Thread: WTF Ix'DRK     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

WTF Ix'DRK

Popped it around 1:30 am EST RDM BLM BLM...taking around 10 minutes a pop to kill it.
    Fought it till around 4:00, BLM on LS showed up to help us kill it faster. Around 4:45, BLM 2boxed his THF incase getting any drop is based on TH. Fights are taking like 6-7 min each. It's now 5:30 am, and were still fighting it -.-

anyone else noticed this kinda retardedness from Ix'DRK, cause I seriously need to sleep soon

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Most number of RR's I've heard of from friends was like 22. At least you can take comfort in the fact that he'll drop something... eventually.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Did you kill the Qn's?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Did you kill the Qn's?
    I was going to ask the same thing, each Ix'Drk I've fought only RR'd the minimal amount of times, we always killed the Qn's first.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

when we pop as blm we never do....this isnt the first time we've done this >.>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

According to my friend who plays in sea a lot, he RR's a lot more often if you don't kill the Qn's.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

When we fought ix'drk the other day he RRed 10 times. And we had to drag 18 people down there after the blm pt popped it (cause that's just how we roll... either that or we suck). Are you just letting the rdm kite and/or tank it unengaged while the blms rest?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ToD: 6:35 am est....

called up like 13 ppl eventually and they killed the qn's....still took like 4 attempts to kill it before it dropped deed. Gotta revamp the strat then if killing qn's is necessary

Relic Horn
    BG Level

If you kill the Qn's is it 100% drop on an item? We've always killed one and held the second thinking that if both were dead the reraise wasn't 100% if no items dropped. We never risked the pop to test it. >_>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    If you kill the Qn's is it 100% drop on an item? We've always killed one and held the second thinking that if both were dead the reraise wasn't 100% if no items dropped. We never risked the pop to test it. >_>
    Ix'DRK will always drop an item if it's done reraising, and will always reraise if he doesn't drop something. He just seems to reraise fewer times on average if the Qn'aerns have been defeated.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Does killing Qn' have any relevance on deed vs vice drop, or just number of reraises by Ix'DRK?

Ix'MNK drops Cape more often if you leave the Qns up, and drops Deed more often if you kill the Qns first (3 organ pop onry... since it's 100% drop)

We always kill Qns first on Ix'DRK and the most reraises I've seen is like... 3. We also have THF there usually.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Ix'MNK drops Cape more often if you leave the Qns up, and drops Deed more often if you kill the Qns first (3 organ pop onry... since it's 100% drop)

We always kill Qns first on Ix'DRK and the most reraises I've seen is like... 3. We also have THF there usually.
    Thats bullshit cause we're 3/infinity symbol and we never kill the 'mnks qns.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I've seen equal numbers of deeds and capes from ix'drk from killing the qn'aerns first. Just 2 capes and 2 deeds. Our LS record as a whole is something like 5-6 deeds and 3 capes afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

Thats bullshit cause we're 3/infinity symbol and we never kill the 'mnks qns.
    We got 2/2 capes last night, and we don't even need them anymore . Didn't have enough people to kill Qns so we just kited Ix into the Ebon Panel room.

Ix'MNK has been changed so many times since sea first came out. The ??? moves more randomly (it used to always pop 2x on one side, then 2x on the other), the drop rate is 100% with 3 deeds now. We got a majority of our capes before any of these changes, using 1 organ pops. I'm not even sure what the drop rates are anymore with 1 organ, because 100% drop on anything in sea is too good to pass up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's funny because I've herd the total oposit, and all the times we've popped with 3 organs and just held the Qns - I've still yet to see a cape drop.

Black Belt
    BG Level

we did like 6-8 three organ pops about a month ago and got only 1 cape.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since Ix'mnk came up, does his ??? move now? My LS was going thru the palace doing Temperance and looking for Ix'mnk last monday and the ??? wasn't up in either spot while we were going thru, and there was no one else in zone who could have popped it.

Black Belt
    BG Level

never seen it move without popping it.

Fought Ix'drk first time last night, got animosity after first aern, popped it and trained everything to zone with RDM RDM NIN and proceeded to kill the QN and then Ix.

Ix didnt even reraise once and dropped deed :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast