallway to one of the S rooms all the way down to one of the small elevators there. The Qns get so far behind you they aren't even a problem. Only problem with trying to zone up is that pot that spins really fast and aggros you right before the elevator. If you toss a stun on it you can zone up safely to lose aggro. After that I just go back down and join pt with my partner at the elevator.

Elevator room is a GREAT fighting spot because rdm can get up in the middle, kinda like ulli, and have full casting access (cept for the 4 corner pillars), so ppl never run out of range.
    Care to elaborate on how this works? I thought that the only way into the elevator room was by running through a 4-pot-of-death room, or using the front door which acts like a small cutscene. Does using the door reset your hate, and which path does Ix'DRK take to get into the Elevator room?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Care to elaborate on how this works? I thought that the only way into the elevator room was by running through a 4-pot-of-death room, or using the front door which acts like a small cutscene. Does using the door reset your hate, and which path does Ix'DRK take to get into the Elevator room?
    it's still in the same zone, i doubt you'd lose hate. as long as you can get far enough for you to get the CS without being interrupted it should work.

never thought of fighting it there myself, which is a really good idea.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

since Ix'drk stops to cast and such you can put some distance between you and him on the way to the elevator. The little cs isn't a problem, he will follow you right on through.

This spot works nicely because if you're duoing it you can zone up the elevator to rest MP while your partner is kiting. I've died too many times while resting because Ix just stopped and whacked me on his way around lol.

What we do is just nuke and kite. Alternate tier 4s to bounce hate back and forth until we're low on MP then have one person zone up and rest to full while the other kites. Then when you're full you can come down and toss a big nuke on it to get hate while your partner goes up and rests to full.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They follow you in through the door. If you don't have gaiters, you can time it properly to not get jewed by "Event Skipped.", if you do have gaiters, you should be out of range by the time you get to the door.

Using the elevator resets hate (duh), going through the door does not.

I usually dont even need to rest unless I get gayed on Aspirs (3x 0-30 in a row). My partner rests, I cast Aspir when it spawns, it draws weapon, I start casting drain because it opens with a spell, then I just kite and Aspir till Galka BLM is finished resting his 300 mp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

IX and friends work off of party hate. Make sure whoever the puller is disbands party and pulls by the QN (so the IX will be yellow to be taken by your kill party) Once both QN and IX have aggroed the puller, pull IX out of the pack and take wherever to fight.. Distance from IX to QN doesnt really matter. As long as its not normal Aern linking distance they wont come after the party fighting IX. If the puller doesn't disband party then distance would be a factor and it's gonna be pretty tough to lose QN hate.. We typically exp there with a group of 6, so having one member take care of the QN instead of kill them works out alot easier for us..

Ah, gotcha, gaiters will definitely do it lol, a BLM would surely die before they could make it out to the center room to actually perform the sac without 12% movement, Ix'drk hits pretty damn hard and fast.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah, gotcha, gaiters will definitely do it lol, a BLM would surely die before they could make it out to the center room to actually perform the sac without 12% movement, Ix'drk hits pretty damn hard and fast.
    Not true. Neither I or my duo partner have gaiters and we do this all the time. Ix only runs as fast as you do. Also he stops to cast things so it's incredibly easy to put distance between you and the Ix. You can pull him all the way from his spawn to the main hall to be picked off and carry on with Qns to another portal without gaiters simply because he stops to cast and the Qns are rng.

If you don't have gaiters, you can time it properly to not get jewed by "Event Skipped.", if you do have gaiters, you should be out of range by the time you get to the door.
    even without gaiters you can still very easily put enough distance between you and Ix to not get the event skipped message on the cs. It's pretty easy to get out of his range.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Chrystina
    If you don't have gaiters, you can time it properly to not get jewed by "Event Skipped.", if you do have gaiters, you should be out of range by the time you get to the door.
    even without gaiters you can still very easily put enough distance between you and Ix to not get the event skipped message on the cs. It's pretty easy to get out of his range.
    Yeah, you dont need gaiters to run Ix'DRK to the middle room...

however, as you said, you need to stun the fast spinning pot at the faith portal up just to have a chance to zone up, and you pass a second pot before that too. If that happens to aggro without gaiters, you're not getting up the elevator alive.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Chrystina
    Yeah, you dont need gaiters to run Ix'DRK to the middle room...

however, as you said, you need to stun the fast spinning pot at the faith portal up just to have a chance to zone up, and you pass a second pot before that too. If that happens to aggro without gaiters, you're not getting up the elevator alive.
    The first pot you pass is easy, the aerns are pretty far back and you can wait for it to turn and just go by that normally. The fasting spinning one is a pain but it's not hard to stun it when you're going up once you get on to it.

The point was more that it can easily be done without gaiters though. Worst case scenario, you dieing running the Qns away a couple times while you're learning how to do it. As long as you have reraise it's not a big deal and mission still accomplished cos you managed to seperate them.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Can just continue running around the tower until you get a distance and then zone.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Slight bump but I guess we just got lucky. First time deciding to try and do this, me and a friend went and popped Ix'Drk after the 2nd aern in the galka tower. My partner was D/Cing right as the 2nd aern died so i popped it solo and had to kite it around and die a few times before he got back and we managed to get it to the elevator. Another friend came to help and we killed it and on first kill without a RR it dropped the Vice. Guess I got pretty lucky.